Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 6.4 Hotseat - Wrath of the Khan 2

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Default Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Hotseat - Wrath of the Khan 2

They definitely get a speed increase. When I tried out the Turks on VH battles the enemy bodyguard was overtaking my own on the map

I actually don't really like this feature so in future SS hotseats I'll likely be setting the battles to H instead. On the plus side it means the days of using a few horse to take a fully defended castle are at least partly over. We'll see what happens when my Mongol HA armies come up against someone they have to actually fight.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

kwarezmians up!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=205&id=9412

Two castles were liberated from Novgorod, and a city from Lithuania.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

is myth back on? or should i sub him again?

He's back I think

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Are you sure, I was pretty sure that units only got stat increases in RTW, but that in M2TW it was only "ai increases."
    Nightbringer is correct. The AI DOES NOT get stat increases due to difficulty level. The only bonuses are to morale. Playing the battles on hard will not affect speed of units or their attack and defense numbers. Those have been adjusted in the EDU. The increased morale the AI gets in very hard enables its units to last longer in a battle instead of breaking & routing. Try it yourself in custom battles. Use the same units (use only one for each side) & factions both times. Watch how quickly the AI breaks on medium-esp. if you kill it's captain. Then try very hard. You will see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by LooseCannon1 View Post
    Nightbringer is correct. The AI DOES NOT get stat increases due to difficulty level. The only bonuses are to morale. Playing the battles on hard will not affect speed of units or their attack and defense numbers. Those have been adjusted in the EDU. The increased morale the AI gets in very hard enables its units to last longer in a battle instead of breaking & routing. Try it yourself in custom battles. Use the same units (use only one for each side) & factions both times. Watch how quickly the AI breaks on medium-esp. if you kill it's captain. Then try very hard. You will see the difference.
    I could have sworn there was a difference in the speed on VH vs H but I stand corrected.

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

The SS forums confirm there is a speed bonus. The enemy gets super cav. I've even seen spar militia catching up to my GB unit UPHILL. I'ts just done in a way that you can't remove it even if you lower the difficutly setting, that's what it means. Difficulty means extra morale for the AI, all the other stuff is scripted in SS. I can confirm that the enemy cav is much stronger - the Moorsish otherwise sub-par desert cav will uberstomp Portugal early on. But if you play AS the Moors and try charging those knights with your camels you will get manhandled by them.

If you don't believe me, go play as the Turks, Hungary or Venice vs the Byzantines in Early. Wait until the 4th Lateran Council so they can get Scholarii and tell me if the enemy Scholarii aren't all T-1000 terminators that eat your troops alive.

Oh, and I'll play all my turns tonight, i didn't sleep at my place last night.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Scholarii.
    Aargh - they eat my Turks alive

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    The SS forums confirm there is a speed bonus. The enemy gets super cav. I've even seen spar militia catching up to my GB unit UPHILL. I'ts just done in a way that you can't remove it even if you lower the difficutly setting, that's what it means. Difficulty means extra morale for the AI, all the other stuff is scripted in SS. I can confirm that the enemy cav is much stronger - the Moorsish otherwise sub-par desert cav will uberstomp Portugal early on. But if you play AS the Moors and try charging those knights with your camels you will get manhandled by them.

If you don't believe me, go play as the Turks, Hungary or Venice vs the Byzantines in Early. Wait until the 4th Lateran Council so they can get Scholarii and tell me if the enemy Scholarii aren't all T-1000 terminators that eat your troops alive.

Oh, and I'll play all my turns tonight, i didn't sleep at my place last night.
    There is NO speed bonus based on difficulty level. The line move_speed_mod has been usable since Kingdoms came out. In 6.4 scholarii are set to .9 which is slow for knights. Only greek bodyguards(.85) are slower. Yes they will run down infantry but they should. i've seen infantry CHARGE faster than knights walk, but not when knights are running. The AI is quicker in changing from walk to run to charge than we are. That's the machine's advantage.

One unit of heavy spears with two units of naffatun will eat scholarii when used properly. Can you say TOASTY?

Denmark.

1. if you read carefully you will see that I confrim that only morale goes up with difficutly.
    2. The AI does get a speed bonus and Scholarii's base speed has nothing to do with the subject.
    3. Scholarii stalemate Lancers and Gothic Knights and are available 20 turns into a game even with RR on. I think that's enough to make them OP.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Scholarii should be extremely powerful, they can only be recruited rarely in one city, and have an extremely long replenish rate, plus they are the cream of the crop of Byzantine cavalry. I think the way they are portrayed is great, a superb unit that is hard to come by so you must use it in only the most crucial of battles. Lancers and Gothic knights can be rectruited like mad when they become available.

Also, I'm sorry Myth but there is no speed bonus. I just went and checked it in the game and on VH I was able to match the speed of the ai's knights with a matching unit of my own. I think you must be thinking of some mod besides SS.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Denmark's turn is done, The Fatimid Caliphate's up.

Myth, do you mind subbing for Zim?

Not at all. Send me the info, as i said in UotI i have to sub him there as well. I'll also do my GA turn tonight. But i'm going to a BD prty tonight so if I can't make it, I will do all three turns tomorow (if that's ok)

Ze Cumans. I must say I have no idea what Zim's intentions were for WotK. I suspect the AI diplomacy and unit positioning is still in effect. Still I won't be attacking anyone as of now. Not sure If herding all of Zim's armies (truly immeasurable they are!) towards the Mongolians won't be considered cheating on my part since he didn't tell me to do it.

Oh, also anyone BUT Monkey, please read the message in the super secret anti-mongol Group! I have a nefarious plan!
    Last edited by Myth; 08-23-2011 at 22:08.

Odds are in the Cumans's favour... to die.

Bring it on phonics!

Horde of the Monkey....

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jpf0ai

Seljuks!

Mongol bodycount: 50,204
    (43,313 Civilians and 6,891 Enemy Combatants)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Knight of the Crusade Member Thanatos Eclipse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    Mongol bodycount: 50,204
    (43,313 Civilians and 6,891 Enemy Combatants)
    This is a relief, I was thinking on your previous post that you were just counting the soldiers...which was......
    For Rome! Got Rome!!
    For the Admiral!

I thought it would be more fun to count the dead civilians as well.

Actually I'm wondering how I'm going to make this work - the Khwazies seem to have a lot of armies...and my reinforcements take a while in between drinks...

France up
    Attached Files Attached Files

Knight of the Crusade Member Thanatos Eclipse's Avatar

Roman Empire

WotK2_Rome_T4.zip
    For Rome! Got Rome!!
    For the Admiral!

Lightbulb Re: Stainless Steel 6.4 Hotseat - Wrath of the Khan 2

England :)

WoTK_England_T4.sav

Myth, I think I broke this rule, I'm really sorry.

Armies that are defeated in battle may not be attacked on the following turn, as they are banned from moving, either by the game mechanics or by the rule above. They must be allowed to move first, or must be reinforced. If the defeated army retreats to a settlement or fort, this rule does not apply.
    I attacked some armies (small odds and ends ones) that I had defeated already last turn. Killed a total of about 450 guys of yours. Captains Nizameddin, Rauf and another one who fled back to Embi.

I just realised. Do you want me to replay or is there another way I can make it up to you as so many other people have played since?

should i wait?

or ill just play the turn?

I think we should wait until Myth responds

No big deal Carry on! Though if we make a WOTK 3 i definitely think that the Mongols should come LAST in the turn order, not the K-Shah.

Sorry again Myth and of course I won't attack them next turn..

Rougeman, go ahead mate!

byzantines
    Last edited by Rougeman; 11-20-2012 at 12:23.

give me a slight extension guys im short on time today. just did some battles and already lost way too many troops on those freaking norman knights and even more troops in some easy siege battles coz i felt like just hurrying the thing up. but just rushing the siege isnt working since any infantry inside of a settlement is slaughtering my men like crazy. this knight infantry and any european mounted knight is outdoing my units in double digits. and in any of the siege battles the computer took all his units to the center spot so there pretty much is no charging and any unit fights to death. never seen two horse units almost being complety messed up by 2 remaining general bodyguards. damn. whoever was amping up the computer brain did a good job there. and theres another huge siege battle ahead that surly lasts half and hour if im doing it right and i better am doing it right as this fortress is packed. so either later today if i was making it back to my crib again or tomorrow. thx
    Last edited by Myth; 08-27-2012 at 20:08. Reason: manners please
    Most Dope Fresh Artist Out There

DraMatiQue

www.datpiff.com/DraMatiQue-Kill-The-Game-Mixtape.429536.html

Free Mixtape Download

ok mate.

Sounds like the AI is helping me out!

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast