Thread: ebValidationResults. Please clarify the results.

Default ebValidationResults. Please clarify the results.

I just did a fresh install. I checked everything on the way (rtw1.5, eb1.1, eb1.2, eb1.2 with fixes). I thought I did everything right. Vista with uac off, rtw is NOT in program files, etc. I should have a clean version of eb1.2.

I ran a validation. It looks messy. What does all this mean?

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt..._1.pak-missing
    This didn't seem to help.

ebValidationResults.txt

Default Re: ebValidationResults. Please clarify the results.

I just extracted this: patch_1.pak. That takes care of the missing file. But what about the rest?
    Last edited by moriluk; 03-01-2011 at 02:07.

Looks like this to me:
    1. You've installed the missing sprites fix. (*.tga.dds, *.spr and descr_model_battle)
    2. You've installed a few hotfixes to ebbs (script) and buildings (export_descr_buildings)
    3. You've added a few shortcuts (presumably made by the installer)
    4. Do you happen to have Steam instead of retail (DVD) discs version of Rome TW?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

I have the gold edition of rtw and I don't use steam. I am not sure when or how I would have installed hotfixes of anysort.

Is this going to be fine like this? Do I even need the patch_1.pak?

Oh in that case you might be missing a few. They can be found in the sticky: 1.2 fixes you should try before posting. After you apply those, if you run the validation program let it download an updated checklist. IIRC that includes updated checksums. This should help clarify some of the entries you are getting.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

I guess I misunderstood what you meant by "hotfixes". I already did all the 1.2 fixes. Perhaps I did it wrong? I ran the validation after the fixes. Do I need to change, delete, or add anything?

Quote Originally Posted by moriluk View Post
    I guess I misunderstood what you meant by "hotfixes". I already did all the 1.2 fixes. Perhaps I did it wrong? I ran the validation after the fixes. Do I need to change, delete, or add anything?
    No: validation results seem to indicate that the files which you applied fixes for have changed since the default (from before the fixes). In other words, the validation results simply seem to point out that the fixes have been applied properly. The only thing you might want to do is re-run the validation program and let it download an updated checklist: maybe you've validated against an outdated checklist, for peace of mind.
    - Tellos Athenaios

Thanks.

The checklist has not been updated to include the official fixes, sorry. Now that you have got the patch_1.pak file, your installation should be just fine.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking