Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: The March of Time - A Stainless Steel 6.4 hotseat

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Default Re: The March of Time - A Stainless Steel 6.4 hotseat

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    I have asked a neutral party to investigate this game to see if there has been any rule breaking here and whether anyone has been disadvantaged. I'll report back on that.

In the meantime, Swabia will be turned AI.
    We'll know more before the next Swabian turn comes up.
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 08-31-2012 at 11:15.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Triple post. woohoo

England is up, @Zim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Could not Mith take over?
    We need Swabia bad!
    I could but it would not be fair. We have no way of reliably checking how "broken" the faction is. As a TW player you know how much of a difference a single hex of unit movement can make. Or 100 gold. Or a unit of cav. Now multiply this by an uknown amount - that's how overpowered can Venice be at the moment. Nothing can be taken for granted with this faction. The only way to play it would be to turn 2/3 of it's provinces rebel and disband 2/3 of the stacks. If this was done I'd give it a try.

I will give you more information after our internal discussions are over and after the MoT game has been thoroughly checked for further rule breaking.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

That serious? Dang...

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Hi guys,

just to let you know that I will be away from the keyboard for about a week now, returning on Monday 10th September.

Have a good week and keep clean and cheerful
    Nigel

Ill sub you as always ;) @Nigel
    Fingers crossed i still have ur PW

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Say, just checking in. I know I'm up (and half a day late no less). Is it ok to continue or were we holding while things are resolved?
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

@Zim, let's kick on for now

@Zim, let's kick on for now
    Hell yea!

Lets DO THIS!

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

The foul and Evil Danish Empire continues its relentless march.

@Nightbringer
    Moors

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=279&id=10269
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

I must announce that RexLegend will no longer be participating in this game as Denmark. This is because he made use of money cheats to boost Denmark's income.
    It has also been discovered that slysnake made use of money cheats in this game as well.Meaning the Venice has been severely boosted as well.

I must now ask the rest of the players. Shall we continue the game?

The cheating that has occurred has surely drastically altered the direction this game has taken.

We could try giving back all the settlements that have taken from others, and turning them ai, but their sudden absence would surely break the balance of power in the game.
    It is unlikely to take more than a few turns before I reach the victory conditions against ai opponents only.

So, shall we continue? Or should we move on to new games.
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 09-06-2012 at 15:20.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    I must announce that RexLegend will no longer be participating in this game as Denmark. This is because he made use of money cheats to boost Denmark's income.
    It has also been discovered that slysnake made use of money cheats in this game as well.Meaning the Venice has been severely boosted as well.

I must now ask the rest of the players. Shall we continue the game?

The cheating that has occurred has surely drastically altered the direction this game has taken.

We could try giving back all the settlements that have taken from others, and turning them ai, but their sudden absence would surely break the balance of power in the game.
    It is unlikely to take more than a few turns before I reach the victory conditions against ai opponents only.

So, shall we continue? Or should we move on to new games.
    Don't you still need Jerusalem to win via Grand Campaign VCs?

I propose reducing Denmark to Scandinavia/Hamburg, culling their armies by 2/3 and giving the faction to the former Norwegian player. Do the same thing with Venice and give it to the Polish player.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Don't you still need Jerusalem to win via Grand Campaign VCs?

I propose reducing Denmark to Scandinavia/Hamburg, culling their armies by 2/3 and giving the faction to the former Norwegian player. Do the same thing with Venice and give it to the Polish player.
    No, I don't need Jerusalem. I have met every victory condition except province number, which I was one away from at the end of my last turn.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Declare NB the winner and move on i say

I really wanted to beat Phonic in an outright war however, weve hardly even begun :(

I'm done with this game. The cheating has left me sick to my stomach and I have no appetite to continue because everything is so messed up.

I think the fairest outcome is a joint victory for me and NB, because I think I've been the most disadvantaged by the cheating, but I'm really past caring now.

I'm done with this game. The cheating has left me sick to my stomach and I have no appetite to continue because everything is so messed up.

I think the fairest outcome is a joint victory for me and NB, because I think I've been the most disadvantaged by the cheating, but I'm really past caring now.
    Well, I would say zim and degaura perhaps suffered the worst, with you probably a bit ahead of me.

But I don't see much point in trying to sort everything out.
    I do need about 4 provinces now after the last turn of Denmark, but those will come in only a couple of turns, and that will give me a victory by conquest from SS itself.

I would be willing to continue for fun, but as to actual victory conditions it is pretty much a forgone conclusion. phonics and myself are not in competition, we have aided each-other, and we have no reason whatsoever to go against each-other now. It just wouldn't make sense with how we have played this whole game so far. Even if there are no formal allied victory conditions, I think we could let it stand as a gentleman's agreement.

As I said though, I am willing to continue if others want to, although I would prefer to get new games going.

I have an interesting idea for a game where crusades could actually be used. I won't go into much detail, but the concept would be only catholic factions are playable. While restrictive, it would put everyone on equals terms as to crusading, and could really change the game up a lot with everyone trying to stay clean with the pope so as to not be destroyed by a crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    Well, I would say zim and degaura perhaps suffered the worst, with you probably a bit ahead of me.
    Yeah the whole game is now suspect, that's for sure. Everyone who bordered either venice or denmark has been directly or indirectly affected to a larger or smaller degree. It's impossible to know when the cheating started and to what extent it directly affected anyone's chances but from my own experience I was surprised at the continual stream of conveniently strong armies appearing on the balkan front to slow my advance, after my initial invasion was so successful. I just put it down to good preparation on slysnake's part but in hindsight I really think I would have swept him away if he'd been playing fairly.

Hi guys, I am back to play, but - oh dear - the news in MoT did not get much better.

Seeing what has happened, I would not object to bringing this game to a rapid conclusion. It is like Nightbringer says: with the departure of both the Danish and the Swabian player, a mayor power block has collapsed and now the debris of their empires lie there, ready for the Moors to pick up as easy booty.

The outcome is very predictable now and the only question of any interest is how many provinces Kiev and the Fatimids can still steal from each other or who will hold Constantinople when the final turns ends.

But that’s for Phonicsmonkey and Mithridate to decide if it is worth playing it out. For my part, Lithuania has reached the height of its expansion as much as is reasonable and actually did much better than I could ever hope for in my first game.

So I am happy to play on if that’s what people want to do, but if we can bring this game to a somewhat decent conclusion, that’s fine by me, too.

So just to check again, does anyone oppose calling this game a win for myself and phonicsmonkey?

Nope, and congratulations to you both. You deserved it.

Congratulations @Nightbringer and @phonicsmonkey, for a well deserved victory.
    You had a good alliance going there, even without ever formally deciding to have one.
    And thanks to @Mithridate, my adversary who turned into my most reliable partner.

Is anyone doing a "closing write-up" in the in-character thread?
    If not, I may have a go at it, when I get the time during next week.

Thanks Nigel, and feel free to have at the in-character write up. I look forward to reading it. And just so you know, me and phonics did have a formal alliance, we just weren't terribly vocal about how closely together we were working. :)

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223