Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748
Results 1,411 to 1,433 of 1433

Thread: GOP Nominee

Default Re: GOP Nominee

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJaeger View Post
    You mean like Top Gear and that wonderfully objective exposé posted above? I thought the discussion was about our how awful our news was in comparison. NPR is remarkably similar in its format and reporting to the BBC, although it is a bit less sensationalist.
    You're not still smarting about the time they went to Alabama, are you? Top Gear is just a heavily scripted entertainment show, though in the Alabama case I don't think it was the BBC who shot the "welcome to Alabama" sign...
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

Right now Russia is of greater threat mostly because as PVC said regarding the views of those nations regarding the rest of the world. Also I see China as a paper tiger of sorts with revolution approaching as they create a stronger middle class and drift more towards capitalism.

I attended a lecture about that issue, I don't think the people in China are aiming towards a revolution. But then again, we said the same thing about the Arab world. Who knows?
    This space intentionally left blank.

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Romney managed to get Pravda to endorse Barack Obama by saying what he said, so it was a smart move.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ICantSpellDawg View Post
    Romney managed to get Pravda to endorse Barack Obama by saying what he said, so it was a smart move.
    So Russia is a more clear and present danger than nuclear-armed Pakistan? May I remind you that Pakistan was hosting OBL, supports the Taliban when it suits them, and is in constant danger of falling to various Islamist insurgencies?

Russia is a greater geopolitical threat than Iran, which can spike the price of oil, and thus endanger the Western economies, merely by threatening to shut down the Strait of Hormuz? (Admittedly, it's an empty threat, but the markets are so jumpy and skittish that it doesn't matter.)

In what mental universe should Russia be at the top of our threat list?
    Last edited by Lemur; 03-29-2012 at 15:35.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

The one that still thinks the Cold War is going on, and that Reagan is still President.

Reagan; you know, the guy who would be mostly to the left of Obama, but the Republicans just looooooove.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    In what mental universe should Russia be at the top of our threat list?
    No universe using logic thats for sure.

http://carnegieendowment.org/files/demos_www_calosc.pdf

Apparently this is what the serious people really think of Russia note the title is Modernization or Decline.

Page 9 pretty much tells you Russia is not a real threat and page 21 pretty much confirms it.
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 03-29-2012 at 15:50.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by gaelic cowboy View Post
    No universe using logic thats for sure.
    That fits the U.S. election year universe like a glove.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rvg View Post
    That fits the U.S. election year universe like a glove.
    Every society has it's myths that are rolled out every so often regardless of the situtation.

Every single vote on the EU we ever had here always had one thing tacked on regardless of the treaty "Does this mean a Euro Army if so when/where can I vote NO"

Our myth is that were "Neutral" which is a big joke really, as if we could be really neutral or even allowed to be so.
    Last edited by gaelic cowboy; 03-29-2012 at 16:02.
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Okay, can we finally declare this thing over? Rubio endorses Romney; that's all she wrote, yes?

Okay, can we finally declare this thing over? Rubio endorses Romney; that's all she wrote, yes?
    I'd rather see this drag on for as long as possible.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Wahoo! Paul Ryan has leaked that he has endorsed Romney, also(even though he can't).

Rubio, H.W.B., J.B., and now Ryan? That's a winning week. The primary is already a distant afterthought, isn't it? Romney leading in Wisconsin (thanks for all of your help there, Lemur ;-)), Romney tied in PA and a bunch of northeastern states coming up. Hopefully it won't be long now.
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 03-30-2012 at 05:58.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member thankful for this post:

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ICantSpellDawg View Post
    Wahoo! Paul Ryan has leaked that he has endorsed Romney, also(even though he can't).

Rubio, H.W.B., J.B., and now Ryan? That's a winning week. The primary is already a distant afterthought, isn't it? Romney leading in Wisconsin (thanks for all of your help there, Lemur ;-)), Romney tied in PA and a bunch of northeastern states coming up. Hopefully it won't be long now.
    To be fair, winning the establishment was never going to be the hard part for him.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Oh Santorum...
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    Oh Santorum...
    I don't hear it, sorry. To me it sounds like he has a stumbly moment, nothing more. You could just as easily read him calling Obama an "Inca" from the sound.

-edit-

Okay, listening more closely, he stumbles and says "nig," then moves on. Nothing too terribly exciting.
    Last edited by Lemur; 03-30-2012 at 13:43.

Okay, listening more closely, he stumbles and says "nig," then moves on. Nothing too terrible exciting.
    But what else could he possibly have been saying?

Heck, he might have just been having a fumble-mouth moment. I would need much stronger evidence than this to believe a guy who survived this long in a presidential primary could say something so self-destructively stupid.

Santorum is extreme, yes, but he's not that sort of extreme. He's more Jimmy Swaggart than Stormfront.

Heck, he might have just been having a fumble-mouth moment. I would need much stronger evidence than this to believe a guy who survived this long in a presidential primary could say something so self-destructively stupid.
    Even Santorum? But truth be told I'm with you on this one. I just find little things like this amusing. If anything the thing that I found most amusing about it was that when he fumbled on "nig" he happened to stumble onto the uncertain "err"... an unfortunate choice of pauses.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Rick Santorum doesn't care about black people
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

But what else could he possibly have been saying?
    Even Santorum? But truth be told I'm with you on this one. I just find little things like this amusing.
    Change your mind, lol?

I go away for 3 days and people take my role of blowing up inane slip ups of GOP candidates. Sigh....It's like you guys don't even need me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    Change your mind, lol?
    No I just like winding people up.

All US Presidential discussion should now be posted in this thread.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748