Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

I see no problem about the revised 48-hour rule, of course with the exception that if someone posts here and goes "I'm away from my computer this weekend but please don't reply for my character, I'll be back monday" or something like that, it should be respected. Also, it goes without saying that people should still respect each other's characters. You don't have to post after waiting 48 hours if you're not sure how the other character would act, then just let them have some more time to get the reply in...
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

Yea I agree. I tried to make this clear too. As far as I can tell people in the groups have developed a fairly good "feeling" for how the others' characters play out.
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

I think we just need to start kicking people in the shins until they start moving.

I'll start with Fluffy, he lives near me.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    I think we just need to start kicking people in the shins until they start moving.

Alright but don't kick the fluffy parts, he'll barely feel that...

Hey there. I'm not out of this game yet, just distracted by the three mafia games I'm trying to follow (2 here, 1 on TW Center). Regarding the irregular activity, I would like to point out that in my personal preference, I'm not very comfortable taking my party in new directions or moving them along via my posts. I prefer to simply react to the situations that TLD or others present me with, whether it be dialog, combat, or some other decision. I really like some of the initiative that other players have taken, though I wish we weren't so fragmented right now in terms of location. I'm very impressed with the extremely open-ended nature of the game you've created, TLD, and I think it's very praiseworthy that you've allowed us to have so much control and influence over your game. But as for my own character, I intend to keep him mostly responsive rather than proactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post

ZZZZzzzz-*snort*
    Huh? Whut?
    OH.....

By the way Chaotix, was your character around when I gave that brief history lesson?
    Or do I have to say it all over again?
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thefluffyone93 View Post
    ZZZZzzzz-*snort*
    Huh? Whut?
    OH.....

By the way Chaotix, was your character around when I gave that brief history lesson?
    Or do I have to say it all over again?
    Yes, he got the history lesson and he knows a little bit in addition from his own people's legends.

But he has no idea what the Shards of Neril are, because they didn't exist when his people disappeared and Morangul didn't explain that the sword broke. The word "Neril" also probably slipped his mind. You can remind him it was the king's sword and then go into the Shard story.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

VERY WELL!

Also, on a side note; I prefer to be a reactive writer, but I can do fine if I get a few nudges on which direction to go in this thread.
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy

Blog Entries

Hm it seems everyone needs a proactive writer, well I'd better get my characters moving, TLD, I was wondering, would the majority of the lassarian navy be docked in Tar cantun, birun or Leon?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The ships would be dispersed among tha havens but there wouldn't be too much of a navy as there is no need for it.

Blog Entries

Havens? Er anyway would there be much chance of the lords trying to out do each other by building ships that put the others to shame when it came time to replace the ships that have become obsolete or too old to sail?
    Last edited by Greyblades; 08-05-2011 at 16:12.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

I'm not sure I undestand your last question...

Blog Entries

Huh, how should I rephrase this... OK would the major lords have thier own personal ships that they had designed/built for themselves?

They might have one ship that they use for personal transport. There is not much need for a real navy as there are no overseas trade partners and no overseas enemies.

Blog Entries

Small world, huh? In 800 years noone tried sailing north south or west for new lands?

Nah they were busy eating cashews and milk I'm sure some sailed but they didn't find anything. And you don't exactly build a navy for an expedition.

Blog Entries

Pizarro, Columbus and Cortez did.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 08-05-2011 at 17:30.

I might be mistaken but didn't Columbus sail with three ships?

Blog Entries

...Three ships count as a fleet, technicaly.

But not as a navy

Blog Entries

Ug.
    I'm tired and I'm tired.
    I'm tired enough to say it thrice before noticing.
    Yeah the last post probably has a bunch of typos.
    Ug.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 08-07-2011 at 04:05.

TYPOS?
    LE GASP.

Blog Entries

Darn my perfectionist tendancies. Darn them to heck.

Haha, don't worry :P

I'm still interested in playing, just waiting for a moment to advance my characters story..

Err... @Seon: How big is that spider and how big is Alaria? ^^

Blog Entries

Alaria's about 4 feet tall. Spider's about a foot and a half wide. It either clutches at her arm with it's legs or is held against her chest.

Blog Entries

All roads lead to Leon.
    Just a warning, I think I might be able to get another post out tomorrow but after that I'll be on holiday for a week starting saturday, I'm not sure I will be able to get internet access.

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

Helloo Secura??

Anyway, someone might want to check if fluffy is still going to play this, after what happened in Netherworld I'm not sure if he's left the whole forum or at least taken a very long hiatus.

Chaotix?
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

Yeah I thought about that but then he made a post in the story thread after his "goodbye" in Netherworld. We'll just have to ask him.

@Greyblades: How many days have passed for your characters now? I think I lost track a bit.

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast