Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: OOC Thread

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: OOC Thread

So, Ash gave the save to Leo who PM'd it to Ash again who then PM'd it to TCV? And TCV haven't PM'd it back to Ash?

I have it now. Got it back from LeoCordis. I don't know what happened, but it'll be up shortly.
    The supreme, the merciless, the destroyer of opposition, the exalted King, the shepherd, the protector of the quarters of the world, the King the word of whose mouth destroys mountains and seas, who by his lordly attack has forced mighty and merciless Kings from the rising of the sun to the setting of the same to acknowledge one supremacy.
    -Ashurnasirpal II

Org Games
    Kings of the Nile - Chancellor Meleagros Ptolemaios, Nomarch of Upper Egypt
    Clash of Gods - Kingdom of Castilla y Leon
    Wrath of the Khan II - Kingdom of France

Yep.

It went from Ash to me, to TCV, to me and then I must of screwed up giving it back to Ash.

Also I'm going away from today to Friday evening (GMT). Hopefully it won't effect stuff too much.
    PBeM's

Kings of the Nile: Kleronomos Basileios Euergetes Ptolemaios

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCordis View Post
    Yep.

It went from Ash to me, to TCV, to me and then I must of screwed up giving it back to Ash.

Also I'm going away from today to Friday evening (GMT). Hopefully it won't effect stuff too much.
    I hope you get back before the Council Session ends.

Blog Entries

I apologize but I can't calculate the private incomes now. I hope Ash doesn't mind extending this turn as long as I come back from work tomorrow(that would be 16 hours from now).

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

When you do that, can you also move my two units of cav back into Alexandreia and que the retraining after TCVs unit gets trained?
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Blog Entries

of course

Hello, I came across this, it looks pretty interesting.

I would join, but I am not quite clear on the situations of the campaign, or how to really play this.

Additionally, what are the rules for hiring mercenaries as your character/(sub-faction?)'s retinue? Is it allowed?
    I have read the FAQ. Good, it is!
    Last edited by Paul D; 07-07-2011 at 05:01.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Well, you can download the save and just look at it all you want, even if you're not playing yet. Short version: Seleukids have been beaten back to where Antiocheia is under siege by yours truly. Another Council meeting is imminent to decide the future.

As to how you play this, someone will sponsor you, meaning that they will pay for the recruitment of your avatar, i.e. the general that you will be playing as. This means that you will be his client and he your patron until you can pay him the cost of raising your avatar. (See the rules for explanation of the patronage system.) When you have your avatar, you can download the save, move him about, and then make a new save that you upload once you're done with it. There's an (*coughs*) excellent explanation of this in the FAQ already.

As for mercenaries, as long as your private funds are large enough, you can always hire mercenaries.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I'd only about half-read the FAQ when I made that post.

Also, how centralized are things? How Involved do I have to be in the state of affairs of the kingdom as a whole? Will I need to provide feudalism-style levies or bands of armed men for the kingdom at times?

What is the starting private bank for establishing trade ships or estates?

Another set of questions:

1.Can we send our character out on mercenary pick-em-up missions around the Mediterranean, or are we confined to the immediate sphere of influence of the Ptolemaic faction?

2.Also, if I chose to, could I use personal finances to fund building projects in a province that currently does not have any, or do I have to go through central government channels to do this?

3. Is there a possibility to open up more regions to allowing estates (If but for RP, as it seems the current available plots of land are more than adequate)?
    Last edited by Paul D; 07-08-2011 at 06:14.

Blog Entries

Well, this is embarrassing. A friend, whom I haven't seen for almost 6 years, was in the town and I forgot to take the save. I apologize. Edit: Paul D, I'll answer you questions when I'm back home(currently at work).
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 07-08-2011 at 06:10.

I hope I can to act as a placefiller for the moment, then:

1. Technically, you can do that. However, to do so you either have to march around the whole way, or hire a fleet from your own finances, which is very expensive. (You can only teleport your avatar, so if you'd try that you'd leave the mercenaries behind.) Either way, unless you've saved up money for a long time, you're not likely able to afford it, and it's hardly worth it anyway.

2. You can, but you need the permission from the guy who owns the province first.

3. Currently, no, but I think it's an interesting idea, seeing as we're limited to one estate nowadays.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 07-08-2011 at 13:48.

Cool Re: OOC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    Well, this is embarrassing. A friend, whom I haven't seen for almost 6 years, was in the town and I forgot to take the save. I apologize. Edit: Paul D, I'll answer you questions when I'm back home(currently at work).
    I find myself having to re-install the whole game because of problems I'm having with mine anyways
    The supreme, the merciless, the destroyer of opposition, the exalted King, the shepherd, the protector of the quarters of the world, the King the word of whose mouth destroys mountains and seas, who by his lordly attack has forced mighty and merciless Kings from the rising of the sun to the setting of the same to acknowledge one supremacy.
    -Ashurnasirpal II

Org Games

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Cool Re: OOC Thread

My final Chancellor's report will be up tomorrow once Ibn-Khaldun has fixed the state's money and the Council Session will open. Sorry for the delays on both our parts.
    -Ashurnasirpal II

Org Games

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Oh, okay. Yeah, I'd only about half-read the FAQ when I made that post.

Also, how centralized are things? How Involved do I have to be in the state of affairs of the kingdom as a whole? Will I need to provide feudalism-style levies or bands of armed men for the kingdom at times?

What is the starting private bank for establishing trade ships or estates?

Another set of questions:

1.Can we send our character out on mercenary pick-em-up missions around the Mediterranean, or are we confined to the immediate sphere of influence of the Ptolemaic faction?

2.Also, if I chose to, could I use personal finances to fund building projects in a province that currently does not have any, or do I have to go through central government channels to do this?

3. Is there a possibility to open up more regions to allowing estates (If but for RP, as it seems the current available plots of land are more than adequate)?

No, you don't have to provide levies or units.

1. What TCV said.

2. Look TCV's post.

3. I'm not so sure. It will mean that who ever becomes the Treasurer have more work to do. Also, you can always start a Player-vs-Player war and take someone elses estate from him.

Now why would I go and do something like that? That would rather disrupt the structure of the kingdom during this tumultuous time of war with the hated Seleukids!

So... do i start with personal finances or do I need to find some way to amass them myself?
    Last edited by Paul D; 07-09-2011 at 21:28.

Finally done the battle of Tarsos is any one is interested.
    Last edited by LeoCordis; 07-10-2011 at 19:01.
    PBeM's

Yes, right, I'll read it in a sec. Reminds me that I need to write down my report as well.

Blog Entries

It seems that the next 3 weeks will be extremly busy for me then I have to ask if someone is willing to act as a co-gamemaster?
    I was thinking that perhaps TCV could help me out. He is experienced player and should understand the rules the best.
    I'll drop by from time to time but my work is takeing most of my free time.

Sure, I can fill in for you. People will just have to accept my reign both in and outside of the game.

I will be gone tomorrow, next day, and three days from now. I will be back four days from now.

Blog Entries

I will now officially announce that The Celtic Viking will replace me as the Game Master until I come back(which would be in the first half of the August).

If you have any game/rule related questions then ask him.

Also, I'll post the last Treasurer report in the morning. If the next player who becomes Treasurer have any questions then send me a PM. I'll try to answer it as soon as possible.

EDIT: Reading the Council thread I see that TCV is also the Treasurer. Hope it's not too much of a work.

EDIT2: Also, as long as I'm away you don't have to calculate Zoarchos' income. Expences and income should be left 0.

EDIT3: And I AM coming back!
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 07-12-2011 at 22:45.

Did i miss my turn, or can i pick up the save and 'ave a go?

Take it.

And there is no 'turns', just say you are taking the save first. :]
    PBeM's

Do I have any starting personal funds?

Yes, you start with 3000 mnai, but no income and as yet, no expenditures either.

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Does anyone want to take over Alexandros? I'm finding this game is too time consuming for me. There are too many threads and posts to read and one has to keep track of each turn least we miss something, or get skipped for one turn. A regular hotsteat is much less demanding, with just one save per week usually and a convenient PM to notify you of it.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Eugh, I do hate how buggy the phalanxes and how troops deal with routers are in EB and RTW. :[
    PBeM's

Yeah. This reminds me though, if you and johnhoughthom did anything other than occupy the settlements you took, you should let me know how many citizens you displaced/enslaved, so you can get the money to your account.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast