Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

What you forget is that House Targryn was the second house in the realm from the beginning and sure, along the way through the centuries some nobles will have done shady things to protect or further theor power and influence but they would do not-so-noble things for a reason not to give some stupid young ones target practice... I can see these guys getting wild and attacking a group of scouts in the desert and then the head or some high person of the house covering it up by calling the scouts bandits and so on... what I can't see is that they were allowed to attack the lassaran military from the beginning ;)
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

Right. Will edit it a bit then.

Blog Entries

Not exactly well versed in inter-house politics is he? That works I guess, but why should I let him live? Even ignoring the whole trying to kill me thing, noone in the group will think its a good idea to keep the guy with a grudge against nobility in the same camp as the most important noble of all, i.e. the princess.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

He wouldn't be. He's been an outlaw for ten years. :P

He didn't try to kill you. He wanted to take almost everything away from you and leave you to whatever fate you have.

He'll probably leave the camp. After stealing the sword.

How are you going to decide whether th let him live though? When do you have a say in it?/What say do you have in it?
    Last edited by Visor; 06-19-2011 at 12:04.

Blog Entries

Well he's the only one able to hold the magic sword for one (seriously he's linked to the sword; read the bit about when he picked up the swordm particularly the bit about the warm feeling on his hand, I've been planning this since I got the go ahead to take it) Thats going to reign in some points in the groups decision making process.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-19-2011 at 12:14.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

So you and only you is the only person that can wield the sword? I hope not. Why only you?

Surely the Lich could use it (If he wanted to).

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Hmmm, I'm going to have to spit it out and say that I'm not really used to this style of roleplaying.

I used to roleplay alot in MMOs like World of Warcraft, and was used to a quite strict set of rules regarding actions (or emotes as they are in WoW) against other characters; you'll notice that I'll never put words into your character's mouths unless they've already been said by you, nor will I assume that because I fire an arrow at you it hits the target, like how I allowed Fluffy to decide what happened when Tah fired at him.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's in my interests to relay how my character responds to you, whether that be with word or weapon, just as I love to see how you respond to Tah's actions; only you guys know your characters, and the same applies to me with Tah/Raina.

This kinda leads me onto the HTF posts I read just now, which I enjoyed but kinda found a gripe with; I guess that I have a problem with the notion that Raina would leave her fallen mistress' side to protect the fey... if Tawariell was in fine health then the aistar would probably protect the fey without a second thought, but otherwise it just wouldn't happen.

I don't mind Raina being used in the manner that Seon has (he probably has most cause for roleplaying with her, as someone who can talk to beasts), but I'd like y'all to be mindful of her characterisation as much as Tah's; the current situation leaves me with a problem of how to proceed with my next post, as Tah/Raina were going to slink away while the others were engrossed with one another.
    Last edited by Secura; 06-19-2011 at 12:24.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Does your post only apply to the Happy Tree Friends, or to the Capital Crew as well?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    So you and only you is the only person that can wield the sword? I hope not. Why only you?

Surely the Lich could use it (If he wanted to).
    I've been thinking of a way for that to make sense for a while, this is what I came up with:

It's a magic sword that links itself to the first person who uses it and was only useable by the wielder until he died, its been passed down the royal family over the generations and after the last king died it was supposed to be linked to the princess when she came of age, but she fled before taking it. When thomas took it it linked to him instead by accident. Basically you'd have to kill my character to use it otherwise it gets violent.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-19-2011 at 12:32.

@Visor How do you mean?
    Last edited by Secura; 06-19-2011 at 12:33.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

@ Greyblades

That can be arranged.

@ Secura

Is that problem you have with the posts about Thom, Rufus, Glungard, etc or the Lich, you, Seon's thing, etc. Or both?

Blog Entries

@ Greyblades

That can be arranged.
    Heh, this'll be fun.

I'll just go tell the Demon's where you are, who you are and that I want you all dead. :D

Is that problem you have with the posts about Thom, Rufus, Glungard, etc or the Lich, you, Seon's thing, etc. Or both?
    It's a general qualm, really.

I just think that it's your character, why should someone else be deciding what you say or do? How can they even determine how you'd respond to their questions or actions? Thankfully, nobody has really done that in relation to my character yet; I didn't mind the tendrils or nightmarish visions because they furthered the storyline, and nobody's been putting words into Tawariell's mouth just yet.

Raina is a different matter, but I can discuss her characterisation with Seon so he can perfect her when Allie/Raina converse.

Blog Entries

I'll just go tell the Demon's where you are, who you are and that I want you all dead. :D
    If you do that you'll make glungurd cry.

Well, B_Ray did my guy spot on. So I was happy with that.

If you do that you'll make glungurd cry.
    He's coming with me. Then he can have all the sheep he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    I just think that it's your character, why should someone else be deciding what you say or do? How can they even determine how you'd respond to their questions or actions?
    I thought that I'd elaborate that this isn't a problem per se, just something that I've picked up on; for the record, I think that this post from DiY is fantastic, definitely the way to go if you want to be encorporating the actions/words of other characters in your posts.

He really encapsulates Alyssa's attitude and battle prowess without taking DE's character and determining everything she does, while the post is still all about Guantano, leaving DE room to respond and perhaps elaborate on Alyssa's thought process before she fired the second arrow. T'is a great post. :3

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can see what Secura means. You should pay attention to the opening post; TLD stated that it's allowed to coordinate with other players what happens with their characters, sort of like what Seon and Flufffy did in the beginning, I think. Otherwise, be very careful about assuming behaviour... So far, I think Secura's the only one who's felt stepped on her toes, but... I'd be angry if someone did the same to my character. The point of this is not a railroaded hack-and-slash. We should not necessarily bump into the main plot at once (as far as we can avoid it, I mean it's enveloping the land) - sure, it would affect our characters, but I don't think such a gathering of people would just come out and go "hey we should save the world" right away... Do I make sense? I don't want this to be like Neverwinter Nights in that no matter what kind of character you are you are forced into the main plotline and to "fight the bad guys".
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

Blog Entries

Now that you mention it, visor was there anything wrong with how I portrayed your character earlier?

Rufus doesn't care about the world. He cares about himself, and now to an extent, Glungard.

Who says I will fight the bad guys? :P

@ Greyblades

About my character and what you said....

"What? Are you insane!" replied Rufus "There are demons flying around and you want to go shopping?!"
    Probably not something I imagine him saying. I imagine him shrugging.

“Fine but take too long and we’re leaving, right Glungy?”
    Again, he doesn't care. More of a shrug.

I didn't expect Glungard to carry Thomas.

He seems a bit... too eager the way you portray him. (IMO)

Did I do your characters right?
    Last edited by Visor; 06-19-2011 at 13:02.

Oh yes, I agree on that too, which is why Tawariell and Raina were going to depart from the little gathering in the woods; there's no current character motivation for them to stay around such a large group, particularly as they all appear to be magic practitioners in some form or another.

I guess I'm just a bit 'gah' in seeing Raina's portrayal, but that's perhaps my own fault for not elaborating on the aistari particular well; I can talk this over with Seon so he gets her behaviour down to a 't'.
    Last edited by Secura; 06-19-2011 at 13:09.

Exactly as been said here it's a thing of coordination. Seon and fluffy did this very well, planning their encounter in PM before writing it out in the storyline, you can plan dialogues this way so you don't have to do one-line posts where a person responds. I've put words into other character's mouth a bit in this storyline too, although nothing drastic, I think I let Drax nod and say his name once... It's difficult because you want to proceed on the one hand but you also don't want to "take over" someone else's character.

I usually posted here afterwards, asking if anyone wanted something changed, for example with the ambush on Rufus just a few posts ago. I hope that's fine, I assumend they would put down their weapons and come along... of course they could have acted different but they didn't have much of a choice that's why I did it...

There is definitely more "Posting for others" in this RPG than I am used to so it might be a good idea to keep in touch with each other and plan a bit and if it doesn't work any other way just go ahead and do a rather short post and wait for the response...

Blog Entries

Did I do your characters right?
    For the most part, I dont think thomas would have said "it was nice being able to buy anything I wanted" a tad too arrogant.
    Honestly, I've found it hard to think of what the character's would do without thinking "what would I do?" Thomas is easy to write for as he's pretty much my author avatar (and yeah I know I'm going overboard on the special powers, I'll work on that) and Gilford's abit one dimentional. Rufus I thought of as acting alot like bronn from Game of thrones for some reason and I found it hard not to make glungurd speak like "small man gave glungurd apple, me like small man".

Rufus would probably put his weapons down. Then kick Thomas. :P

"it was nice being able to buy anything I wanted" a tad too arrogant.
    I was trying to imply he said it as a joke. Considering Rufus is covered in blood still and his armour isn't in pristine condition like Thomas's might be..
    Last edited by Visor; 06-19-2011 at 13:23.

Well what I tried is do identify what these gus value... FOr Rufus there's probably not much more than his own life but that's something. It means that under the given circumstances he put down his weapons as he doesn't have a deathwish or anything of the like...

Visor, if my char asks for Rufus' name will he give it to him? Just for my next post ^^

@ TLD

Rufus is quite fond of Glungard now.

Depends why your guy (Alain?) asks for.

Blog Entries

I was trying to imply he said it as a joke. Considering Rufus is covered in blood still and his armour isn't in pristine condition like Thomas's might be..
    Ah. Thomas was pushed through a window and rolled down a hill earlier so he isnt in such great shape either.

Well then it would be a joke for both of them considering the situation they're in.

I think.

Right, Glungard. Then again my character wouldn't be the person to use another's (Glungards) life to pressure Rufus

about the question I'll PM you

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

Thank you secura

Hmm, I think that overall, there's no problem putting words in other player characters' mouths, if its just a short blurb or if its just playful banter, as long as one stays clear of characterizing the other fellah in a manner that he/she/it hasn't been portrayed as before.

However, there's still room for flexibility, and if one isn't sure whether it crosses a line or not, what I thought was the best way to proceed was to read previous IC posts and the background story of the character in question.

In any case, I remain wary of linking up and traveling in a big group to save the world. Perhaps until the characters in question are convinced of the dire necessity (probably somewhere closer to the end) could such an action be taken. Best to ask I suppose.

Fluffy, do you want us to wait up for you as the learned professor? I'd estimate at most 2 scenes (arrival included) before Guantano/Alyssa reach Leon and the library/study in question (unless they get sidetracked of course, but with no demons yet I'd be hard pressed to come up with anything to seriously deviate them from their course).

On a random note, it seems like our story of Lassara remains in perpetual daylight
    Last edited by Death is yonder; 06-19-2011 at 14:30.
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast