Thread: need help with CTD´s in connection with runtime error..

Default need help with CTD´s in connection with runtime error..

after quite a long time now playin almost without CTD´s thanks to potatodudes technique: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...Solution-Found! ) - i guess i have now a bigger problem.

my EB installation is of course with the 1.2 fixes - and ran immaculate for about a year or so. Campaign is hard on strategy and very hard on battles.
    here is the link to my latest save
    http://ul.to/pfp6f8lu
    (all settlements already checked regarding rebellion - and population minimized ...also something wich was not necessary since i use above mentioned technique) .. but did it now because every time i turn to next round - i get a CTD or the picture just freezes and after pressing "Esc" - CTD. ...and new for me: in some attempts there comes a "Runtime Error" message. then the path and then: R6025 - pure virtual function call.

i tried several times to get over this crucial season "Autumn224BC" (i.e. started from spring or summer 224BC) .. first i only encountered CTD´s after next season ..and thereafter with loading a quicksave: after, or while activating the background script. (one time there was also the first time this "runtime error" message - but clicked it away to quickly then. (now i noted the message)

it seems to me that that something weird was goin on in middle east: before i made a new endsave for the summer224BC (like the one in the link) there all of a sudden the AS captured Damaskos (before belonging to PTO) without besieging them!??
    ..in fact they besieged me, the KH in Palmyra - two troops, and after ending the season - i lost Palmyra of course - one of the troops al of a sudden appeard inside the walls of Damaskos - but no battle took place with the Ptolemaioi. ..and right after that: CTD.
    so i tried to make an unrealistic victory (with auto_win) to ty those troops ..keepin them from capturing Damaskos in a sorcerous way. ..but did not helped also. after that came this "freeze" in the next season Aut224BC - i pressed Esc and: CTD. ..the last time i did it the runtime error message appeared.

..i attach here also a save without this unrealistic victory in palmyra: http://ul.to/wjzb64q1
    and just in case - a save from the beginning Summer224BC - without rebellions checked: http://ul.to/jqcrpsys

..and yes - the troubles started yesterday after a strange disfunction in the midst of battle: ..it was i guess spring or beginning of Summer 224BC - assaulted "Mtskheta" a HAY settlement and al of a sudden the camera was moving around.. i changed to strategic map and there the cursor moved all the time to the eastern edge. ...dont know if this has something to do with the CTDs thereafter.. then i just started the game new and the cursor or the cam in battle behaved again properly.

i tried so often now - but this time i really need help with that - dont know how to come over this year 224BC in that campaign.

thanks,
    Kleitos

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: need help with CTD´s in connection with runtime error..

Hi Kleitos,

thanks for this detailed report!
    I will check your game in the next days, latest on the weekend!

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

hi XSamatan,

thanks for the quick reply ..just searched a little around here for maybe other Runtime Error troubles..

yes i am curious for your opinion of that. also: i checked my computer for virus - but everything is ok.

thanks,
    kleitos

Well, uploaded.to suck really, 1 download every 60 minutes? hah!

btt:
    I loaded the first linked game (KoiSuCheck_224.sav) and got exact the same results as you described. I can go along for some seasons but as soon as I load a game it crashes.
    However, if you save that game, restart EB and load it up again it works. Now I can load and save like in a normal game.
    Here is the link to a save three turns after yours, could you try that?
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9409109/Quicksave.sav

If this did not help and/or you get crashes again please post again, so I can check the other saves as well.

XSamatan

thanks very much for your effort XSamatan! - 60minutes?? for these 3MB´s ? it was uploaded in about 30sec´s... if this dropbox.com is a same easy way to upload something and faster to download (from your side) i can use that if you like ..the next time :-)

the save you provide there: i loaded it down and tried it - but everytime ik try follows a CTD. ..just the loading screen - and then crash. ..cannot move on from this save.

from these last savings i didnt come further - all lead to these Crashes. ..the "runtime error message" - only shows up sometimes though.

since it is a quite interesting campaign development (using my benefited allies to a great extent as buffer zones) i will try sometime to start from some seasons or a year or two before that.

[.the troublemaker i think is this AS army around Palmyra (or at least it indicates some strange problem there) which in the uploaded save you used already was beaten. ..but in other saves this army magically captured PTO´s Damaskos - without besieging them.]

..except you have maybe another idea.
    after these CTD´s i started my first HAY campaign now. ..but i will try to get this KH campaign rolling from some seasons/years before.

..found some threads with runtime error - seems to be a more complicated problem.

thanks,

Kleitos

Well, not the download time, you only can download a file once every 60 minutes...

See if you can revert to an earlier date, maybe moving the army to an island can help too:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...haracter-in-EB

btw:Odd that you can't load the game.

XSamatan

ok - didnt know that.

right now with new job i will not have so much time to play. ..but of course - yes i´ll try this in some time.

..well yea no chance to load it.

thanks,

Kleitos