Thread: Don`t know what to do anymore

Angry Don`t know what to do anymore

Greetings from a History student...

This is my first post as you can see, and I would really like some help. I have been lurking this forum for 3 years now (not every day though) and I quite like it, but I never thought of joining until now. I am really in need of some help, my brain will explode.

The problem starts after I installed RTW. First of all I have done thins a million times (installing EB) but I don`t know whats wrong this time. I installed RTW, downloaded 1,3 and 1,5 patch, then downloaded EB 1,1 and 1,2.

I did nothing out of ordinary with my installation. I put EB 1,1 in the folder where RTW is, then installed EB 1,2. After I have done this I double-clicked on EB Single Player and all I got was one nano-second of red RTW loading screen (some hoplite I believe) and then CTD. It happens no matter what I do.

I did the same procedure five times (yes I unistalled everything and then installed it again) but to no avail. Please help me guys, I read numerous threads in this sub-forum looking for an answer but nothing helps. I even read about possible Win7 troubleshooting- but I don`t think thats the problem

Did I do something wrong or what? Please help me.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Don`t know what to do anymore

Does Vanilla RTW load fine?

How do you start EB, with a shortcut (EB-Play) or with the Trivial Script (EB-Singleplayer)?
    If the first is right, change the target line of that shortcut to :-mod:eb -show_err -ne

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

What I realized after numerous installations is RTW seems to crash after patches 1,3 and 1,5. I entered the game before I installed those patches and it worked perfectly fine. After I installed them and it stopped working. Installing EB after that obviously didn`t help.

I really have no idea, this is the first time it happened.

I start with EB- Singleplayer. Also let`s say the problem is in EB- single player shortcut target; I go properties and then change Target to:

"D:\Games\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\EBTrivialScript\EBTrivialScript.exe" --mod:eb -show_err -ne

Is that good or?

EDIT: thanks for your quick reply.

Sorry for double post:

This guy seems to have the same (or similar) problem as me, but I did install the game correctly.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...76-Startup-CTD

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

If you have a relative new disk of RTW it is already patched to 1.5, maybe this can be the problem (although IIRC the installers of the patches check if they are needed).

@shortcut
    Don't change the target line of EB-Singleplayer.
    Create a new shortcut to Rome-TW.exe and open the settings. Add to the end of the target line -mod:eb -show_err -ne
    Try that shortcut.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions