Thread: Wrong Date

Default Wrong Date

Hey, my current Empire game was 156 BC at the end of my turn - where I've jsut been attacked twice, defeated both armies and saved my game. Now however, the year reads winter, 194 BC, and not 156. Any idea what's happened and why? Is it fixable. After all this time on my game, it would be a shame to stop playing it... I can't play it like this. I've just figured out it happens when I start the EB script by clicking on the adviser and show me how... it never used to do this when I did this...

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by Harkilaz; 03-11-2011 at 20:47.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Wrong Date

After reading both your posts in the show-your-empire-thread at TWC and the other thread you opened this seems like you either bugged your campaign yourself by forgetting to load the background script for some years and/or have a corrupt installation.
    Only you know if the first is true, the second can be solved by running validateInstall.bat found in your RTW folder and posting the results (please in spoilers) here.

I would suggest to move the backups of your recent campaigns to a place outside the RTW folder, so you can re-install safe.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Cheers - yeah, sometimes I forget about activating the script, but most of the time I do remember. Does it effect the game if I've saved it before a battle in the enemies turn (i.e - with the battle info up on the generals and forces involved in the coming fight) and it crashes, so when I load it back up, I can't activate the script straight away as its on the fight screen and can only do so when the AI turn is up and my turn begins again? (this is also when I quite often forget to click the show me how button!) This has been happening often for the last few turns, since about 159 BC, so I started saving during enemy turns in order to not have to repeat battles (playing them 3-4 times became a little bit repetitive!) - all these problems only started since I installed RS2 last night (in a fresh Rome folder not my EB one) - maybe EB is jealous, hehe!

It happens when I play any game - if I start new ones, the campaign gets fast-forwarded to 14 AD. I'll have a look at the validateInstall.bat.

Edit - on the validateInstall.bat - I run it, but when it tries to bring up the textfile at the end, it can't find it and the page it brings up is blank : /
    Last edited by Harkilaz; 03-12-2011 at 01:20.

Yes, it does affect the game, and it will "cost" you a turn.

You need to run through the "end turn" sequence without saving / reloading, until your next turn starts.
    If you get the date "14 AD", the script has not run properly. Simple solution is to rerun the script.

Cheers for that D'Arthez! I'll try and rerun the script and go back to an earlier save before this mess!

Update - all sorted : )
    Last edited by Harkilaz; 03-12-2011 at 01:01.