Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC Thread

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: OOC Thread

Zim - There are ways to play RTW that doesn't require disk(such as getting a new RTW from GamersGate or from another site like that since these don't need disk to play). However, I'm sad to hear that you are out.

If no one wants Euergetes then I will kill him off blaming that mysterious illness.
    However, if one of the current players decide to take him then his old avatar will be killed off.
    Also, if someone takes heir then he should remember that he can't transfer his personal funds from an old avatar to Euergetes. He can leave his fortune to another player who then could gift it back when the player have assumed the role of Euergetes.
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 06-28-2011 at 08:04.

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Perhaps a post in the thread in the EB forum that the faction heir is available might find a new player?

Blog Entries

Good idea!

Cool Re: OOC Thread

If we do not find someone soon for Euergetes, I wouldn't simply kill off the character. I think we should rather go along with that illness story. After all, he was "historically" the third Ptolemaic ruler. We'll eventually get someone to play him. In the meantime, we could reassign his Royal Army/split it/etc. through edicts/laws in Council. The eventual player would have to deal with that situation when he comes in. The character is young enough to endure till then.
    The supreme, the merciless, the destroyer of opposition, the exalted King, the shepherd, the protector of the quarters of the world, the King the word of whose mouth destroys mountains and seas, who by his lordly attack has forced mighty and merciless Kings from the rising of the sun to the setting of the same to acknowledge one supremacy.
    -Ashurnasirpal II

Org Games
    Kings of the Nile - Chancellor Meleagros Ptolemaios, Nomarch of Upper Egypt
    Clash of Gods - Kingdom of Castilla y Leon
    Wrath of the Khan II - Kingdom of France

I will play Euergetes, though I assume it will be pretty awkward for you to sort out all the finances + private units.

I will however, sacrifice my most loved Bothos to keep a much better game going.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Don't tell anyone that I'm looking forward to a big army. Mwahahahahahaha
    PBeM's

Kings of the Nile: Kleronomos Basileios Euergetes Ptolemaios

Or that could work
    The supreme, the merciless, the destroyer of opposition, the exalted King, the shepherd, the protector of the quarters of the world, the King the word of whose mouth destroys mountains and seas, who by his lordly attack has forced mighty and merciless Kings from the rising of the sun to the setting of the same to acknowledge one supremacy.
    -Ashurnasirpal II

Org Games

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCordis View Post
    I will play Euergetes, though I assume it will be pretty awkward for you to sort out all the finances + private units.

I will however, sacrifice my most loved Bothos to keep a much better game going.

Don't tell anyone that I'm looking forward to a big army. Mwahahahahahaha
    You can still write Bothos' Will and leave everything you belong to another player(who then could give it back to you but do not have to).

I assume you will kill off Bothos then?

And also if I give you Bothos' possessions will you donate them all to Euergetes?
    PBeM's

As this is really just an OOC change of characters, shouldn't we just eliminate all of Bothos' possessions? Otherwise, Euergetes ends up with twice as much money as anyone else. So early in the game, this seems unbalancing.
    -Ashurnasirpal II

Org Games

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCordis View Post
    I assume you will kill off Bothos then?

And also if I give you Bothos' possessions will you donate them all to Euergetes?
    Yes, I will then kill off Bothos. Perhaps you have some ideas how you want him to die? Send a PM if you do. You know, this is a good story material.

If you post his will in a public(IC) thread and leave everything to Zoarchos then yes, I will give it back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashurnasirpal II View Post
    As this is really just an OOC change of characters, shouldn't we just eliminate all of Bothos' possessions? Otherwise, Euergetes ends up with twice as much money as anyone else. So early in the game, this seems unbalancing.
    Euergetes doesn't have any possessions, just 2326 mnai. It would be unfair not to let him have Bothos' possessions.

I only want to give him the money and estate, which I would have had if I'd played the heir all along.

I want Bothos to die in a womanising related accident. The best kind.
    PBeM's

Either way is unbalanced, either he gets more money than everyone else, or loses out as Eurgetes hadn't invested in anything. Just switching Bothos' estates/money/units over to Eurgetes and deleting Eurgetes funds is the only way that's fair on everybody really. To be honest I'm not bothered if he gets it all though.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Either way is unbalanced, either he gets more money than everyone else, or loses out as Eurgetes hadn't invested in anything. Just switching Bothos' estates/money/units over to Eurgetes and deleting Eurgetes funds is the only way that's fair on everybody really. To be honest I'm not bothered if he gets it all though.
    Well yeah. What he said
    -Ashurnasirpal II

Org Games

OK, that's good for me. To make it a little fairer on everyone else the private units will be disbanded.

So the way I see it: Bothos' money/estate (+ supervisors) will be added to Eurgetes, whilst all of Eurgetes money will be deleted.

I hope that's quite fair and people will agree that an active Kleronomous Basileus is better than an RGB. :]
    PBeM's

I don't think you need to disband the private units, they were paid for in good faith, so I've no problem with them going to Eurgetes. I guess we should wait for I-K's thoughts though.

Blog Entries

Well, if we add Bothos' and Euergetes' money together we would get 6378 mnai. 6 players have more mnai than that. So, I don't think that it is that unbalanced.

I don't think you need to disband the private units, they were paid for in good faith, so I've no problem with them going to Eurgetes. I guess we should wait for I-K's thoughts though.
    It's up to LeoCordis whether he disbands them or not.
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 06-26-2011 at 20:31.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Just to point it out, if he keeps Bothos money and adds that to Eurgete's money there'd still be 6 players who would have more money than him.

Edit: Awww, Ibn beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    Well, if we add Bothos' and Euergetes' money together we would get 6378 mnai. 6 players have more mnai than that. So, I don't think that it is that unbalanced.

I guess if the private units are disbanded that would be fine.

Right, keep the money and disband the units. Hopefully everyone is fine with that.

Finally on a rule note, am I allowed to move the ships with the Heir's Royal Army on towards Tarsos, or must the Chancellor do that?
    PBeM's

I would say that you can do that.

Actually, as long as he hauls ass to Tarsos with that army, I'll be happy! It's been sitting there since the beginning eating up any scraps I could have used to upgrade this dirt poor kingom!

And the edict allows you to move the ships to get to Tarsos! After that, they're mine! MIIIIIIINE!!!!
    Last edited by Ashurnasirpal II; 06-26-2011 at 20:38. Reason: tea and biscuits
    -Ashurnasirpal II

Org Games

It might be a good idea to move the triereis with the transport fleet Leo, I think the Seleukid fleet was sunk but it might be hiding somewhere. It would be an inglorious end to your short heirdom to be drowned...

Right, well my army can't even reach the ships yet. I'll try and haul ass to Tarsos and take it by the next council term. :]
    PBeM's

-Ashurnasirpal II

Org Games

Blog Entries

Huh.. something is really really wrong with the table system of this board.. Was trying to fix some small changes in the Library and basically the whole table went crazy..

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    # Avatar Rank(s) Player Inf Act
    1. Philadelphos Ptolemaios Basileus The Celtic Viking 5 1
    2. Euergetes Ptolemaios Kleronomos Basileios LeoCordis 2 1
    3. Meleagros Ptolemaios Nomarch, Chancellor Ashurnasirpal II 2 1
    4. Leontiskos Thraikikos Strategos, Com. of 1st Syrian johnhughthom 1 1
    5. Alexandros Thraikikos Strategos Myth 1 1
    6. Timon Arrhidaeos Strategos Folgore 1 1
    7. Zoarchos Helios Strategos, Royal Treasurer Ibn-Khaldun 1 1
    8. Satyrion Limyraios Strategos GenosseGeneral 1 1
    9. Ankhwennefer Philometor Strategos Visorslash 1 1
    10. Isigonos Kleopatrites Strategos strategos roma 1 1
    11. Kydrogenes Epiphanes Strategos Skullheadhq 1 1
    Last Updated: 27/06/2011

Inf - Influence during normal Council Sessions.
    Act - Activity.
    If you remove ="class: outer_border", it looks normal.

OOD: Rules are slightly contradictary regarding this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun
    Strategoi can attack Eleutheroi settlements with their Private units(and only with them) even if war has not been declared against that settlement.
    That's the catch: if you want to attack eleutheroi settlements with your private units, there's nothing I can do to stop you. It's your right. You just need my permission to enter their territory first.

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    That's the catch: if you want to attack eleutheroi settlements with your private units, there's nothing I can do to stop you. It's your right. You just need my permission to enter their territory first.
    As much as I'd like to agree and it could make sense IC, as for the rules, in the way they are written now, this is incorrect. Maybe Ibn-Khaldun could re-write them but this would seem unfair at this point in the game. There is no special mention that Eleutheroi are neutral all-over in the rules. So, going by the rules, anyone can move their avatar into Eleutheroi territory.

This could of course be remedied with a proper edict, or, say an OOC vote to change the rules? Or maybe just consensus, as I'd agree, RP-wise, it would make sense.

Another loophole seems to be that, the Chancellor, controlling the diplomats, could theoretically make peace with anyone without consulting the council or Basileos.

For anyone who'd think that such control by the Basileos would be too harsh, let's just remember that this game isn't really made to encourage loyalty and togetherness

Also, I've started a little story on Meleagros' past which I will try to have catch up to current events. Trying to flesh out the character and to perhaps create some motivations for interaction beyond the rules
    Last edited by Ashurnasirpal II; 06-28-2011 at 05:41. Reason: tea and biscuits
    -Ashurnasirpal II

Org Games

Blog Entries

As much as I'd like to agree and it could make sense IC, as for the rules, in the way they are written now, this is incorrect. Maybe Ibn-Khaldun could re-write them but this would seem unfair at this point in the game. There is no special mention that Eleutheroi are neutral all-over in the rules. So, going by the rules, anyone can move their avatar into Eleutheroi territory.

This could of course be remedied with a proper edict, or, say an OOC vote to change the rules? Or maybe just consensus, as I'd agree, RP-wise, it would make sense.
    You can always pass a Law that is much more powerful than Edict. However, we can always change that rule during the next Council session.

Another loophole seems to be that, the Chancellor, controlling the diplomats, could theoretically make peace with anyone without consulting the council or Basileos.

For anyone who'd think that such control by the Basileos would be too harsh, let's just remember that this game isn't really made to encourage loyalty and togetherness

Also, I've started a little story on Meleagros' past which I will try to have catch up to current events. Trying to flesh out the character and to perhaps create some motivations for interaction beyond the rules
    Well, if you sign a peace with the Seleucids and give them several provinces in process then I doubt that it encourages tegetherness.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast