Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Black Ship

Default Re: The Black Ship

Quote Originally Posted by Poulp' View Post
    Playing as Oda, autumn 1559, I control or deny all southern trade nodes since 1551.
    No sail on sight yet, will the Black Ship appear or it is already too late ?
    It will appear eventually, I can't say for sure if it arrives at some precise time, but usually after 1560 in my experience. There is a chance that it's already there but you haven't sighted it.
    I don't think controlling trade nodes does anything to make the black ship appear, but if someone knows something that I don't, please share.
    Homo Sapiens non Urinat in Ventum - the wise man does not piss against the wind.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zarky View Post
    It will appear eventually, I can't say for sure if it arrives at some precise time, but usually after 1560 in my experience. There is a chance that it's already there but you haven't sighted it.
    I don't think controlling trade nodes does anything to make the black ship appear, but if someone knows something that I don't, please share.
    There's also the chance that it's appeared and another faction has claimed it. As I mentioned in this thread, the Yamana had laid claim to it when I tried to take it for myself.

Pincushioned Ashigaru Member Poulp''s Avatar

Autumn 63, the Black Pearl Ship finally appeared.
    After an epic, 4 year-long, Benny Hill like chase up to Sado Island, it is finally mine.

In comparison, playing Shimazu, it appears around 1555. Chosokabe, 1555-57.
    Everytime, I had the pop up, maybe because I always had the southernmost trade node.

On my next campaign, I shall try not to go for the nodes and see if the pop up warns me.

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

I defeated it in battle once. Battle stopped and it said I was the victor. But on the battle map it got to retreat! Later on I saw that it had even less crew. I guess you totally need to kill it in order to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poulp' View Post
    No sail on sight yet, will the Black Ship appear or it is already too late ?
    My qustion is somewhat related: If the black ship is captured or sinks, will there be any more european trade ships coming? I would really like to build nanban trade ports and their ships, but as far as I have figured it out, I can't do this without these stinky barbarians...
    Better dead than a Coward - Gurkha motto

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: The Black Ship

Quote Originally Posted by Liberator View Post
    My qustion is somewhat related: If the black ship is captured or sinks, will there be any more european trade ships coming? I would really like to build nanban trade ports and their ships, but as far as I have figured it out, I can't do this without these stinky barbarians...
    yes, in my Shimazu campaign (Christian mind you) the Ikko Ikki captured the black ship, only to sink it against a Takeda fleet soon afterwards (silly peasant landlubbers!) Several turns later it reappears and I go against it with a couple of Bow ships, a couple of medium Bume, and a couple of sengokou Bume, backed up with 4 nanban trade ships!

I didn't want to take any chances. it surrendered after routing a good portion of the japanese ships whilst being ripped up by my trade ships.

Now I am going to send it around the map to take on the Hojo solo... Those buggers need to lose all their naval capability after they declared war whilst trying to ship a massive invasion force to Kyushu on their fleet (including their veteran Daimyo general) they sleep with the fishes now.
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12