Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Commentarii de Bello Gallico

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Commentarii de Bello Gallico

Suebi, prepare! The new year will be much trouble to us! We are facing potenial invasions from foes, we must be ready to fight and prevail!

The Treverni have nothing to fear with me on their side! You people - the Subei and the Nervii - will face destruction if you dare attack us!

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Already you act as if we are your enemies - but to this point my people have spoken of nothing but peace. We feel betrayed by our fellow Belgic tribes, a deep betrayal made worse by the recent knowledge that, according to sources who I trust beyond doubt, you have acted in a hostile manner in relation to the hiring and use of spies and scum, or to be more accurate, despicable men who have no aim but to bring death to certain individuals. If we had brought death upon your leaders and people, Eburones leader, would you not burn with a sense of justice and, to the side, of confusion? As fellow Belgic tribesmen, our sense of culture will perhaps unite us long enough to investigate this horrid issue on neutral grounds, and solve it permeantly, lest war brings unwanted ruin upon all our lands.

Once again, what we ask for is peace. Another sense of justice which is also misplaced, I suspect, but we question the Eburones leader and his motives and reasons for ill-wishing upon my people and our culture? If need be, we would happily, as a anxious and concerned people, ask that a third party be brought in to investigate the rumours that my would-be assasain is a stooge of your leaders, though this investigation is not a form of accusation but rather worried curiosity. Would not one of the famed Aedui or Roman generals grace our capitals for several days and investigate this matter?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warluster View Post
    Already you act as if we are your enemies - but to this point my people have spoken of nothing but peace. We feel betrayed by our fellow Belgic tribes, a deep betrayal made worse by the recent knowledge that, according to sources who I trust beyond doubt, you have acted in a hostile manner in relation to the hiring and use of spies and scum, or to be more accurate, despicable men who have no aim but to bring death to certain individuals. If we had brought death upon your leaders and people, Eburones leader, would you not burn with a sense of justice and, to the side, of confusion? As fellow Belgic tribesmen, our sense of culture will perhaps unite us long enough to investigate this horrid issue on neutral grounds, and solve it permeantly, lest war brings unwanted ruin upon all our lands.

Once again, what we ask for is peace. Another sense of justice which is also misplaced, I suspect, but we question the Eburones leader and his motives and reasons for ill-wishing upon my people and our culture? If need be, we would happily, as a anxious and concerned people, ask that a third party be brought in to investigate the rumours that my would-be assasain is a stooge of your leaders, though this investigation is not a form of accusation but rather worried curiosity. Would not one of the famed Aedui or Roman generals grace our capitals for several days and investigate this matter?

And would anyone else who owns me responses please reply to me (Thank you Warluster) because I be off for a few days and I won't be back online until Thursday, the day of the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Warluster View Post
    If need be, we would happily, as a anxious and concerned people, ask that a third party be brought in to investigate the rumours that my would-be assasain is a stooge of your leaders, though this investigation is not a form of accusation but rather worried curiosity. Would not one of the famed Aedui or Roman generals grace our capitals for several days and investigate this matter?
    The Aedui will gladly take up this call. I will personally march north and investigate these strange happenings. Let it be known, too, Ariovistus, that I will be bringing troops with me... so your wanton aggression into Gaul will not be tolerated! This is what the Gaulic League is about!

Blog Entries

Whatever floats your boat Aedui .

Everyone have their orders in? I know my brother (Ebunoes) will send his in ASAP today .

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

Nothing is going on without the Romani!

Well, I will be gone for holiday from Monday for two weeks. Completely offline!! Hope I can have a look on your orders before I leave!

Blog Entries

I hope so! I'm getting inpatient for Chapter 1 already!

I am still waiting for orders from
    Arverni (AggonyDuck),
    Sequani (The Celtic Viking),
    Sotiates (MrStuka),
    Allebroges (Ignoramus)
    and all Romans (Kage and legates)

Franc, you will be getting Roman orders on saturday the latest. There has been quite the thought process going on as off late, before i can make my moves.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

OOC: How do I conduct diplomacy again? I believe I have to recruit diplomats from other Org members, is this correct?

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

That or one PM per turn...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    That or one PM per turn...
    How about Steam?

I just can't wait for the chapter 1, that's all.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

I'm sorry guys, but I haven't had much time over for this game, and I will have even less time over now that my responsibilities elsewhere have unexpectedly increased. I'm going to have to pull out of this; I hope this doesn't cause you too much problem. (And I apologize once again for the delays I've already caused.)
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 08-19-2011 at 17:13.

So we lost the chief of the Remi and the Sequani. (Sigh!)

Blog Entries

Maybe it's a good thing I lost one of my rivals !

Blog Entries

Fran on vacation now I guess ?

Blog Entries

When will the chapter be up Fran?

Im sure he is on vacation.I have long since sent my orders and i hope everyone else has done the same.
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Blog Entries

He logged into sometime Kagemusha, so hopefully the chapter will be hot off the presses soon !

I returned from my trip to the sunny Mediterranean Sea to the rainy forrests of continental Europe.
    The bloodbath can start. I already began to write. The dices are thrown, just wait a moment and you will see how they fell!

Blog Entries

God help me!

Blog Entries

I'm going to be gone until Monday morning! Please be safe all!

From now on the Remi shall be ruled by Swordsmaster.
    SM is wellknown for beiing an excellent strategist! So better watch out!

Hail to the new Remi Chief!

Autumn 58

Traditionally, autumn is the time of harvest and warfare. And also this autumn, after the harvest was done, several chiefs mobilized their warriors to go on the war path. However, war did not exceed normal level.

Britannia

The young chief “The Bren” of the Catuvellauni burned from ambitions. All summer long he had been announcing his intentions to invade the Trivobantes and started his campaign as soon as the harvest was done. Trivobantes had enough time to prepare themselves, making a pact with their southern neighbour, the Cantae, or Cantii, how they were sometimes called. In a hard campaign with two battles, the Bren succeeded to submit his enemies, see extra post. He controls the southeast of Britannia now.
    Although not all Catuvellauni were enthused by the war, victory raised the popularity of the Bren to 130% (100% is the initial value, a value which represents a solid power base).

Southern, Central and Eastern Celtica

Suebi caused a war against the Treveri, in which many other tribes were involved. The Suebi blamed the Treveri for murdering their agents and prepared for war. The Treveri had enough time to gather their army and to negotiate with other tribes.
    Finally Ariovist began to invade the country. However, the Suebi force was rather small and the Suebi King divided his troops along the entire frontier. Therefore, the Treveri decided to attack him even before their allies, the Eburones, would arrive. The Suebi suffered a hard defeat and had to rush home. When the Eburones finally arrived in the combat zone, they broke their pact with the Treveri and attacked them without warning. When reinforcements arrived, they retreated and marched home again. Later, Arverni troops arrived helped Treveri to keep order.
    While Ariovist was still fighting the Treveri, the Sequani took the chance to invade the Suebi territory, which they still see as Sequani land. After some initial victories, the Sequani were repelled by a Suebi army.

Aedui
    Aedui call all Celtic tribes to an alliance. Although the interest is low, so far, the Suebi war could change this rapidly.The careful engagement in the war pleased the tribesmen. Popularity grew to 110%.

Arverni
    Arverni kept passive this turn. Although most of the tribesmen supported this policy, the Arverni are worried about what is going on around them. Popularity of their leader decreases to 95%.

Suebes
    Many tribesmen were not pleased about the alliance with the Romans. Most supported the campaign against the Treveri, but it was executed deficiently. This lead to the first defeat of Suebi troops on at Celtica. Although the invasion of the Sequani could be repelled, the territory of the Suebi is now encircled by enemies and food is running short. First families already decided to cross the river and to return home.
    Popularity dropped to 75%.

Belgica

The war of the Suebes at the southern border of Belgica attracted also the attention of the tribes here. All besides the Eburones kept passive, though. The Suessiones declared that they will support the Treveri in case that there will be more hostilities.

Eburones
    Although casualties were only moderate, the campaign against their former allies was a complete disaster. Popularity fell to 85%.

Remi
    Remi did not care about the wars in the south. They were busy electing a new chief. First action of the new chief was to call the senate and introduce reforms like having a permanent army, duties for all farmers regarding providing armed horsemen, setting up a permanent personal guard for the king. Senate listened to his plans, many seemed to be furious and some even put their hands on their swords. When the new chief talked about his plans about the size of the army and its equipment, the senators burst out laughing. An old senator with much influence raised and called for silence. Then he said: "Young chief, when I listened to your talking, I thought that you were truly trying to violate the right of our free warriors. I was just about to remind you, that we are not slaves like the Romans, and that you are only first among equals. But when I finally hear about your plans to equip our soldiers, I realized, that you were fooling us. In the whole world there is not enough metal for all this armour. Nor horses for your plans. I have to admit, that you fooled all of us and want to congratulate for your sense of humour."
    Again, laughter raised and the senators left the meeting and returned to their villages, telling stories about the foolish new chief.
    Popularity: 95%

Nervi
    At the great meeting the chief of the Nervi was the only Celtic chief to show support for the Suebi. After the meeting, he also blamed the Treveri for killing his agents. Nevertheless, he did not declare war nor mobilized his army.
    Instead he began to build a huge large hut in his tribal capital and invites the Atrebates, Menapii, Viromandui, Remi and Eburones to discuss the issues of a military and trade pact, as well as issues surrounding the Belgic lands.

My final request is to have a fantastic, large hut created within the tribal capital, where I will host a meeting of all Belgic tribal leaders (on invitation) where we will Invited will be the Atrebates, Menapii, Viromandui, Remi and Eburones. We will be discussing open borders, free trade and the idea of a informal military alliance - also the strengthening of tribal bonds is hoped for!

I mainly intend not to completely invade the Treverii, though Warman does, but once the plot to kill the messenger is completed I will only stir internal controversy and question it publicly - once this is all over hopefully a large majority of Eburones land will be mine, and I will intend to pursue stronger ties with the Gauls.

Provincia Narbonensis

J.C. called his troops back to their home bases, where they prepared for the winter.

Allobroges
    Allobroges were glad that they were not involved in any fighting. Popularity raised to 105%.

Aquitani, Western and Northern Celtica

Venetes
    Their ships opened up their trade with the Romans to the south. Venetes were far from the trouble of the north or west. Popularity 105%.

Sotiates
    Sotiates were far from the trouble of the north or west. Popularity 105%.
    Details about the campaigns will follow. As well as numbers of food!

Ariovist
    During summer, worrying news came from the River Rhenus: thousands of German Suebes were crossing the river with their families. This, of course, alarmed their neighbors, as the Sequani were the example, how fast one could lose his country even if one is allied with the Suebi. Soon it came out, that none of the Celtic tribes was willing to cooperate with the Suebi, only the Nervii, also with German roots, showed some sympathy. Therefore, it was a logical consequence of the Suebi King Ariovist to look for another strong ally and he found it in the Roman proconsul.
    This alliance was accompanied with threats against the Treveri, and when Ariovist blamed them for murdering a Suebi agent, the Treveri knew that it was time to prepare for war. They send diplomats to all Belgian tribes as well as to the southern neighbors.
    Now it is autumn and with the first falling leaves comes the message to the Treveri capitol, that the Suebi crossed the borders and invade the land. The Treveri, though, are well prepared and ready to field 30,000 men, among them 2,000 men of the finest cavalry. Also they send messengers to the Eburones, their friends and allies, which already gave the promise to help them in case of an invasion.
    Treveri cavalry is send out to investigate the deployment of the enemy. They reported that the Suebi had about 16,000 men spread in small groups all along the frontier. These groups distribute fear and dead on their way, foraging off the Treveri land, killing any able body male over 21 and sending the captured women and children to the land of the Suebi.
    Hearing this, the warlord of the Treveri decides to change his plans and to attack the Suebi before his allies arrived. Chances are good, as the battle force of the Treveri is twice as strong. The Treveri leave 4,000 at their capitol. Their plan is to hit the Suebi before they can gather their force. So they move as fast as possible against the enemy and soon the Suebi groups in the centre are faced with a mighty Treveri battle force. They try to find their sake in flight and so the two wings of the Suebi were isolated. Treveri divide their warriors in two equal troops, each attacking one group of Suebi. Outnumbered, isolated in small groups and constantly attacked by the superior Treveri cavalry, the Suebi have no choice but to retreat homewards. Ariovist, their King, tries to coordinate the warriors, but the Treveri cavalry cut off all communication lines.
    After the victory against the Suebi, the Treveri stopp to wait for the Eburones allies. Those come two weeks later, 11,000 men under their chief marching along the Rhenus and finally hitting the camp of the northern Treveri battle group. Those are happy to see their allies coming, but then happens what seems to be the most heinous betrayal men has ever heard of. The Eborunes attack their unsuspecting allies and slaughter them during night. Some escape, though, and alarm the southern group, which comes in a forced march. However, when they approach the battle field, the Eburones are already gone. As soon as they heard that the Suebi are defeated and had to return home, they turn around and run home as soon as possible. The Treveri cancel their planned campaign against the Suebi. They gather their troops at their capitol and lick their wounds.
    However, that is not all, that happens in the west. A force of Audui warriors marches along the Suebi border. When they march through the Vosges, they find the way blocked by 5,000 Suebi warriors. Although the Aedui have superior numbers, their leader decides to avoid combat and returns home.
    The Sequani also mobilize their army and invade the Suebi territory with about 20,000 warriors. A small force of some thousand Suebi tries to slow their advance but is soon defeated. The Suebi mobilize their reserves as soon as possible and are finally able to field an army of 15,000 just in time to stop the Sequani from capturing their capitol. In a furious battle the Suebi manage to repel the Sequani army, which returns home, burning every farm and field on their way back home.

Blog Entries

I was just thinking about this last night about holes in my plan. Oh dear lord. Is of no matter. .

Warman is just full of supirses! ()

OoC: Nice readings! Ouch for the Swebozez...

Blog Entries

In the catipoil of the Suebi,Ariovist has just arrived home with a few hundred warriors of his advance guard. They are utterly shocked by the faliure of their once believed strong battle plan. They are disappointed that the Nervii did not help in the invasion although Ariovist figured they would not help anyhow in the actual attack until much later if it succed. He gathered by his main tent and a crowd of war weary people gathered to him him Speak.....

Ariovist; PEOPLE OF THE SUEBI!!!! DO NOT WORRY!!!! Yes, we are deafeted in battle.... but only for now! Yes.... The Nervii did not help take the pressure off of us by attacking the Treverni, but the Ebunoes killed a great deal of our foe! They, like the Romans, are worthy of our respect! We will bounce back to destroy these Treverni pigs and these Sequani dogs! They think they can kill our families? THey do.... But what they don't know is we are the SUEBI. We do not surrender easily, and I will never give up on my people. I was serving with your sons,fathers,brothers,uncles out in the field....

I ask you all not to leave the tribe.... Do you think you are safer out there then in the tribe? The chances of all being killed or injured is much greater. Stay here my people, we will rise up, and come Spring.... replant our farms and kill the enemy!

(The crowd chants Ariovist's name as he goes into his tent for rest)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast