Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Improvement Suggestions for Shogun 2

Default Re: Improvement Suggestions for Shogun 2

classic....the ability to see whos hosting...dont wana waste my time on rabble

Vassals:
    Check their lord's power+prosperity before changing to "unfriendly" or even "hostile". they won't declare war if their military is "weak" compared to their lord "strong" / "mighty" / or above.

Retaken a provinces that was once captured by enemy doesn't count as "territorial expansion".

more realistic daimyo AI for diplomacy relations, such as the influences of one who owns superior military power, prosperity or provinces owned.

AI daimyos priority towards provinces owned by "rebels" especially adjacent to their stronghold/provinces are more aggressive.

Daimyo with superior unit (except Takeda) and their bodyguard are not always cavalry, replaced by their special unit instead. For example: Date daimyo bodyguard are superior nodachi samurai. Shimazu daimyo bodyguard are superior katana samurai.
    Add Cavalry hero.

Current allies and vassals have less Realm Divide effect. Friendly = resistant. Very Friendly = more resistant.

with low loyalty, add random chance of internal struggle when a powerful daimyo is dead especially a daimyo with many sons and generals scattered across provinces. Make player decide to take control one of the divided power.

add more non-generic characters with unique portrait especially real people from the sengoku era (generals, retainers, sisters, wives, brothers, sons, etc). add these characters to the correspondent clan. Also add a "relation system" between non-daimyo characters, such as character-A hates character-B, but likes character-C, etc. this will also affect their loyalty.

add a historical events to be triggered in the correct year if the situation (daimyos provinces, power, relation, etc) is matching. ie, famous battles, incidents, betrayal, etc.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension stilgar's Avatar

What about making modding really available like it was for M2TW/RTW.
    Maybe we can use some system like Paradox used for Darkest Hour or M&B with its new addon... ?

Senior Member Senior Member RedKnight's Avatar

Hi therother, if I can jump in...

If I can have one, and only one, suggestion for all TW games, it is this one:
    • Please have a way of scrolling through active and inactive, armies, provinces, and agents, like in Civilization: An ability to put to sleep or wake up things of interest. (Also include: Wake On Nearby Enemy.)
    I love the TW series, but in every new game TW game, I'm surprised they still haven't picked up on this. It makes it so painless and easy to make sure you quickly move through items you want to remember, and not spend time on ones that are doing fine.

Thanks for the thread!
    RK

Quote Originally Posted by RedKnight View Post
    Hi therother, if I can jump in...

If I can have one, and only one, suggestion for all TW games, it is this one:
    • Please have a way of scrolling through active and inactive, armies, provinces, and agents, like in Civilization: An ability to put to sleep or wake up things of interest. (Also include: Wake On Nearby Enemy.)
    I love the TW series, but in every new game TW game, I'm surprised they still haven't picked up on this. It makes it so painless and easy to make sure you quickly move through items you want to remember, and not spend time on ones that are doing fine.

Thanks for the thread!
    RK
    The agents tab already shows all agents and there is a variety of sorting options (the rightmost selection under the minimap. I think you can sort them according to remaining movement, which would allow an easy "cycle" through the agent list.
    I don't use the other tabs all that much, but there might be other stuff there that you have also missed.
    Total war games played so far:
    STW, MTW, MTW:VI, RTW, MTW2, ETW, STW2

1. Food should be a local provincial limit until a Rice Exchange is built. i.e. no sharing globally between provinces until a Rice x is built.

2. Rice exchanges should streamline food use... Not consume.

3. Surplus rice should be tradable in the diplomacy tab. That is with a higher level Rice X... Utilized just like money for payments, treaties for one time and monthly transfers as well as fealty from Vassals.

4. Roads must be in place for Rice X.

Tactical.

1. Archers/missile troops manning walls should not run out of ammo. Thats why they call it a fortification.

2. Bring the blood back!!!!!
    While you were studying military leadership, I was reading Tom Sawyer.

BLEEEE! Senior Member Daveybaby's Avatar

This is never gonna happen, but: archers need to be drastically reworked.

(1) Give range bonuses for being on higher ground. I'm sure previous TW titles had this.

(2) Range accuracy for indirect fire needs to be drastically reduced - get back to the M2TW model, where flanking an enemy, i.e. shooting across the long axis of a (say, 3 deep) formation, gets you more hits than shooting head on.

(3) *Massively* reduce accuracy for indirect fire against targets that you cant even *see*. Firing from outside a fortress at units in the centre should essentially be pot luck whether you hit anyone or not (unless it's pretty crowded in there). Ditto for units in the center of a fortress firing out - make it *matter* to keep archers at the walls.

Senior Member Senior Member RedKnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rothe View Post
    The agents tab already shows all agents and there is a variety of sorting options (the rightmost selection under the minimap. I think you can sort them according to remaining movement, which would allow an easy "cycle" through the agent list. I don't use the other tabs all that much, but there might be other stuff there that you have also missed.
    Thanks Rothe,

It's not about lists; it's about how easy a Sleep and Wake functionality makes the game. With it, the cycle buttons (on bottom left) don't even visit "sleeping" items, like Metsuke just boosting town income, Trade ships permanently parked at Trade nodes, etc. You would put these items to "sleep", and then the cycle buttons only visit items that need orders. And as you move a unit, it falls off the orders queue until next turn - meaning you quickly move through everything needing orders (not perhaps repeatedly clicking through everybody), until bam: everybody that needs orders has them. Time for next turn!

Then the lists are only needed when you truly want to see everything... not for trying to remember who needs to be moved, etc.

Also known as, I always seem to forget to move 1 agent or 1 navy or whatever, when things get busy, even using the lists. But with a Sleep / Wake system, not only is this almost impossible, you also don't spend any time checking other units that don't need orders.

This is not so bad in TWS2 because it's not as expansive as TW games typically are. But MTW2 needed it badly, and all TW games could use it, imho.

Thanks - RK

One other thing. Remove the quaking camera. I know every budding young dictator likes to think that the very earth trembles beneath the feet of his one unit of Ashigaru. I find it simply irritating and hard to see the action when I zoom in close to see the "Wind of the Cannon ball" scatter bodies to the four winds.
    While you were studying military leadership, I was reading Tom Sawyer.

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

What I don't get is men hit by a freakin' cannonball right in their face, fall to the ground and get up a few seconds later... I mean... yes... Not sure if that's an improvement suggestion it's not really something that annoys me a lot it just seems... wrong
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12