Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cops and Robbers [Concluded]

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Non mafia game: Cops and Robbers.

Sorry John. Count me back in.
    I'll be busy for the next 5 days or so, but should be fine after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy187 View Post
    Sorry John. Count me back in.
    I'll be busy for the next 5 days or so, but should be fine after that.
    No problem, shouldn't start before then.

The Gotham City Times
    March 29th 2012

Many questions unanswered after explosion

Special report by Arnold Spelvin

Gotham City wakes up to a shocking morning, a police force devastated and a crime ring destroyed. Mayor West is has promised an update later today to clear up the events of this past evening, despite numerous calls we have received no reply from the Gotham City Police Department.

At approximately 9:35 pm last night an explosion was heard at the Gotham Heights home of rumoured "mafia don" Alberto Panucci, Gotham City Fire Department were on scene in minutes with ambulances from Gotham General just behind. What they found was a scene from a warzone, half of the house flattened and the rest ablaze, bodies littering the grounds of the house. I was told by one firefighter that bodies had been dragged from the lake, thrown from the house in the explosion, dead already or drowned after they couldn't escape the lake due to their injuries. One estimate put the number of dead at "at least fifty, maybe twice that".

A number of the dead were wearing GCPD uniforms, information from the deparment has been limited, but it is rumoured that up to forty officers were involved in an operation to arrest Mr Panucci when the explosion occurred. When I arrived at the scene there was no police presence, it took another thirty minutes for police to arrive and I was immediately removed from the scene. Before this I was able to speak to a number of members of the fire department and paramedics, the most likely cause of the catastrophe appears to be a gas explosion. Calls to the local gas suppliers, however, turned up the information that Mr Panucci did not have a gas supply to his home.

continued on page 2
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 04-02-2011 at 03:39.

Gotham City Police Department:

Pizza, Seon, Skooma, TheFlax, Renata, AA, Stildawn, Beefy.

You can each name your character if you wish, or I can do it for you. You will need to choose 4 traits for your officer, one from each of the groups below.

ambitious/idealistic/cynical
    energetic/vigilant/lazy
    scientific/thorough/old fashioned
    aggressive/even-tempered/passive

You can also write a short bio of your character, preferably to include the traits you have chosen. I would prefer if you roleplayed using the traits you picked, it is not necessary however as they are mainly to determine the outcome of certain night events.

Write ups at the end of each night phase will all be a new issue of the Gotham City Times, there will be more than one journalist and each one will have his own agenda, so write ups may not be as clear cut as they appear. Each player will also get a pm detailing the results of their nights actions, the outcomes of most actions will depend largely on traits, but sometimes choices may need to be made, I will pm players at the beginning of the night phase to give them plenty of time to decide. Each day phase will be a discussion phase lasting 24 or 48 hours (which do you guys think would be better?), with actions carried out in a 24 hour night phase.

Cops can pm me their choice of traits or post them in here, whatever they prefer. Just remember if the robbers know your strengths and weaknesses they can plan accordingly. When the game starts I will open a new thread called GCPD HQ, which will be the cops discussion thread, the first action will be to vote new ranks for the officers, I'm looking at 1 lieutenant, 1 sergeant, 2 detectives and 4 officers. There will be higher ranks available as the game progresses.

I'm hoping, if I can get all the players in, that the game will start on Wednesday or Thursday, half the robbers have sent their traits and one cop so far. More players would be very welcome.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 03-28-2011 at 02:41.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thorough?
    Last edited by Double A; 03-28-2011 at 04:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Thorough?
    The scientific/thorough/old fashioned line of traits is a basic idea of investigative technique. Scientific likes to spend a lot of time at the crime scene looking for clues, old fashioned would take more time talking to witnesses and thorough is a balance between the two.

Still waiting on traits for 3 of the cops.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    The scientific/thorough/old fashioned line of traits is a basic idea of investigative technique. Scientific likes to spend a lot of time at the crime scene looking for clues, old fashioned would take more time talking to witnesses and thorough is a balance between the two.

Still waiting on traits for 3 of the cops.
    I would PM them, to make sure they're aware of this. Perhaps they didn't fully read your updates.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I would PM them, to make sure they're aware of this. Perhaps they didn't fully read your updates.
    Done, hopefully we'll be ready to start in the next few days.

The Gotham City Times
    March 30th 2012

Did crimelord run GCPD?

Arnold Goldsmith

Almost 36 hours after the explosion which killed a still unconfirmed number of police and civilians we still have a deafening silence from the headquarters of our city's police department. It has been revealed that Police Commissioner Gordon was part of the police party at the compound of suspected mafia don Alberto Panucci, a surprising development that a commissioner would take such an active role in arresting a criminal. If indeed that was his purpose in being at the compound. I have information from a number of sources within GCPD that point to his presence being a surprise to the arresting officers, I will keep the exact details from the public for a few days out of respect for the officers that lost their lives. It is clear, however, that our police department will have some very tough days ahead and strong leadership will be needed, from where that will come, I have no idea.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I'm waiting on traits for one more cop, I will have the game up and running by tomorrow (Sunday) regardless of whether I receive them, I will always be accepting new players anyway. I would like to start now, but I'm working all day Saturday and Sunday morning/early afternoon so don't really have time.

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

Interesting setup.

For the record, I prefer 48h days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

Game will be starting on Wednesday, had hoped to start today but sister just had a baby so off to see them. GCPD thread, player role pms and full mechanics will be posted around 9pm BST Wednesday.

I got an unexpected free afternoon, so cop role pms going out in the next hour and the GCPD thread should be opened soon. I'll let the robbers know what's happening soon.

The Gotham City Times
    April 1st 2012

Business as usual at GCPD
    Arnold Spelvin

A small crack in the wall of silence from our police force yesterday as Commander Decker gave a brief press conference on the steps of GCPD HQ. Questions regarding the ongoing investigation into the explosion at the Panucci compound and the condition of Panucci and Commissioner Gordon were deftly batted aside. He was pressed on the ability of the police force to provide adequate policing to the citizens of Gotham City during the investigation.

"I spent the afternoon pulling together a group of our finest officers to ensure the citizens of this great city are safe. The men and women I chose, after lengthy deliberations, are the finest in the force and I promise you all that you are as safe as you have ever been. No more questions."

Efforts to find out more about this group of officers have been fruitless, the small chink in the armour protecting GCPD closed almost as quickly as it opened.

Do Internet Gamerooms Cause Sterility?

April Narr

A recent test by Gotham University has turned up shocking evidence that people who play "mafia" style games on internet forums quickly become sterile. Analysis is still ongoing but early evidence suggests playing any more than five of these games will cause complete sterility. Opponents of the testing argue that the people who play these games are simply so ugly and socially unnacceptable that nobody is willing to touch them. We will keep you updated with developments in the analysis of the results.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I feel sorry not for me, but for Pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    I feel sorry not for me, but for Pizza.
    I assure you, my 7 months of celibacy are due to heartbreak, not a case of the uglies.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Not judging by the gameroom statistics...

The Gotham City Times
    April 2nd 2012

Bodies still not found
    Arnold Spelvin

Four days after the explosion at the Panucci compound, the bodies of Alberto Panucci and Commissioner Gordon have not been found. Investigators tell me that this should not be taken as a sign they survived the explosion as a large number of the bodies recovered have still not been identified.

In other news, Commander Decker has confirmed a special team has been tasked with running the day to day policing of Gotham City. Rookie Lieutenant Tsukika Hamaguchi, 24 has been placed in charge of the team. We will endeavour to speak with Ms Hamaguchi in the next few days.

Map updated with each a list of the locations in each neighbourhood.

Round over. Night phase begins, results pms will be out in about 12 hours, off to bed now.

Blog Entries

Ok, I give up. Is Janice a guy or girl?

Prodigy of Paarthurnax Member Skooma Addict's Avatar

Default Re: Cops and Robbers

Give them some coffee and see what bathroom they head into.

The Gotham City Times
    April 3rd 2012

Vicious assault on priest
    Arnold Goldsmith

Gotham City has seen many a heinous crime over the years, but the clergy have usually been allowed to go about their business without fear of assault. Last night the last taboo in Gotham was broken when an elderly priest was assaulted for the contents of his collection box. Father O'Brien of St John's in Midtown was on his way back to the church after spending the evening collecting for the local orphanage, on the steps of the church he was attacked by a "smiling monster" to quote the badly shaken priest. Residents were appalled and asked the question, "where were the police?" None were seen in the area last night, and I'm told it took almost two hours for police to respond to the incident.

Lawyer attacked in Downtown
    Kellie Bright

A lawyer was attacked last night in Europa Square as she made her way to her car from work. Karen Robinson, 38, had no connection with the ongoing Panucci investigation and it is believed to have been a random mugging. Police were unavailable for comment.

New lieutenant busy in role
    Arnold Spelvin

Tsukika Hamaguchi, lieutenant in charge of GCPD's controversial new "C Shift" is obviously a very busy girl. I asked her a few questions on her new job and the Panucci investigation, unfortunately she didn't even have the time for a polite refusal. It seems she was too busy ordering her officers to be nowhere near the scene of the crime when a priest was brutally beaten and a hardworking lawyer was robbed. She obviously had much more important things for her officers to be doing. Such as driving back and forth over Tosa Bridge all night.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 04-09-2011 at 15:52.

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

As I posted in Beefy`s game, I will not be able to logon to the Org until next friday when I return from my current trip. I apologize for this and hope to get back in the game as soon as I return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

Prodigy of Paarthurnax Member Skooma Addict's Avatar

Perhaps an interim detective should be promoted until Adelia returns?

There's a big difference in activity between the Cops and the Robbers, the game won't last long if it continues. The Robbers all got orders in first phase and I only had half the Cop orders. If both sides are getting similar numbers if orders in each phase it will be hugely inbalanced in the Robbers favour.

It is no problem if you don't want to get too in depth with your order Patrol: Neighbourhood is perfectly fine. If you don't seem to have any ability you can use for a phase just order Backup: Player, and you will assist the specified player in their orders.

Gah, where's my pro-town networking ability when I need it.

I could send out orders for people and set up a big net to catch the robbers, the trouble is I've been pressed for time these past few days.

I would love it if someone, anyone, besides me would step up and just send out blanket orders for everybody for a phase.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Gah, where's my pro-town networking ability when I need it.

I could send out orders for people and set up a big net to catch the robbers, the trouble is I've been pressed for time these past few days.

I would love it if someone, anyone, besides me would step up and just send out blanket orders for everybody for a phase.
    That's kinda why we have ranks...

edit: Phase over, write up and pms should be done by 10pm BST.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 04-11-2011 at 14:23.

The Gotham City Times
    April 4th 2012

City too dangerous for citizens to leave their homes?
    Arnold Spelvin

Sergeant Freddy Tunney last night gave an indication of the mood amongst GCPD, I asked him how dangerous Gotham was at the minute and he told me it was too dangerous for citizens to walk the streets at night. He promised GCPD would endeavour to show a larger presence on the street, but didn't expand upon why they hadn't recently. Perhaps they are too scared. Sergeant Tunney alse appeared to angle for Lieutenant Hamaguchi's job when he told me her position was being monitored and a decision on a replacement would be made in a few days.

Mugger apprehended in Midtown
    Kellie Bright

Police apprehended a mugger last night in the process of robbing an 81 year old Gotham resident. Maggie Smith is recovering in Gotham General, still in shock after the assault, which follows quickly on the heels of a priest being brutally beaten. We were unable to talk to Mrs Smith, but witnesses say undercover GCPD detectives were on the scene instantly and the assailant was captured without bloodshed. We are still awaiting comment from GCPD HQ.

Robbery in Gotham Heights
    Bob Newman

A private gentlemans club in Gotham Heights was the victim of a heist last night. The manager was robbed by an armed man when closing and a substantial sum of money was taken. Club owners have appealed for witnesses to contact GCPD.

Phase three begins, 48 hours for orders.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 04-11-2011 at 21:55.

Phase over, orders in and I need to do this now as I'm very busy the next few days. Write up and pms should be done within 2 hours.

Results out, write up beginnning.
    Last edited by johnhughthom; 04-13-2011 at 14:12.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast