Thread: Latest update 26th May crash after load?

Default Latest update 26th May crash after load?

Hey guys,

Just installed the latest update (not the multi gb one, the small one today) and now I get the Shogun splash screen and then it says 'Shogun 2 has stopped working). Tried about 5 times now and still the same. I have 'verified my game cache' via steam it it says it's fine. Anyone else having trouble?

Specs (all stock):

i7 950
    ASUS P6X58D-E Mobo
    Nvidia GTX480
    ASUS Xonar D2X

Any suggestions most welcome!

BLEEEE! Senior Member Daveybaby's Avatar

Default Re: Latest update 26th May crash after load?

Working ok here so it's not a global problem.

Vista
    intel Core2 quad
    ATI graphics

Senior Member Senior Member Forward Observer's Avatar

Here is a response to the issue with a later update from CA. At first they thought it only had to do with the DLC, but It appears that today's update/patch has some issues with the multi-player Avatar code system. People like myself who have not even used that aspect of the game do not seem to be having problems.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...I-Crash-Update.

They indicate that they are working on it.
    Last edited by Forward Observer; 05-27-2011 at 01:33.
    Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

I'm experiencing the same thing. Just the Shogun logo and then a crash, but if CA is working on it then ill await there fix gladly.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Happening to me

Win 7
    Gigabyte 880GM Mother board
    AMD Phenom 6 core,
    8GB 1333 RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

The revenge of the Ikki, just because it was one of my first achievements in wiping them out. :)
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

OK well after latest update game now loads but my SP campaign doesn't work - as soon as I attack an army or click end turn it just zooms into a unit on the map and I can't do any commands/builds/order etc. Is this normal after an update? Anyone else having a similar problem?

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

I'm afraid I'm not having any problems. There's a few fixes in the thread linked to above.

This one seemed to work for a few people:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    THIS BELOW IS IMPORTANT FOR ALL Y'ALL BROTHAS WITH A PROBLEM

I checked integrity and defragged again, took like 3 minutes to load but the cursor changed to the Shogun one and it worked. You know why the game works now? It works because I went through Creative Assembly's website to the Sega support page regarding Total War Shogun 2 and followed their advice. Delete preferences.script in the following directory:

C:\Users\Administrator*\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts

*Or whatever username you have.

For extra precautions I deleted every single file in each folder in that Shogun2 folder including my saves so the new download would have no record of me having played the game before. That might be an extreme but consider it if the above doesn't work. Note I did not delete the folders, only the files contained therein.

I can tell you from experience, in order to find that archive you'll first need to enable hidden folders. Give it a try, see if it helps you.

If that doesnt work, you should post in CA's official tech support forum: http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisp...-Support-Forum