Thread: *SPLOOSH!!* "It's like a refreshing... !"

Default *SPLOOSH!!* "It's like a refreshing... !"

An advertisement without warning randomly begins on any Org page, to my knowledge only with audio, so loud as to burst speakers and certainly overcome any music I might hope to enjoy.

By the sense of it, I would imagine it is targeting young male audiences and probably advertising alcohol or deodorant, but I never listen long enough to find out.

When you are listening quietly to music at midnight and of a sudden this damned thing bursts over the intercom, it ruffles feathers.

Please consider removing it.

Default Re: *SPLOOSH!!* "It's like a refreshing... !"

Targeted advertising Mr Glenn, region specific and mainly controlled by the host who also farms them out. The .org needs these ads to pay the bills, so consider using something like adblock if they are bothering you.

Well that is disappointing Caravel, I thought the Org might have some limited power, but thank you for your suggestion, I will try the employment of an adblock to end this cacophony.

See you in the Hall, brother Caravel.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Well that is disappointing Caravel, I thought the Org might have some limited power, but thank you for your suggestion, I will try the employment of an adblock to end this cacophony.

See you in the Hall, brother Caravel.
    Unavoidable Mr Glenn, the alternative would be auctioning off all the camels, cutting the staff beer budget and selling all the senior members' pr0n stash to pay for this thing and we don't want to do that.

Since it came up, we could do with a camel or two less...
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

You can never have too many camels...

Ok, I think we'd better stop spamming the watchtower now...

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

I can report bad and intrusive adds to the host though. He wants to know which add and what it does. Then he can go to the guy responsible for advertisement. But in the end the decision is theirs.
    Ja mata

TosaInu