Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

I'm sorry, does my character need to do something to progress the Village People Party? I didn't see anything prompting him.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

Wait why are they called the villiage people? And who's bonny and clyde?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Wait why are they called the villiage people? And who's bonny and clyde?
    Because they have a penchant for wearing chaps! And it's Alyssa and Guantano, I believe.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray View Post
    I'm sorry, does my character need to do something to progress the Village People Party? I didn't see anything prompting him.
    Yea it's in one of the posts, I believe Amalia was asking him how he liked his first ride...
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Also, the HTFs are waiting for Seon, right?

Blog Entries

Uhh, yeah.

I think I might break off from the group to gain some help in dealing with the magic-proof golem.

Just made a post, but I probably won't be able to contribute tomorrow at all, so feel free to move the party along without my input.

You know, I was planning on taking anyone who went with Morangul on a journey to find as many of
    Neril's Shard weapons as possible.

Starting with the one that the Nameless Paladin used to defeat him.

I was also planning on adding a bit more info on the weapons, like what kind of weapons were made.

I was thinking a staff, a hammer, perhaps a mace/flail (like Witch King of Angmar's) or an axe, a longbow, a greatsword (which belonged to the Paladin), a dagger, and of course the rapier Essa.

Does that sound good?
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thefluffyone93 View Post
    I was also planning on adding a bit more info on the weapons, like what kind of weapons were made.

I was thinking a staff, a hammer, perhaps a mace/flail (like Witch King of Angmar's) or an axe, a longbow, a greatsword (which belonged to the Paladin), a dagger, and of course the rapier Essa.

Does that sound good?
    Not to me. I have a notion that the hard part should be finding the weapons, not using them. I won't say we've won once we have them, but it has to be difficult. We don't even know anything about many of the weapons. Allow me to expand on this. The Sword of the Lassaran royalty is one shard. The sword of the Paladin is one other. That leaves five. The odds that all (or any) of these are still "out there" in use are low, and even if they are (I think some of them should be, and some others might be hidden in tombs, etc.), finding information about them could be relatively hard, especially at long distances.

As for the distribution of weapons, I assume that this world has the same notion as the real one; swords are noble weapons. I imagine that at least 5 of the shard weapons are swords of some kind. Say, Essa the Rapier, Paladin Greatsword ("Morangul's Bane"), a normal longsword or two, and a bastard sword. The last two weapons would have to be sharp melee weapons such as axes, probably, although I expect a Warhammer might also fit in. Staves and longswords make no sense, daggers are tiny useless things and honestly a flail is just as dangerous to the one wielding it.
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

I agree with DE pretty much. A big part of the game is to locate and retreive these weapons. So far I've always thought none of them are still in use, or they might be in use, but not in Lassara.

About the composition of the weapons, one rapier, one greatsword, a longsword and a bastard sword should be enough swords... at least one will be an axe

Not so keen on daggers ^^ - what's possible though is, that one of the shards has been worked into a staff or something a magic user would use to increase his powers.

Blog Entries

Huh, I thought essa was a longsword not a rapier.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

I thought you mentioned it being a rapier first?

So, DE, DiY do you guys want to post another scene where you leave town? I'll then get to post the approach of the army and the "siege"

Also, fluffy or Chaotix are you following the giant in it's trail?

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

I'm not too sure where we're headed, but I'm guessing its south. I'll finish up something first then I'll crank out the update
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

*pokes 'khaan*

I'm waiting! :P
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    I thought you mentioned it being a rapier first?
    I did? Where?

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    So, DE, DiY do you guys want to post another scene where you leave town? I'll then get to post the approach of the army and the "siege"

Also, fluffy or Chaotix are you following the giant in it's trail?
    Yes, but I'm waiting for Seon to make a post to either stay or leave before I continue the story.

Which direction, roughly, is it going? And does it ever change said direction?

Also, I have an idea for one shard which I've discussed with TLD... but I'll keep it a secret for now.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    *pokes 'khaan*

I'm waiting! :P
    Just a bit dear, a combination of temporary 'net shortage and me actually getting a proper night's sleep finally delayed me.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Yes, but I'm waiting for Seon to make a post to either stay or leave before I continue the story.

Which direction, roughly, is it going? And does it ever change said direction?

Also, I have an idea for one shard which I've discussed with TLD... but I'll keep it a secret for now.
    see that tower in the western part of Ayal Ryad Hyo? That's where he's headed

I'm sorry guys, I know I need to post in the village people and Leon but I can't for the next few hours. Will get to it some time later tonight...

TLD, can you control my dude for the next four days while I'm gone? Thanks.

Ach, I've been meaning to respond to this for sometime so.....ahem.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondeye View Post
    Not to me. I have a notion that the hard part should be finding the weapons, not using them. I won't say we've won once we have them, but it has to be difficult. We don't even know anything about many of the weapons. Allow me to expand on this. The Sword of the Lassaran royalty is one shard. The sword of the Paladin is one other. That leaves five. The odds that all (or any) of these are still "out there" in use are low, and even if they are (I think some of them should be, and some others might be hidden in tombs, etc.), finding information about them could be relatively hard, especially at long distances.
    But here's the thing; while the six remaining shard weapons are completely unknown to today's Lassaran's, the same can't be said for Morangul.
    He's from 500 years ago, give or take 2 centuries, so he would have been in a time where the Shard weapons would have been more known. Now, I'm not saying Morangul would know the final resting places of all the weapons, but he would know what type of weapons they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondeye View Post
    As for the distribution of weapons, I assume that this world has the same notion as the real one; swords are noble weapons. I imagine that at least 5 of the shard weapons are swords of some kind. Say, Essa the Rapier, Paladin Greatsword ("Morangul's Bane"), a normal longsword or two, and a bastard sword. The last two weapons would have to be sharp melee weapons such as axes, probably, although I expect a Warhammer might also fit in. Staves and longswords make no sense, daggers are tiny useless things and honestly a flail is just as dangerous to the one wielding it.
    Okay, I can agree with the dagger being a bit wimpy (I was just trying to make a range of weapons for everyone), but I would think that the weapons weren't made to be "noble", they were made for battle. They were forged to prevent any sort of unholy evil from entering Lassara, so I would expect a bit more hard hitting weapons, and even a staff for a cleric. As TLD's history said, they were given to the mightiest heroes, not the royalty (with the obvious exception of Essa).

Now that I'm here typing, I might as well see if this is possible.....

As I stated before, I was planning on going after "Morangul's Bane", the greatsword the Paladin used.
    So, I was going to have Morangul and his companions (if they so choose) travel to the ancient Paladin Stronghold (insert mystical holy name here). He would deduce the possible location of the greatsword by knowing 2 things

1) The location of the stronghold, as he assaulted it back in his day

and

2) That Paladin Grand-masters and great heroes of the Paladin Order were buried there with their weapons, meaning the Paladin that defeated him would most likely be buried there with the sword.

Now, if this is going to work, 3 questions must be asked.

1) Does the Paladin Order still exist?
    2) Is the Golem and his friend traveling there as well?

and the big one...

3) Would the fact that Morangul knows this much break the game?

Of course, I would only go through with this if TLD approves, so for now, I LOLLYGAG.
    Last edited by thefluffyone93; 07-02-2011 at 17:22.
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

Blog Entries

LOLLYGAG is an awesometastic word. Sure, one of them might be clerical warmace then, I guess. I think the Paladin Order should still exist (perhaps only as a weak one though) so that Morangul's knowledge of the place would not be imbalancing since he needs help to face the Paladins guarding it! Where would you say the Temple is?

Also, I plan on Alyssa "tripping over" one of the other weapons by singing a song she's learnt somewhere, earlier, and then realize that the hero mentioned in it might carry a shard weapon. That will only reveal the former owner of the weapon and that it is a sword, though. We still need to find a way to get more info. This weapon might also have been buried with its owner; perhaps that's the subject of additional verses that Alyssa does not know but we find someone who does. This is open for critique of course but I think it's way cool?

TLD and I discussed these weapons for a while a few nights ago, and we both came upon the idea of one of them being turned into a polearm; TLD even had an image of how he imagines it would look, I think. :3

I'll resume my story-posting after I've caught some shuteye.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

I think a dagger could definitely work, if it had some kind of power attached to it.

Maybe it turns the wielder invisible. I like the idea of that.

In fact, I bet a shard-tipped arrow with a shard-plated bow would work too, and since the shards attract each other the arrow would always magically return to the bow.

The possibilities are pretty endless if one has some creativity. We just want to make sure all seven are diversified enough and have something to make them unique, so that they are not just all "Generic [insert weapon] of Holiness".
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Blog Entries

A shard plated bow is abit much. There's only so much metal you can get out of 1/7th of a longsword and I've been wondering whether or not they even melted down the fragments instead of just fusing them into a new weapon; I would imagine a magic weapon would get screwy if it was damaged to the extent of melting.

Essa, as far as I am concerned, is a lighting magic longsword. I wouldnt have a problem with making it a rapier except I kinda have issues with a rapier being able to take a guy's head off in one swing so I'd have to rewrite my posts to make that happen and, well, I'm a lazy git so the chances of that are low.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 07-03-2011 at 15:42.

I guess Alyssa and Guantano are a post or two away from bumping into two elves and an aistar on the road.

As for the shard weapons, it doesn't hurt to write a little story for each one, even if none of our characters ever come to wield them; look at Frostmourne in World of Warcraft, no other weapon in the series is as steeped in lore, and players don't even get to wield it.

I guess that we've reached a consensus that two of these seven weapons are Essa (a longsword) and "Morangul's Bane" (a claymore or zweihänder?). I'd suggest that a glaive/spontoon, a rapier/smallsword and an axe of some description find their way into the line-up too. The remaining two, well there's alot of ideas circulating around (daggers, staves, bows, hammers, mauls, maces, more swords); I think it'd be nice for the story if the Princess came to possess one of the items, though.

I'm happy with reducing the amount of swords as well, as in, it's fine with me. Right now with all the current ideas and the already existing weapons we have Essa (longsword), Moranguls Bane (claymore-like weapon, although it should probably be called something else ^^), the sword that Alyssa remembers from a song, which is a cool idea, imo. Maybe that could be a Rapier-like sword then?

So that's three swords. Other than that there's an axe and a polearm in the making ^^ - leaves two weapons of which I'd like one to be a magic user's item, maybe a cleric's staff that the princess could use. Leaves one, I'll take any ideas for that but of course the weapons should have some unique feature. So far Essa binds itself to her user until death and has these lightning abilities. I'd suggest the remaining weapons have some kind of speciality too. So, whoever has ideas can contact me in private. So far Chaotix has already proposed an axe to me and has invented some features about it ;)

@Visor: Sure, although I'm not so sure how to resolve the current situation with your NPC ^^

Blog Entries

I'll get the details about the sword (which is not going to be a rapier, but a bastard sword) down, perhaps tomorrow, and send them.

Also fluffy I'll PM you about that order ;)

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast