Thread: May 9 Patch OUT NOW! Alt F4 fixed! Max 14k funds! Flanking penalties! And More!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Default May 9 Patch OUT NOW! Alt F4 fixed! Max 14k funds! Flanking penalties! And More!

Ok, the new patch is out and while its downloading and installing I have nothing to do but check the release notes. There are a number of substantial changes and some cool stuff in this patch! http://www.totalwar.com/news/5077).

Here's a brief summary of just some of the things the notes claim to have done:
    Alt F4 "fixed" (loss and ranking penalty for droppers)
    14k is now max funds in MM battles!
    Warrior monk units toned down.
    Inspire bonuses greatly reduced.
    Flanking morale penalties increased.
    Avatar customizations now visible in battle.
    Team MM battles no longer always small funds.
    Hold Firm and Scares Enemy fixed.
    Can't clone vets.
    Can't delete heros (and if you deleted them, you now have them back)
    Random ranking point loss fixed.

Unit changes:
    • Increased multiplayer costs of Cannon bune and Nihon Maru to 4000 and 5000
    • Morale for Warrior Monks reduced by 2
    • Naginata Warrior Monks melee attack reduced by 3
    • Bow Cavalry cost reduced to 650
    • Katana Cavalry cost reduced to 800
    • Yari Cavalry cost increased to 850
    • Fire Projecting Mangonels cost increased to 1500
    • Fire Rockets cost increased to 1800
    • European Cannons cost increased to 1500

This one is cool: "New weather gameplay effects added: Fog now causes a range penalty to all missile units, and causes non-commanding units to be hidden at a distance of 600m or more, even if they are out of cover ."

THANK YOU C.A. FOR LISTENING TO OUR CONCERNS AND TAKING ACTION.

Could this patch be a Heroic Victory?
    Last edited by Dionysus9; 05-10-2011 at 19:52.
    Hunter_Bachus

Default Re: May 9 Patch OUT NOW! Alt F4 fixed! Max 14k funds! Flanking penalties! And More!

no..

Default Re: May 9 Patch OUT NOW! Alt F4 fixed! Max 14k funds! Flanking penalties! And More!

YES and more finally theyre adding the kind of maps most of us have been asking for, these maps are tournament quality really great imo. Great changes to matchmaker settings as well.

Great patch! and Great job CA! Credit where its due. :)

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

I agree with Swoosh and Dionysus! Looks really good!

Thanks!

Kalle
    Playing computer strategy games of course, history, got a masters degree, outdoor living and nature, reading, movies wining and dining and much much more.

Blog Entries

I didnt play yesterday, but it looks promising. I gonna judge on it the next days, after I played some.

The good news to me is the nerfing of naginata monks, monks morale in general and the re-adjustment of arty accuracy/price. But the best of all for me is that Avatars are correctly represented by player's customisation. Hooray!

Previously, the game play is generally good and flanking morales penalties doesn't seems to have any problems described by some players here. The battles I have played so far feels right, the fights are long and flank/rear charges can be tide turners... (with the exception of naginata monkey spam of course). Soh sooooh... what's wrong with flank charges now? No idea..

While the patch seems good. I believe it is a little too early to celebrate.

One thing though, now there are new monk units ie; hero monkey, nun~key and monkey cav... how are we to unlock these units? Honestly, why is Onabushi not a playeble unit for MP too???

I did notice some good stuff though, despite the bugged white lotus retainer being removed(weeps...my precious drops). There are now of new retainers with side effects and bonuses available as battle drops now. Koooeeeelll!
    Last edited by East East Wild; 05-10-2011 at 09:49.