Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - Story Thread

I'm tempted to say Vayne is probably not as restricted by Owyn's sword as he lets on.

Actually, I expect Owyn Boreale to get shafted before the end of the game, with Vayne (or his real master) being the final boss.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Yeah, like the whole "you couldnt do better" argument's going to work on a lordling.
    That's why Alain will not comment on it ;)
    Haha let's just put that argument to rest now...

Concerning Tar Cantun, yes of course Boreale would like to keep as many cities as he can but the help of Vayne is initiated by having that sword but it doesn't come for free ;)
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Blog Entries

Hrmm... What sort of destruction are we talking about? Razing the city by burning every thing flamable, razing but demolishing every stone thing aswell, complete flattening, or a huge crater that would make a nuke blush?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

No nuke but Bane is probably going to have a lot more fun with this than he was allowed to have in Lassara.

They won't take the blow every stone into dust but the city will be pretty much burnt down and most buildings will probably collapse. It's somehow a pity, I kind of like the picture of Tar Cantun I poste in the history... still they aren't going to occupy it so they have to be sure that there isn't much useful coming out of that city after they leave for Nir Cantun... It doesn't rule out survivors though so it's not a given that Thomas' and Gilford's family will be lost

Blog Entries

Ah... crud and I've already established that the city is ruled by morons so resistance will probably disorganised... crud this is going to turn into a "turns up, everyone's dead and the villian's gone so there's nothing to do but return to the mainland" situation isn't it?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Hmm... there must be some motivation for Thomas to stay with the Queen - loyalty maybe? Also, if members of your House survived the initial attack on Lassara, they would have seen the giant fortress moving south towards Cantun, so logically Thomas' father would have made for Leon or some place instead of heading straight into another one-sided battle (if he survived).

Just my two cents :)

If you want I can have one of the villains show up for him to fight. Enego for example... He's been sent after the princess but they might just follow Essa's magical aura, assuming the royal sword is with the princess. He's the weakest of them all, so I'd say we can have Thomas fight him.

Blog Entries

Hmm... that could work, and the battle would take up enough time for the castle to get to Tar Cantun.
    You have a scene where alain tells (rants at) the "Arrogant noble idiot" about how its unlikely that the city will actually be preserved then we have a fight with Engo that takes up time, after he dies or flees we can have a scene where we arrive at the port, we see the castle floating towards the island, obviously way too far in the lead to overtake before arrival and I could have gilbert hold back thomas saying "it's too late". Then we could go from there.

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    I'm tempted to say Vayne is probably not as restricted by Owyn's sword as he lets on.

Actually, I expect Owyn Boreale to get shafted before the end of the game, with Vayne (or his real master) being the final boss.
    Same here.

Also, I really doubt Alyssa would keep Meghghan with them. She's delirious and slowing them down...
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondeye View Post
    Same here.

Also, I really doubt Alyssa would keep Meghghan with them. She's delirious and slowing them down...
    What would happen if Morangul made her actually wake up?
    Of course, if that was to happen, there would have to be a major rewrite of the character I think.
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Hmm... that could work, and the battle would take up enough time for the castle to get to Tar Cantun.
    You have a scene where alain tells (rants at) the "Arrogant noble idiot" about how its unlikely that the city will actually be preserved then we have a fight with Engo that takes up time, after he dies or flees we can have a scene where we arrive at the port, we see the castle floating towards the island, obviously way too far in the lead to overtake before arrival and I could have gilbert hold back thomas saying "it's too late". Then we could go from there.
    Oh... I actually thought he'd Show up in Tar Cantun ^^

The Castle flies... You wouldn't Be there before it anyway... It would take at least 1-2 days to get there by horse and boat... So if the simple fact that you'll arrive late will stop you, you don't need to go in the first place...

But hey, it could be some sweet character development if Thomas' family was killed in the bombardment...
    I agree. I don't see anything wrong with Thomas traveling to Cantun only to arrive too late. And it would separate him and Rufus for a while, so that they wouldn't be at each others' throats the whole journey eastward.

Blog Entries

The Castle flies... You wouldn't Be there before it anyway... It would take at least 1-2 days to get there by horse and boat... So if the simple fact that you'll arrive late will stop you, you don't need to go in the first place...
    Yeah but pride + worry is likely driving him to try to get there in time, even though the chance is slight, if they fight and it takes so long that it becomes physically possible even in his eyes, he'd give up but its unlikely otherwise without me feeling like I was pulling it out of nowhere, especially cosidering what I've already written.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-21-2011 at 22:20.

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

As I said, I don't have anything against Thomas travelling towards Tar Cantun if that's what is appropriate for his character. He can still catch up with us later, two guys on horses will be faster than the princesses party.

Let him arrive at Birun the next evening and I'll post what they see happening on the other shore and Enego will show up. It'll be up to your posting and some dices if you can kill him and then you can still decide to follow the princess since you are too late for your hometown...

Quote Originally Posted by Thefluffyone93 View Post
    What would happen if Morangul made her actually wake up?
    Of course, if that was to happen, there would have to be a major rewrite of the character I think.
    Eventually she will wake up, although I'd prefer that it not happen too soon, because it's really the one piece of development I can tack on to this rather one-dimensional character.

(that is to say, finding out what it is that Meghghan did, in her past, that caused her to put herself to sleep. I'm not sure what it is yet, but it will have to be something terrible, like, epic-level terrible)

I didn't actually consider that Morangul would probably know how to wake her up with magic, though. Hmmm...
    TOMORROW - Lyle pukes so hard it makes a football go three feet

Would Meghghan be able to tell what Morangul was?
    Or just see his presence or something like that?
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

But why would we even want to go north and coincidentally find Meghghan in the first place?

If we do, we will likely run into the army first and have to run away. Which would take us south. I want to go south, but I really don't have a good reason for Frijyk to want to go there over anywhere else.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Well but even if you go south the army will eventually get there. You have the same problem as everybody, you need someone to actually tell you what you can do against this enemy. (that is if you even want to do anything about it) - DE and DIY are heading for Leon to get more information, so is the princess and her group but it would be a little bot too much if you did the same... I guess Morangul could come up with something if he wanted to... or you could go west... one of Vayne's guys is headed to a non-labelled building there and you might actually find out some things no one knows as of yet ;)

Also we have a problem if DE's char really doesn't want to take the little girl with them... unless Meghghan finds another wizard who lends her a teleport item ^^

But why would we even want to go north and coincidentally find Meghghan in the first place?

If we do, we will likely run into the army first and have to run away. Which would take us south. I want to go south, but I really don't have a good reason for Frijyk to want to go there over anywhere else.
    Morangul's intention was to go and investigate the demon invasion.
    Therefore, his first stop would have been Lassara, after the majority of the demons moved out.
    And he would pass through Leon for more info.
    Now that he has some companions, he has to think of something else.

well they could still go to Lassara and see what they can find... it's all up to you... or I could have the one guy I was talking about run your way and you can follow him west...

True....
    Running across a powerful demon lord would certainly get Morangul's attention...

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Definitely, Vayne looks to have more of the Starscream about him than the obedient Dragon. There looks to be betrayal further along the road somewhere... :P

Just wanted to say, I'm enjoying the quality of the narrative so far, keep up everyone. :3
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Shame on you for introducing others to TVTropes. I've spent so much time on that website, I could have accomplished something with my life if I'd invested it in more fruitful things.

Blog Entries

...There are people who dont know about tvtropes?

Quite possibly. I only discovered it this year.

I didn't know about it... so thanks!

Also stop overanalyzing my villains :P

Also I realized I put myself in a stupid place there with my last post so if Greyblades doesn't want to post how they leave and get on their way I'd appreciate any post to avoid double posting ;)

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    Definitely, Vayne looks to have more of the Starscream about him than the obedient Dragon. There looks to be betrayal further along the road somewhere... :P

Just wanted to say, I'm enjoying the quality of the narrative so far, keep up everyone. :3
    I lost my voice for a few days when I was eight from doing Starscream impressions. Just wanted to share that, keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Thefluffyone93 View Post
    Would Meghghan be able to tell what Morangul was?
    Or just see his presence or something like that?
    Meghghan can hardly tell what anything is.

I guess Morangul wouldn't smell of anything, but that'd be it.
    TOMORROW - Lyle pukes so hard it makes a football go three feet

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast