Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

After reading it a second time I realized that I misread it, I'm already working on my reply, sorry, just something to keep in mind, especially should it ever come to a situation where your character fights another PC, which isn't all that improbable given the tenstions with Rufus ;)
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lassara - Shards of Neril - OOC and Signup Thread [In Play / Sign-ups]

Hmm... The restorative potions, I've been treating them like a magical energy boost, with the wizard it's been a magic power boost and for thomas his speed and strength get amplified, would it seem too much of a stretch to have them do the same to a magical object? Or that the more potion you take/pour on yourself the more powerful the boost gets?
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-26-2011 at 17:01.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Well the whole potion thing is a little elusive to me ^^ I have a hard time picturing these guys throwing liquids over themselves to restore or boost their powers but if you want to do it go ahead, remember you can't decide the battle yet, but this'll be your last post. After that I'll roll the dice to get results.

Blog Entries

Well if they had to drink it the entire plan to get to tar cantun would have ended horribly with the mage dying of water intoxication. I think that the demons flying around would have died by now. So here comes the cavelry.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Hmmmmm.....
    To go to Leon, or to to not go to Leon?
    Hmmmmm......
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

@TLD: At this stage I think it is quite clear that Drax won't confess his DARK AND TERRIBLE SECRET to the Captain :P

Sure, the captain just needed to ask :P

ok greyblades... we need to discuss who has the advantage in battle and by how far.

I'm going to roll 3 dice for both of them.

First roll vs. First roll
    Second roll vs. Second roll
    Third roll vs. Third roll

Whoever wins 2 out of 3 wins the battle
    If one wins all 3 we can add some more severe damage to the loser
    If one of the rolls results in a decisive win (4 or 5 difference in what is rolled) I'd say it should be a serious injury to the other one
    If the winner has 2 or 3 decisive winning rolls the loser will suffer the worst case scenario.

WE have to decide on the worst case scenario too, for Enego it's easy, it would be death. For Thomas I'd suggest serious injury and loss of Essa or death to the Mage...

Blog Entries

I realy dont see how Enego's going to win at this point, but sure.
    I think there should be a heavy advantage to Thomas considering all the demon's are dead and the city guard is likely to be arriving afew minutes after the scene.
    The risk will be the Loss of Essa.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-26-2011 at 22:49.

Well it's pretty improbable anyway, depending on what odds we give them... you have of course played everything in Thomas' favour, including the surrounding fight but it's ok

I'll give Thomas a +2 for his rolls which makes the worst case scenario for Thomas impossible (even if Enego rolls 6 vs. 1 the +2 will make Thomas' a 3 thus the roll would be won by Enego but not decisive enough for worst case) -

The winner is the one that wins 2 out of 3 rolls.
    Should Thomas win and have 2 or more decisive rolls he can kill Enego, if he wins "normally" Enego will get away.
    If Enego wins he'll wound Thomas and will then flee, seeing there's no need to fight that many enemies.

That ok with you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDays View Post
    Well it's pretty improbable anyway, depending on what odds we give them... you have of course played everything in Thomas' favour, including the surrounding fight but it's ok
    Kinda inevitable when you let the character's creator write the story :P Especially when he's not very experienced at it and wants the character to win.
    Maybe we should have a vote next time from the other players on which which character should win or which player's writing was more entertaining
    I'll give Thomas a +2 for his rolls which makes the worst case scenario for Thomas impossible (even if Enego rolls 6 vs. 1 the +2 will make Thomas' a 3 thus the roll would be won by Enego but not decisive enough for worst case) -

The winner is the one that wins 2 out of 3 rolls.
    Should Thomas win and have 2 or more decisive rolls he can kill Enego, if he wins "normally" Enego will get away.
    If Enego wins he'll wound Thomas and will then flee, seeing there's no need to fight that many enemies.

That ok with you?
    Yeah. Though I think I have a better idea than to kill him.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-26-2011 at 22:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Kinda inevitable when you let the character's creator write the story :P.
    Maybe we should have a vote next time from the other players on which which character should win or which player's writing was more entertaining
    I thought about including a vote in the process but I think it would slow things down a bit... And I am convinced that it's possible for human beings to reach a consensus...
    I do like to have the random element included as long as there's no results involved that the characters' creators can't live with.

But you do see in my posts what I would consider doing it more fairly. I did not "assume" so much of Thomas' reactions or how effective Enego's attacks or ideas would be, but I agree it's hard to do things like this balanced. Let's just keep in mind this is about the story not about winning all the battles along the way ;)

Yeah. Though I think I have a better idea than to kill him.
    Tell me ;) I'll do the rolls in the meantime

Blog Entries

After grilling him for information I'm going to get a bunch of people to parade him around the city with a sign around his neck saying "these are the people who rule you now, are you happy with that?" and maybe I'll get afew criers to spout some anti-thirteen propaganda.
    Also I'm keeping his helmet as a souvener. And his sword's going straight into a collection I'm starting.

Oh and I'm taking one his hands, I'm sure I can hire a wizard to turn it into a voodoo doll in case he shows up again.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-26-2011 at 23:16.

Well it won't work like that, this anti-teleporting spell will not hold him forever so you kill him in battle or he'll run.

You have nothing with which you could pressure him for information. If you haven't noticed yet he actually enjoys pain and death won't make him cringe either. He's not talkative enough to spoil secrets just because he wants to scare you or anything.
    You can keep his helmet and sword and if you're really paranoid keep his hand, he won't be back though:

Here are the results:

I started with Enego since he began the battle.

Enego:

Thomas:

So with Thomas' +2 added we have: 1:6, 6:3, 2:7 - that's 2 out of 3 for Thomas, two decisive rolls, worst case against Enego

So you can go ahead and kill him ;)
    Last edited by TheLastDays; 06-26-2011 at 23:22.

Blog Entries

So you can go ahead and kill him ;)
    Oh whats the fun in just killing him?
    Well it won't work like that, this anti-teleporting spell will not hold him forever so you kill him in battle or he'll run.
    I think dimentional anchor is good for afew hours, should be long enough to get a propaganda like effect if we show his deformed face to the crowds and lopping off a leg or two to show it growing back should persuade the people of Birun that thier new overlords are demons. We're going to be wageing a semi gureilla war agaisnt the thirteen after all.
    Also I think he could be good leverage to "persuade" someone to hand over a ship, mine is pretty singed.
    You have nothing with which you could pressure him for information. If you haven't noticed yet he actually enjoys pain and death won't make him cringe either. He's not talkative enough to spoil secrets just because he wants to scare you or anything.
    I'm sure the alchemist can come up with a truth potion of some sort.
    You can keep his helmet and sword and if you're really paranoid keep his hand, he won't be back though:
    Aww, I was hoping he'd turn into a reoccuring innefectual villain. You're no fun.:P

He won't talk :P

It's already a stretch of you to just assume that the wizards spell worked on a being from the Void, a potion won't have any effect :P

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Thought I'd make a few comments on some of these posts, since this is the first time the dice have been rolled and it's a pretty pivotal moment that will shape the course of the game, behind the secnes at least.

Kinda inevitable when you let the character's creator write the story :P Especially when he's not very experienced at it and wants the character to win.
    This is perfectly natural, everyone wants their character to triumph, you just have to remember to keep it realistic and ensure you steer well clear of Gary Stu territory; I'm going to put it out there and suggest that, for the sake of your character's progression, you should give serious consideration to the death of Gilford or the loss of Essa.

If voting becomes the new way to decide combat, I have no problem with that, but I wouldn't vote were it based on the strength of someone's narrative... that's not a particularly fair or nice way to do it. As I said privately, this game is about fun, and I don't think deciding who's a better writer is part of that.

And his sword's going straight into a collection I'm starting.
    A collection of the Thirteen's phat lewts? This assumes that you're going to be around when each dies...

I think dimentional anchor is good for afew hours, should be long enough to get a propaganda like effect if we show his deformed face to the crowds and lopping off a leg or two to show it growing back should persuade the people of Birun that thier new overlords are demons.
    I think you should probably stick with the host's decision on this one; either you kill Erego or you let him go.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    This is perfectly natural, everyone wants their character to triumph, you just have to remember to keep it realistic and ensure you steer well clear of Gary Stu territory; I'm going to put it out there and suggest that, for the sake of your character's progression, you should give serious consideration to the death of Gilford or the loss of Essa.
    I've already established that essa has a big crack in it and gilford has a habit of getting sidelined. I think if I use that I can sort something out in the future to keep it from getting too repetative.

A collection of the Thirteen's phat lewts? This assumes that you're going to be around when each dies...
    Everyone needs a hobby.
    I think you should probably stick with the host's decision on this one; either you kill Erego or you let him go.
    Bah, you're all no fun!
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-27-2011 at 00:41.

Allowing your character to capture Erego would end badly for you, methinks.

The remaining Twelve would consider you a greater threat, and Vayne would probably send a stronger one of his remaining
    Lords after you. It would probably be nigh impossible to have your character remain unscathed, whether by bodily harm, Gilford's death, or
    the loss of Essa.

As TLD stated before when I created my character, the stronger we are, the stronger he makes our enemies.
    Thus, giving Thomas the power to hold one of the 13, even if its the weakest would not end well.

Of course, killing Erego would have its own repercussions as well.....
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

WEll they have to die at some point, don't they? ;)

On a related note: I have been pretty allowing in this battle since it's more part of a story and it's not really a PvP battle since one of the combatants was a story NPC. I will be more demanding of the rules should it come to real PvP situations and probably also in future NPC battles. You shouldn't be assuming too much about the effects of your attacks/spells/etc. on the other combatant. That way it usually turns into a "You hacked my hand off, I'll hack both your feet off" and if the characters don't have restorative powers we'd run out of characters soon ;)

Most of the fight should be a back and forth of fighting, pretty much displaying your own moves, leaving the reaction and effect to the other combatant. Results and lasting consequences should be dealt in the final post after the dice have fallen.

Concering the powers/strengths of the villains: Enego's supposed to be rather weak. You shouldn't expect to kill any of the other's without at least involving two PCs, even if they wield shard weapons.
    Last edited by TheLastDays; 06-27-2011 at 01:50.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thefluffyone93 View Post
    Allowing your character to capture Erego would end badly for you, methinks.

The remaining Twelve would consider you a greater threat, and Vayne would probably send a stronger one of his remaining
    Lords after you. It would probably be nigh impossible to have your character remain unscathed, whether by bodily harm, Gilford's death, or
    the loss of Essa.

As TLD stated before when I created my character, the stronger we are, the stronger he makes our enemies.
    Thus, giving Thomas the power to hold one of the 13, even if its the weakest would not end well.

Fluffy, Seon and I are still waiting on your post...
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thefluffyone93 View Post

I wasnt going to keep him as a pet or anything. Though now that you mention it...

TLD Will his corpse disintergrate or something when I kill him?

Nope, his corpse will rot like any other corpse, there's nothing you could use it for though, other than scare the **** out of Gilford if you wake him up at night...

Blog Entries

...Ok I'm convinced, I'm keeping the head until I see rufus again. That is just too funny an idea to pass up. Still I think I might use it as leverage to persuade a captain to give up his ship to me.

Still I think I might use it as leverage to persuade a captain to give up his ship to me.
    If only I was ready to unleash my second NPC upon Lassara... she'd give Thomas a nice list of places to shove that head, were he to ask for her ship.
    Last edited by Secura; 06-27-2011 at 13:50. Reason: I forgot Raina, QQ.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    If only I was ready to unleash my second NPC upon Lassara... she'd give Thomas a nice list of places to shove that head, were he to ask for her ship.
    I was thinking more of a "we just killed about 20 demons; here's the leaders head, Are you sure you want to refuse?"
    Hmm... You know I dont think I'm going to let thomas get off scot free. TLD, would the thirteen have the sort of bad boss "come back with her or not at all" mentality to enego?
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-27-2011 at 15:24.

Nah, Enego can return with anythin useful, he wouldn't return without anything but that doesn't mean he wouldn't run if you let him... or am I misunderstanding your question?

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Sheesh, khaan, you sure like to keep Secura guessing!
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Blog Entries

Nah, Enego can return with anythin useful, he wouldn't return without anything but that doesn't mean he wouldn't run if you let him... or am I misunderstanding your question?
    I mean would they give him a self destruct spell or somthing?

Well he can definitely kill himself if that's what he chooses to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Sheesh, khaan, you sure like to keep Secura guessing!
    I think the first sentence is a compliment to Tah's battle prowess, but the second... yeah.

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast