View Poll Results: Which speech do you like the most?

Voters
21. This poll is closed

2 9.52%

0 0%

0 0%

3 14.29%

0 0%

3 14.29%

5 23.81%

7 33.33%

1 4.76%

0 0%

0 0%

Thread: Pre-battle speech contest: vote

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Default Pre-battle speech contest: vote

The vote is open. The winner will be determined by popular vote. Please look past any grammatical or spelling mistakes, not every member is a native English speaker.
    The poll will stay open until Saturday 24 September.

1. Men The hojo over there are just stone masons not warriors although they act like them they have no houner no skills with the sword nor no skills in diplomacy for that matter so for that reason we are here to wipe them off these lands and Rid japan of dishounerable clan as I have watched them for years so we can destroy there ugly castles that dot the landscape now that's enough talking ADVANCE!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. I will tell you one thing!You are Takeda!And no one will take your identity away!Fight on the battlefield like a true takeda men does!For once we crush the Oda peasants!No one stands in our way!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3. today, we will fight the Shingen clan. their numbers are great, their position heavily entrenched, and arquebuses powerful. you can follow me if you like. or you can choose to stay here. I don't care. I will charge into their positions and I will defeat them. But either way, I will expect you to watch me take it-alone! arrows will bounce off me! the lead balls will swerve away from me! their Katanas and yaris will snap and dissolve way before my flesh!
    But if you follow me, I expect you to do your duty. If I advance, follow me. If I run, you can kill me. And If I fall, you must avenge me! FORWARD!!!
    4. My brave and honorable men, today we have a great opportunity to crush our vile enemies at last.
    We have them exactly where we want them!
    In the night they have moved and have us surrounded, the fools, so now we can kill them in all directions.
    Further, there are three for each of you. They make it too easy!
    I had been hoping for ten, myself.
    They expect us to sit here and await their onslaught of arrows.
    The last thing they will expect is out devastating attack.
    They are at our mercy!
    Therefore, on…to victory!
    5. “Today, soldiers, I will ride into battle with you. Like all men, I have a fear of dying at the back of my mind – if that was not so, I would be either a monster or a liar.
    But I have one fear that is greater still and that is the fear that I might disgrace myself in this battle today. I must embrace death one day – so I would rather do it now serving my clan, than to live another 20 years of an insignificant and meaningless life after loosing this battle.”
    6. To all who came, congrats. To all who didn't come, also congrats. Err... The opposition is numerous, brave, spirited and battle hardened. They wear their armour proudly and are armed to the teeth. But we err....we've got swords as well. So while many of you die for the sake of my glory and entertainment, you can do so knowing I'll be safe. I forgot to save my game, so you basterds will give me victory, you will kill them all. And err... remember if you lose, I will impale all of you and your children. No I will wait until your children have children and then impale them. And their children. I haven't bought this new fancy helmet for nothing. Though most likely they will win. See it as challenge. Perhaps we'll have some luck, eh chaps? So err... well... Lets get dangerous!

For my personal glory, men... charge!
    7. I have fought many battles, all of them with my invisible bunny by my side. Argh! These headaches! Like shooting beams of light in my forehead. You know what would make your general feel better? If you killed those men over there. Follow my bunny to victory, to death, to the afterlife and to glory! Then we will eat cherries and I will sing you the songs my mama used to sing.
    8. Centuries have now passed since your bloodlines weaved into the sinews that created this clan under Bushido.
    My forefathers bore witness to your ancestors' rise.
    Our banners became known as harbingers for the murders of crows that fed upon our rivals' lineage.
    Now, I will be in your midst to bear witness to the way You'll spend that inheritance.

Should you be a zealot for duty, I will have led you in the place to fullfil it.
    Should you be seething with rage, I will have been your chronicler.
    Should your death be sudden, I will have written your death poem.

Thus leave me the burden of your tale and carve a legacy in the storm of war.
    Will Our blood heritage have seeped into the earth by sunset, or will our Foes have beheld their last dawn?
    Let their flesh and steel clash with our ravens and Hate!
    9. Tonight is a glorious feast for the Demon-King as our fallen foes shall make a banquet that lines the feasting table of the underworld itself. Our fallen heroes shall seat behind him during our glorious triumph as they suffer the wrath of facing against fate itself!
    10. Men of the Tokugawa, today is the final battle. But not for us. Today we will crush the Takeda. Takeda Shingen is dead, killed by our sniper and tables are turned. The Takeda still have their cavalry… But now we finally have the numbers and the position to slaughter them. And what’s more, the Tokugawa have you, men. Men, you fought like tigers to defend the land of our ancestors, your families and honour. Together we fell many times but we always rose to be stronger and bigger. And our time has come again! Do you see the red banners of the Takeda? Do you hear the war drums? Hold your positions! Prepare your swords, spears and teppos! And let’s teach the Takeda bastards a final lesson
    Last edited by Peasant Phill; 09-16-2011 at 08:01.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Default Re: Pre-battle speech contest: vote

Ahahahahahahaha the bunny XD

PS: 3 and 11 are the same entry :)

Blog Entries

Vote for me i have cookies :P. i wonder who is going to win

Oh, this is going to be tougher than I thought. Good entries!
    This space intentionally left blank

Blog Entries

I voted for myself :D

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are we having much votes? That is the only issue, I only saw it when I saw the title above the mead hall otherwise I wouldn't have known about it myself as I usually never go near this place. Perhaps an announcement if it wasn't done?
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

The number of votes is reasonable. I posted that the vote was open in every thead I made about this contest and I published an new topic on the main page.

I'm going to do a new round this evening just to please you Beskar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.