Thread: Save game crash

Default Save game crash

Well I just installed windows 7 and tried to continue a really old campaign of EB that I had in win XP. All worked fine until I exited and later on when tried to reload the last savegame it crashed in the IA turn. I tried with the older savegames from the previous win XP installation and they worked.

I guess the problem is that I didn't reinstall the whole game, you know, I just did a back up and copied to the new HD all the files of the old install, so the new saves done in win 7 became corrupted, may be some conflict with the routes and so. As far I am seeing it is not possible with RTW to do this "fast" reinstalls but it happens in other games, I am used to do so with USB HDs and so.

I expect to be adviced about a new whole conventional reinstall, but in that case anyway I would like to recover these new savegams, is it out there any possiblility?. May be some edition in the file.

Grettings.
    "This war between the Romans and Celtiberians is called the fiery War, for while wars in Greece or Asia are settled with one or two pitched battles, the battles there dragged on, only brought to a temporary end by the darkness of the night. Both sides refused to let their courage flag or their bodies tire". Polybius.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Save game crash

If you still have untouched savegames you are on the safe side of life.

Normally it works by just moving a RTW+EB installation to a new place/OS, crashes ingame are a complete other thing and can be solved.

Check the section in the frequent encountered issues about CTDs and how to solve them.
    Just keep a backup of your saves before changing anything!

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Thank you I will try those solutions, but well I have the impression that it is something messed up with the new savegames. Still good to know that there aren't problems by just moving the files and so.

I will try also going back with the older saves and see if it happens again, since I have 2 savegames from today and both happens exactly the same: crash in the IA turn just after reload the save, it is strange since they are in different stages of the game, about 3 turns of diference. I have to clear that when I closed the game, had to do a forced console closing, since when I alt+tab it was bugged and can't get in the game again, later when tried to continue with last saves happened that, so may be it can be related to a bad close of the game, dunno.

Grettings.
    Last edited by Berg-i-dum; 05-24-2011 at 10:33.
    "This war between the Romans and Celtiberians is called the fiery War, for while wars in Greece or Asia are settled with one or two pitched battles, the battles there dragged on, only brought to a temporary end by the darkness of the night. Both sides refused to let their courage flag or their bodies tire". Polybius.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Try that ingame, if you require further assistance post back here!

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions