Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    Yeah I thought about that but then he made a post in the story thread after his "goodbye" in Netherworld. We'll just have to ask him.

@Greyblades: How many days have passed for your characters now? I think I lost track a bit.
    Third day, mid afternoon, they'll be arriving at leon in the evening.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

psssst......
    Where shall we go Chaotix?
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Perhaps you should read my story post in reply to you last story post...

Frijyk has had enough of the people of Leon, doesn't want to go back there. Also thinks it's pointless to keep chasing the golem. He suggested exploring the east.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Blog Entries

Don't worry, Chaotix. I'll... uhh... catch up with you...somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Perhaps you should read my story post in reply to you last story post...

Frijyk has had enough of the people of Leon, doesn't want to go back there. Also thinks it's pointless to keep chasing the golem. He suggested exploring the east.
    BUT WHERE?

I'll have Morangul suggest a town name after pointing it out on the map.
    Vintom is probably going to be assaulted by the army soon.....

How about south, to Yonal?

I'll have Morangul drop a hint that the Paladin Stronghold was located in the southern part of the country.

Sound good?

Oh, and anything we should know about Yonal?
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Like all Lassaran towns it is ruled by a noble family, in this case it's a relatively "new" house as about two centuries ago one of the sons of Lord Katar of Epayl Nir has taken a group of settlers there and founded his own town. It has grown fast because of a large amount of minerals in the mountains so it's a mining town. Apart from that you're free to invent
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Knight of Flowers Member Diamondeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Secura, I am still awaiting your reply.
    If God is great, and if God is good, why can't he change the hearts of men?"
    -Tom Waits, "The Road to Peace"

I have posted.

And left all of the decision making up to you, Chaotix.

Frijyk doesn't have a map, Fluffy! He's been living in an isolated stronghold in the mountains his entire life!

EDIT: Alright, you gave a decent justification, so we'll roll with it.
    Last edited by Chaotix; 08-15-2011 at 04:14.

Ach, Chaotix.

Your mention of horses brings about another question I have.

Are we to do a day-by-day commentary on the travels between towns?
    For the most part, I would think that it would be uneventful....

Of course, saying "x amount of days passed during their travels"
    isn't that great either.
    Plus, it would place our characters some time ahead of everyone else.

Of course, I could just have Morangul cast some sort of spell that
    speeds up the travel immensely, such as a magic carpet (tacky, I know)
    or some other means of magical transportation.
    I wouldn't use teleportation though.

I will check back in the morning.

Tatty-bye!

I figure we can just travel at the speed of plot.

Right now we are slightly behind, as we are on night 2 while the rest are in day 3. So we spend day 3 getting back to the road, and then we'll worry about it.

Blog Entries

I'm back and I've got afew points I'd like to discuss, namely magic; There are three things I'd like to figure out.
    Firstly, scrying, in this world morangul has already established you can magically observe distant places and people, what's stopping boreal or vayn from going to a crystal ball and telling it to show them the location of the princess?
    Secondly, we've got teleportation in this world, what sort of ranges can you go, are there some locations we cant go?
    Finaly, We have gods, I was thinking we would just go with the Dungeon and dragon's pantheon plus whoever TLD wants to add, anyone have a problem with that idea?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Blog Entries

I mostly have a problem with Secura's silence

Yep, where is everyone? ^^

But as for Greyblades' questions:

1) I'd say you'd have to be pretty powerful for scrying which Morangul is. Definitely the villains would be powerful enough but let's just keep it the way Morangul did it. He didn't tell his bowl to look at a certain person, just an area (the capital city) - so scrying is rather limited, you can't just stallite track someone
    2) Well you brought teleportation in and as with scrying I'd limit it very much. Range should be very limited and it should get more and more inaccurate the farther you want to teleport.
    3) Gods will be very important, not necessarily playing a very active part but for the backstory. The Lassarans still worship the gods they have worshipped before they arrived on the island now known as Cantun. I'll update the OP with a section on their pantheon today or tomorrow. All those that have created their own races (like B_Ray) can of course create their own gods that their races believe in or whatever religious system they might want them to have.

Blog Entries

I'm actually waiting for princess's reply to my offer :p

Guys, I'm sorry for being so inactive, but my time is about to get even shorter starting in a couple weeks. I'm thinking about writing my character (Glungurd) out of the game, whether through death or some more temporary means. TLD, how do we wish for me to handle this situation?

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondeye View Post
    I mostly have a problem with Secura's silence
    Unfortunately, I'm working 40+ hours per week, across three locations around town with minimal staff and high stress, for no wage whatsoever... I don't really have the motivation nor the capacity to contribute anything worthwhile to the game at this moment in time. You'll notice that I've removed myself from the mafia invitation list too, I just don't really have the time at the moment. :/

If I'm seriously holding you guys up, you can continue to write without me... just assume that Tawariell doesn't want to talk, or that she slinked away, or whatever you want/deem most appropriate. Apologies for having not said something sooner.
    Last edited by Secura; 08-21-2011 at 20:46.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Blog Entries

It's no biggie, Sec - I've got first day at my University tomorrow, so I'll probably be adequately entertained for the next couple of weeks..!

Blog Entries

There's no preassure, the odd short paragraph every now and then to say your character is continuing to follow someone else or travelling to a place would be plenty until either you gain more free time or something interesting happens.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 08-22-2011 at 00:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    I'm actually waiting for princess's reply to my offer :p
    Oh I thought you wanted to reply to shlin. Sorry, update will be up shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by B_Ray View Post
    Guys, I'm sorry for being so inactive, but my time is about to get even shorter starting in a couple weeks. I'm thinking about writing my character (Glungurd) out of the game, whether through death or some more temporary means. TLD, how do we wish for me to handle this situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm working 40+ hours per week, across three locations around town with minimal staff and high stress, for no wage whatsoever... I don't really have the motivation nor the capacity to contribute anything worthwhile to the game at this moment in time. You'll notice that I've removed myself from the mafia invitation list too, I just don't really have the time at the moment. :/

If I'm seriously holding you guys up, you can continue to write without me... just assume that Tawariell doesn't want to talk, or that she slinked away, or whatever you want/deem most appropriate. Apologies for having not said something sooner.
    We can handle this any way you guys want. If you want to retain the possibility to rejoin the game later on we can have your characters wander off and resurface somewhere else later. If you want to step out permanently we can orchestrate an honorful death ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondeye View Post
    It's no biggie, Sec - I've got first day at my University tomorrow, so I'll probably be adequately entertained for the next couple of weeks..!
    So, are you going to step out too? I'm just asking to be sure about what we're going to work with. Neither can I nor would I want to force anyone to keep playing this game but I also don't want to force anyone out so I'll be as flexible as possible.

Err, Seon, I just made something up for the disguises, I hope that's alright with you :P

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    If you want to step out permanently we can orchestrate an honorful death ^^
    There's no need to kill my character/s, this lack of posting won't be a permanent thing; it's just until I can sort my work hours out and find my writing mojo again. :P
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    There's no need to kill my character/s, this lack of posting won't be a permanent thing; it's just until I can sort my work hours out and find my writing mojo again. :P
    Awwww...

Alright, I think we'll just see what khaan says as he is the most linked to your character at the moment I guess so if he has time and wants to contribute atm we can have your character/s run off for the time being and return whenever you have the time to come back

Also:

OP in all three threads updated with a section on religion. More entries in that section to come, but for now the main pantheon because GB asked for that. Sorry for the delay.

Status & Locations updated in all three OPs. Chaotix/fluffy(Slender) please tell me what time you're at right now ^^

Uhhh....
    Night 2, beginning of Day three I guess.
    The travel to Yonal via my mystical flying chariot should take a full
    day, unless you want it to be longer.

@tld

Quote Originally Posted by TLD
    The princess, Shlin and Dietrich looked like your average farmer from the surrounding areas of Leon and Alaria had taken back to her appearance of the girl they had first seen her as.
    Sorry but if Shlin is there, where is Drax?
    returning to the shadows.....

Lol, good catch gonna fix that right away

I'm somewhat caught up on the story thread, and I actually feel inspired to make a post now, but I'm not really sure what our party's current objective in Leon is.

Well we want to meet with he princess' old teacher, the guy DiY and DE visited, but unfortunately he died in the bombardment... but right now our goal is simply to get into the town without receiving too much attention

Blog Entries

Isn't it about time the princess' group had a transition scene into leon?

True it is. I was waiting if shlin and Seon would want to continue their ingame discussion but I'll get the group into Leon shortly.

Err, everyone, could we get a little sign from anyone who's still here? I'll send out a few reminder PMs I guess, just so we know who's on board and who isn't.

Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast