Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad closed beta

Default Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad closed beta

There already was a thread about this game, but as it was an anouncement in 2009 I thought let's make a new thread.

As most know this game WILL become awesome.

It seems closed Betas are distributed. (for more info click here.)

I would like to know how many people here are going to get this game. Since this game is quite hard for beginners and really needs teamwork to make it fun (hard to find people who are willing to work together).

Also there's this mod called Rising Storm which is based on the Pacific campaign of 1941-45 (Japanese and Americans), which can be interesting. Also for more info click here.
    Last edited by Crazed Rabbit; 05-28-2011 at 23:57.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad closed beta

Thanks for the update! I am looking forward to this.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

I am currently waiting for this to come out, definitely on my to-buy list. Played over 100 hours of RO and going on 500 hours of Darkest Hour.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Undercover Lurker Member Mailman653's Avatar

I used to have RO and the mod DH. There was also another mod, took place in the desert with the English, but I don't think it was as popular as DH, the times I logged in, I hardly saw any servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman653 View Post
    I used to have RO and the mod DH. There was also another mod, took place in the desert with the English, but I don't think it was as popular as DH, the times I logged in, I hardly saw any servers.
    Same goes for me.

I never played the first one more than 5 hours. Mainly because of the lack of players and the game being very ugly. I would really like to find a community/clan to play RO2 with; which in my opinion really makes it fun.

The mod which took place in the desert was Mare Nostrum.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I honestly cannot wait for RO2, I loved Red Orchestra, I can't wait for this to come out.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Highly unlikely but I wish they included Romanians and Italians in this game; they were there too.

I've logged an obscene amount of hours on RO/DH. The game was a perfect fit for me in terms of my favorite historical period of interest (WW2, Eastern Front) and my preferred focus in gaming (realism). IMO, even after all these years, it is by far the best FPS out there. It has literally ruined the COD, Battlefield, and MOH series for me. I cannot play them now without thinking "man this sucks compared to RO and now DH".

That being said, I am super excited and also super nervous about RO:HOS. Tripwire seems to be positioning the game as the anti-COD (which is GOOD), but seem to have included some of the same elements that make COD such a lame experience (recon planes, implausible small arms). It is all about the game play, though, and I trust that Tripwire will deliver an unmatched experience. Their new game play modes sound awesome!

Shellshocker: Why RO2 Will Beat COD: Black Ops

Red Orchestra 2 is built on novel ideas, fueled by the independent spirit Gibson has instilled into his company (Tripwire released Killing Floor in 2009 and published The Ball in October) and the frame-of-mind that shooters should take advantage of what the PC platform can do, not simply be a higher-resolution, easier-to-control version of what’s available on consoles.

“PC shooter fans have come to expect less than we have in the past,” says Gibson. “It’s kind of sad—there’re either no mod tools or all these strange restrictions. So, in a way, players have higher expectations for polish, but lower expectations for feature sets. They aren’t bad games—they’re not. All these games that are being developed right now are great achievements for a console, but they’re not pushing what’s possible on the PC.”
    Last edited by PanzerJaeger; 06-07-2011 at 09:17.

Senior Member Senior Member Graphic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Clown View Post
    Same goes for me.

I never played the first one more than 5 hours. Mainly because of the lack of players and the game being very ugly. I would really like to find a community/clan to play RO2 with; which in my opinion really makes it fun.

The mod which took place in the desert was Mare Nostrum.
    RO only looks ugly in supuer-huge tank maps and poorly made custom maps (i.e. 99% of custom maps). I still think the game looks fairly decent on detailed urban maps and the smaller open ones.

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad – coming to you via Steam and other digital distribution sites, plus stores across the world, 30th August 2011. MSRP $39.99 forthe USA, with prices for other territories set to appropriate pricing for those territories.

You waited this long – now you know how much longer there is left to wait!

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad – coming to you via Steam and other digital distribution sites, plus stores across the world, 30th August 2011. MSRP $39.99 forthe USA, with prices for other territories set to appropriate pricing for those territories.

You waited this long – now you know how much longer there is left to wait!
    YES!! Onward to rewrite history!!

Screenies of the game and the mod: Rising Storm

Here ya go

Screenies of the game and the mod: Rising Storm

Here ya go
    Wow, never heard of a mod that was being developed for a game that hasn't even been released. Looks cool though, RO in the Pacific sounds like a great idea. I wonder if Japanese officers get swords!

I'm still not entirely comfortable with the addition of the MKb 42, but I have to give them credit for doing their homework on the bayonet lug and optics.

Last edited by PanzerJaeger; 07-05-2011 at 18:43.

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerJaeger View Post
    I'm still not entirely comfortable with the addition of the MKb 42, but I have to give them credit for doing their homework on the bayonet lug and optics.

Since this is a Total War forum, the real question is: does his Model 28 mk3 Zachzeitschlager trench coat have the correct number of buttons?

Specs:

Minimum:
    Processor: Dual Core 2.3 GHz or better
    RAM: 2 GB
    Graphics card: 256 MB SM 3.0 DX9 Compliant NVIDIA® GeForce 7800 GTX or better ATI® Radeon® HD 2900 GT or better
    Sound: Windows Supported Sound Card
    DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
    Hard Drive: 8 GB free hard drive space

Recommended:
    Processor: Quad Core 2.6 GHz or better
    RAM: 3 GB
    Graphics card: 512 MB SM 3.0 DX9 Compliant NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 260 or better ATI® Radeon® HD 5750 or better
    Sound: Sound Blaster Audigy or better
    DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
    Hard Drive: 8 GB free hard drive space

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is now available for pre-purchase on Steam at a 10% discount. For those that want something extra we are also excited to announce the Steam Digital Deluxe Edition of Red Orchestra 2 which will include weapon unlocks for RO2, special in-game items for Team Fortress 2, playable characters for Killing Floor and more. Finally, to reward all those Red Orchestra fans that have supported us for all of these years we're giving special bonuses to all of the owners of the original Red Orchestra including exclusive in-game content and 20% off the pre-purchase. Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad will be available on August 30th, 2011, so go here (Steam Store Page) to pre-purchase now. Read on for the details on the pre-purchase and the Steam Digital Deluxe Edition.

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Steam Digital Deluxe Edition

*Day 1 Unlock of the Elite Assault Weapons (MKb 42(H) and AVT-40)
    *Day 1 Unlock of the Semi Auto Sniper Weapons (SVT-40 and G 41(W))
    *2 playable characters for Killing Floor - WW2 Russian and German Soldier re-enactors unlocked in KF the moment you purchase
    *Team Fortress 2 items - RO2 German helmet and Russian "Pilotka" hat ("vintage" if bought during pre-purchase)
    *Access to the final phase of the closed beta

Pre-purchase Discount: 10% off both versions (20% off if you own the original Red Orchestra)
    Bonuses for owners of Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45:

*An extra 10% discount during pre-purchase for a total of 20% off
    *Unlock the Kar98 and Mosin rifle bayonets on day 1
    *Special in-game item - show everyone your loyalty to Red Orchestra with the exclusive Russian Guards Badge/German Close Combat Badge

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------From the Steamgroup. For more information visit the Steam Store page of Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad. (here)
    Last edited by Drunk Clown; 08-02-2011 at 23:56.

Done.

I'm thinking of either to do it over Steam or to do it retail. Perhaps there's a box copy as well?

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

There should be one. After all, they got box cover art :P

Check the site of Tripwire. (You can find a link on the steam page, which I've posted earlier)
    Last edited by Drunk Clown; 08-03-2011 at 01:04.

Not sure if I should have, but I just pre-ordered the deluxe edition. Ive got a feeling this can end really badly for me if I dont get some money into my bank soon.
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Member Member Alexander the Pretty Good's Avatar

Pre-ordered the delux version. TF2 hats here I come lol.

(That loyalty bonus is what really sealed the deal though. Everyone should do this.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander the Pretty Good View Post
    Pre-ordered the delux version. TF2 hats here I come lol.

(That loyalty bonus is what really sealed the deal though. Everyone should do this.)
    Cant wait to show off ma shiny new german medal as i blast through noobs with that thar assault gun majigger.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Pre-ordered. Sitting on my hard-drive waiting for release. xD
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Digital Deluxe edition waiting for my purchase next week. Cannot wait, rubbing my hands.

Proud

Been to:

Red Orchestra 2 Release delayed to September 13th.

I want to pre-purchase badly but I can't bring myself to. I fall in the same place within the system requirements in this that I do in Bad Company 2, which is bad news since BC2 runs like garbage. I'm above minimum on CPU and recommended on everything else, which sounds fine on paper but system reqs don't tell you if its CPU or GPU heavy. In Bad Company 2's case, not having a quad core basically amounts to a slide show, no matter what GPU you have because its bottlenecked.

I'm pretty annoyed that there's not going to be a demo for this for me to check it out. I'll just have to ask people with similar processors how the beta runs, and try and convince my stingy friend who bought the DDE to let me try the beta for 5 minutes just to get a performance check.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...chestra/719542

Time to kill the fascist invaders.
    Last edited by Graphic; 08-23-2011 at 15:36.

pardon my klatchian Member al Roumi's Avatar

bosh. preordered.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast