Thread: Fix CTD after battle or loading saves

Exclamation Fix CTD after battle or loading saves

Hi, comrades!

Many players complain about the CTDs after a battle or when loading saves. Comrad Julius from Imperial forum http://imtw.ru/ offered a temporary but very effective solution.
    His established that the cause of CTDs - a glitch with the quotas. He removed all the quotes and left only one. CTDs is stopped. I myself played a couple of days and had not a single CTD after many battles. Neither RS2 nor in Europe Barbarorum. I suggest this as a temporary solution - until we find the cause of the bug.

http://rghost.ru/11424321

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: Fix CTD after battle or loading saves

Great Fix! After applying this it almost never crashes after battles

Re: Fix CTD after battle or loading saves

Yes, this is very good. My game crashed several times under these conditions and after using this it works great! It even seems to run alot smoother. ( no lagging )

Now sporting a classic avatar! Member fallen851's Avatar

So, has anyone else tried this out and can confirm if it works? I'll reinstall RTW and EB if so...

This is like the most important thread in RTW history since the after battle crash effects almost every mod, and yet it has 4 posts in it...
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6eaBtzqqFA#t=1h15m33s

I'm afraid it didn't help me. Though I am running it off of BI.exe, if that matters.
    Edit: Nevermind. For silly reasons, I was running 1.1, so there's no telling if my issue was related to quotes or something else entirely.
    Last edited by Elminster12; 08-24-2012 at 19:12.
    Pontos rocks!

Default Re: Fix doesnt work for me

Hi guys,

I tried this fix but it does not work for me, still getting CTD's during loading battles and/or the campaign map. And I am running Europa Barbarorum v 1.2.

I believe the crashes, or mine at least, are a result of memory usage problems with the RTW engine.

Still worth a try though.. maybe it will work for you

Quote Originally Posted by StrategosKiwi View Post
    Hi guys,

I tried this fix but it does not work for me, still getting CTD's during loading battles and/or the campaign map. And I am running Europa Barbarorum v 1.2.

I believe the crashes, or mine at least, are a result of memory usage problems with the RTW engine.

Still worth a try though.. maybe it will work for you
    Neither of the problems you outlined (CTD's during loading battles and/or the campaign map) are supposed to be fixed with this fix...

It addresses the after battle CTD.
    Last edited by fallen851; 08-25-2012 at 22:22.
    "It's true that when it's looked at isolated, Rome II is a good game... but every time I sit down to play it, every battle, through every turn, I see how Rome I was better. Not unanimously, but ultimately." - Dr. Sane

Sorry double posted.

Quote Originally Posted by fallen851 View Post
    Neither of the problems you outlined (CTD's during loading battles and/or the campaign map) are supposed to be fixed with this fix...

It addresses the after battle CTD.
    I apologize.. I meant CTDs while loading the campaign map after the battles. I am still getting CTDs after the battle while using this fix. So it doesnt work for me sadly.

Nothing worst than barely just winning a massively heroic battle only to have a CTD afterwards!

Member thankful for this post:

Ive tried and now I never get CTDs after battles or loading to the campaign map.