Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (Insert Curse Word) Steam

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Default Re: (Insert Curse Word) Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Motep View Post
    so what would the benefits of steam be, even?
    Convenience would be the biggest. It's nice having access to my library of games no matter where I am without having to lug around a book full of CDs. All i need is my steam login and internet, and suddenly: oh hello all my games, how are you today?

It's also very nice not having to waste gas driving to gamestop (which is 20 miles away) to buy a new game when I can get it off steam, at home, and spend an hour or so downloading it. Same amount of time with less money spent for me.

It exposes me to titles I probably would have never heard about otherwise. Not every indie game is blessed with being minecraft and selling a million copies, its good to find the hidden gems and share them with people I know, and vice-versa.

edit: Also as CR said, the holiday sales are amazing. I must have bought 15 games last year for next to nothing.
    Last edited by Monk; 03-31-2011 at 07:39.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Let's not forget that a single scratch on a CD can irreparably damage your ability to reinstall the game at a later point in time. Having an online library means never having to worry about the condition of your games.

In other words there are pluses and minuses to the system. *gasp**shock**Horror* And I play ETW when ever the hells I please on a PC with no internet connection.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

yeah, I think I will stay away from steam. My internet connection is tenuous at best, and I have not yet lost a computer game to damage.

Well, that is a lie. There is the one shooter I snapped in half...
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12