Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The March of Time - A Stainless Steel 6.4 hotseat

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Default Re: The March of Time - A Stainless Steel 6.4 hotseat

Quote Originally Posted by deguerra View Post
    It does create another financial issue for me though.
    It's amazing what you can do with the console
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Hi phonics, is the HRE available, or Genoa?

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

both are - which would you like? have you looked at the save with the starting position?

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    wait up, I'm going to see if we can resolve it without replaying since so many others have had their turn since.

Everyone, did anyone else forget about the grace period? Pipe up now please if so.
    wait, oops, I completely forgot about not recruiting troops on the first turn. I played as though it was only not attacking other players. I can easily disband those troops I did recruit as it wasn't that many, but I am very sorry for this. I have been really busy lately and just wasn't thinking.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Ok, I think I'd like to take Genoa if I may.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    wait, oops, I completely forgot about not recruiting troops on the first turn. I played as though it was only not attacking other players. I can easily disband those troops I did recruit as it wasn't that many, but I am very sorry for this. I have been really busy lately and just wasn't thinking.
    If this is going to cause a problem for anyone please pm me and I'll see what I can do to sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus View Post
    Ok, I think I'd like to take Genoa if I may.
    Your inbox is full :)

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Having recruited units on the first turn creates problems. Even if such are now disbanded and the players refunded via admin console, they will loose their recruitment pools. RR/RC even when turned off in the SS launcher, still sets built-in limits to the unit pools. Basically those factions that did this would be weaker.

In regards to Genoa being human controlled - i picked Sicilly hecaused i expected the ERE and Genoa to be AI lead. Changing the balance in my region post-factum is something i'd like to avoid if possible.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Basically those factions that did this would be weaker.
    A price they pay for having ignored the grace period - doesn't seem too unreasonable does it? Unless you have a better idea as to how to straighten this out?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    In regards to Genoa being human controlled - i picked Sicilly hecaused i expected the ERE and Genoa to be AI lead. Changing the balance in my region post-factum is something i'd like to avoid if possible.
    I'm sorry Myth but I said all along that Igno could join any time. Also you sent me your top three preferences and you didn't know at that point which faction you would get or which Igno would pick, so it's not quite accurate to say you picked Sicily on that basis.

In fact I always make it a rule that players can join at any time, it makes the game more interesting and for the Throne Room to be successful we must be inclusive and involve people if they are interested in playing.

Actually I picked the Fatimids thinking the Kwarezm were going to be AI-controlled and I would be able to gobble up all their lands, but it didn't stop me from letting Silver join the game.
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 10-29-2011 at 12:11.

Ok fair enough. Btw check the productiin charts for last turn to see if anyone made units. We can' check for agents but the armiea show up in the faction rankings charts for both production and military strength.

I have an idea for the recruitment pools but it requires you custom spawning armies via console, complete with the armour and chevrons they would get at that settlement, and then charging the player for the recruitment cost. However you'd have to keep track of every unit that has been creared on turn 1. That's a lot of work...

Hi Myth, sorry if I've spoiled any plans. But I think Genoa will be the weakest controlled human faction, so don't feel too threatened - you're a good player!

No worries Igno i welcome having you in another game and I was expecting you to join CoG! as well. Thank you for the compliment but it is because you are good yourself that i tried to get you further away from my starting lands ;) However Monkey has it far worse than me now that he mentioned it... Btw the beauty of fought battles is tyat even a seemingly weak faction can turn a war around with good skill on the battle l map.

Btw i apologize for any mistakes but i'm logging on via my Galaxy S and the tiny virtual keyboard is rather small for my sausage fingers :)

Everyone, if anyone finds they have accidentally recruited troops or agents during the grace period, please do not move them in this coming turn. They will be free to move in the next turn, the one in which they would legally have arrived if they were recruited on turn two.

Unless they are likely to be directly involved in a battle on turn two in which case please pm me and I'll arrange something. This goes for opposing players who notice illegal troops of factions they were planning to attack on turn two - pm me and let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    Everyone, if anyone finds they have accidentally recruited troops or agents during the grace period, please do not move them in this coming turn. They will be free to move in the next turn, the one in which they would legally have arrived if they were recruited on turn two.

Unless they are likely to be directly involved in a battle on turn two in which case please pm me and I'll arrange something. This goes for opposing players who notice illegal troops of factions they were planning to attack on turn two - pm me and let me know.
    Sounds like a good solution :)

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slysnake View Post
    Sounds like a good solution :)
    Yes it does, I am just want to apologize again to everyone for blanking out on that.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Saruman the Wise Member deguerra's Avatar
    Melbourne, Australia (but born and bred in Germany)

And me.

I imagine I will have to disband a number of troops: def. Oslo with Denmark knocking at the door, and potentially Antwerp and whatever the Frisian town is called, depending on what France and Denmark are doing in that area. Let me know, you two, how we can best work that out.

And again, sorry for the hassle.
    Saruman the White
    Chief of the White Council, Lord of Isengard, Protector of Dunland

Fatimid's turn

Fought bloody siege of Stettin and conquered it. Oslo is also taken. This is going to be indeed wacky fun!
    So many great nobles, things, administrations, so many high chieftains, so many brave nations, so many proud princes, and power so splendid; In a moment, a twinkling, all utterly ended. - Jacobus de Benedictus

Can anyone let me know who I'm at war with, so I can do some diplomacy before my turn?

Man it's fun being thrown into the midst of it like this...two massive battles fought so far and more to come...

Igno I made genoa human-controlled and added some cash so you'll have ~30k in the treasury like everyone else - take a look at the starting position in the save I uploaded to the recruitment thread, you'll see your diplomatic position there.

You're allied to me (Sicilly) and you have some Crusading stacks in Africa.

Ok, thanks. Will access the original save soon.

Cumans!

Five massive battles on my first turn, this is going to be one hell of a ride.

Adrianopolis and Nicaea fell to the armies of Islam, the Basileos of the Eastern 'Roman Empire' met a nasty end with three of his family members.

Captains Dositheos and Daniel cannot move next turn (they were near Adana, in case their stacks show up with different names now).

I'll post in the diplomacy thread and send some pms maybe tomorrow, Mrs Monkey needs me now..
    Attached Files Attached Files

The might of the Fatamid Caliph is truly formidable, as are the hordes of the Moors and the Kwarezmian Shah!

I'm surprised the Muslim nations did so well under AI management.

Master of the Universe Member LooseCannon1's Avatar

Two guys have contacted me to say they'd like to join this game - does anyone object if we add new players? The Rus could probably handle a human player and possibly Poland or Hungary - any objections?

none here, of course, that is the other side of the map from me.

I'm Venice, so I don't have any problems with a Polish or Hungarian player joining :)

The more (far away from me) the merrier!

It's ok, as long as they don't poke their nose into my backyard :D
    So many great nobles, things, administrations, so many high chieftains, so many brave nations, so many proud princes, and power so splendid; In a moment, a twinkling, all utterly ended. - Jacobus de Benedictus

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast