Thread: My introduction and Fair-well

Default My introduction and Fair-well

Hey all, been playing for some time now and LOVE the game playing as the Romani. I studied roman history in university and enjoy all the little accurate things you guys put into it. But i will stop playing because there are just too many glitches and CTDs recently for reasons which are unknown to me (but when i dont activate the background script it works but all my settlements go into rebellion). And yes I read the FAQ and searched many times on how to fix CTDs during AI turns. And even though im not at 107 BCE; I seem to have all the requirements for the marian reforms yet dont have them. So yea, i just give up.

the game is great though and if you guys need any research help for EBII id be glad to help, later

That's "Chopper" to you, bub. Member DaciaJC's Avatar

Default Re: My introduction and Fair-well

You can try getting some assistance here: EB Bug Reports and Technical Help. Good luck. :)
    + =

3x for this, this, and this

Quote Originally Posted by Frontline1944 View Post
    You can try getting some assistance here: EB Bug Reports and Technical Help. Good luck. :)
    already spent hours there

Member Member stratigos vasilios's Avatar

What version of EB are you using? What sub mods/other mods do you have installed? Do you/have you activated the script? Is your PC able to handle the 'heavy-ness' of EB? and the extremely unlikely question of, did you take Terhazza?

MARIAN REFORM - FROM FAQ
    -At least the year 172BC
    -Have more than 6 Latifundia built in Italy
    -Hold at least 45 settlements
    -Fight more than 250 battles
    -Have a character that is:
    Sharp/Charismatic/Vigorous
    Popularis
    Consul or Ex-Consul
    Has Influence > 2
    Has Command > 2
    OR
    -Conquer 90 settlements.
    and you've met all these requirements?

Really strange, EB is so stable for me. I've maybe had three crashes...ever... Don't worry, XSamatan will help you out.
    Last edited by stratigos vasilios; 06-13-2011 at 04:26.
    We love you because you died and resurrected to save us...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    We love you Goku!

Quote Originally Posted by Lange-zeit Spieler View Post
    Hey all, been playing for some time now and LOVE the game playing as the Romani. I studied roman history in university and enjoy all the little accurate things you guys put into it. But i will stop playing because there are just too many glitches and CTDs recently for reasons which are unknown to me (but when i dont activate the background script it works but all my settlements go into rebellion). And yes I read the FAQ and searched many times on how to fix CTDs during AI turns. And even though im not at 107 BCE; I seem to have all the requirements for the marian reforms yet dont have them. So yea, i just give up.

the game is great though and if you guys need any research help for EBII id be glad to help, later
    Your lucky, my games usualy get unplayable much sooner XD And I've been playing EB for 5 years without getting much time away from it. So, what do I do? When one of my campains get unplayable I start a new one with a different faction since every one of them is very interesting and unique, leaving EB after only playing Romanoi its a crime! Give a try to some exotic faction like Baktria, Saba, Saka, Hayasdan, Casse, Pontus, etc, you'll get surprised! Even the ones that at first look may seem nothing special can give you a great time!
    Someone recomended me to play with autosave turned off as it may corrupt the files but havent played much since then, I gess you can try it if you didnt already or as someone said ask XSamatan for help.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by stratigos vasilios View Post
    What version of EB are you using? What sub mods/other mods do you have installed? Do you/have you activated the script? Is your PC able to handle the 'heavy-ness' of EB? and the extremely unlikely question of, did you take Terhazza?

and you've met all these requirements?

Really strange, EB is so stable for me. I've maybe had three crashes...ever... Don't worry, XSamatan will help you out.
    pretty sure i have all that, im not sure about the latifundas, that would really trigger it?

@and i tried pontos once, was one of the hardest gaming experiences ive ever had lol

Yeah, Latifundia it up! It's definately a requirement.

Let us know if that works.
    We love you Goku!

Quote Originally Posted by stratigos vasilios View Post
    Yeah, Latifundia it up! It's definately a requirement.

Let us know if that works.
    id like to but i cant even make it past the first turn it ALWAYS CTDs during the AI turn when i activate the background script.

Hopefully XSamatan will be able to help you out, fingers crossed it's a minor issue.
    We love you Goku!

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

1. You can get over 95% of AI-turn-CTDs by using the advice given in the frequent encountered issues, if you aren't able to do so or if you belong to the 5% upload your save.

2. All requirements listed in the FAQ are required

3. I don't know if you read the linked thread, but you'll find inside it a bunch of advice on how to make EB as stable as it can be within the boundaries of the RTW engine.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

i mean id definitely like it to work again, the romani to me are much more fun than the selucids and pontics ive played

heres the file http://www.axifile.com?6824604

Please load up your game once again and check the trait list of your current faction leader.
    Can you confirm that he is:
    a) Slain by Sabaens
    b) Client ruler

?

XSamatan

Quote Originally Posted by XSamatan View Post
    Please load up your game once again and check the trait list of your current faction leader.
    Can you confirm that he is:
    a) Slain by Sabaens
    b) Client ruler

?

XSamatan
    yes he has both those traits

So your game is screwed. You either loaded up this campaign with EB1.2 while it was started in EB1.1 or the installation is corrupt (installed EB1.2 wrong, applied fixes for 1.2 to EB1.1).
    Anyway you can continue but will receive more bugs and it is doubtful the script will work as it should.
    However, I fixed some rebellions in your campaign and managed to get to the next turn, you can download it from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9409109/up%2B1.sav

If you require further assistance by getting a clean build post back!

XSamatan
    Last edited by XSamatan; 06-15-2011 at 12:03.

Quote Originally Posted by XSamatan View Post
    So your game is screwed. You either loaded up this campaign with EB1.2 while it was started in EB1.1 or the installation is corrupt (installed EB1.2 wrong, applied fixes for 1.2 to EB1.1).
    Anyway you can continue but will receive more bugs and it is doubtful the script will work as it should.
    However, I fixed some rebellions in your campaign and managed to get to the next turn, you can download it from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9409109/up%2B1.sav

If you require further assistance by getting a clean build post back!

XSamatan
    thats probably it, started playing as Macedon and Seleucid, thanks a bunch for the help
    Last edited by Lange-zeit Spieler; 06-17-2011 at 00:35.

In case you didn't know it, alway restart EB before switching to another faction, otherwise it screws up the script!

I really suggest a clean installation, you may want to follow this guide.

XSamatan