Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of the Green Dragon

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Re: The Legend of the Green Dragon

He has some advantages. Like at the Lodge and a better horse.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

ridiculously suspicious Member TheLastDays's Avatar

The secret is the first day and level, at least it was in my time
    I hear the voice of the watchmen!

New Mafia Game: Hunt for The Fox

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Do horses carry over or similar?
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    Do horses carry over or similar?
    All of the Mounts (Horses and whatnot) stay with you until you give them up or they somehow are killed. But you don’t have to buy a new one each time you see the Dragon.

All of the mounts give some advantage(s). If you don’t have one you are missing out.

Now!

There is a new type of Dwelling.

An Inn

Cost: 10 DK level to build, 25000 gold, 25 gems. It gives you 6 roomswith sleeping space for the owner and you can add more rooms, at a price.
    There is a coffer for gold and gems for the owner only, but the money made goes to the bank, so plunderers have to be lucky to find any gold in them.

It is work, though. It costs turns to cook food and brew Ale.
    The quality of the Ale can be improved and gives buffs. The food may be tied to the quality of the Inn. It all has different effects than what you find in Orghulburg.

It can have from 0 to 10 stars and that also affects prices.

Cathbran built one in Romar, and it will slow down his adventuring a bit.

The Game gets better the more players we have so tell your friends…there are extra points for referrals (at the Lodge).

Mark Twain

If the bad guys keep winning I suggest you get a drink to help steady yourself a bit.

Get a mount if you have the gems, or maybe just take along that old one eyed cat for a while.

Hire some help when you can afford it and of course get the best weapons and armor you can.

You will be killing dragons in no time.

Mark Twain

Blog Entries

I am loving the automatic turns now in the game!
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

I love playing old BBS games! I don’t remember playing this one before, but I am now.

Any of the clans out there need a new recruit?
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

I would try the Tavern Gang or the JGs. Both only have one member and could use help but the JGs takes a Dragon Kill to join and I don't know that they are still active.

Of course I am sure you would be accepted into either of the other two clans as well.

Mark Twain

Is there anyway to change your "title" or does that happen as you level up? I wouldn't mind being something other than "farmboy"...
    2B1ASK1

You should join the DeOrg Clan. You get unlimited funds from our extensive treasury.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    Is there anyway to change your "title" or does that happen as you level up? I wouldn't mind being something other than "farmboy"...

The titles change as you go up but there is a way to give your self any title you wish. It just requires Joining the JP's Lodge (which means donating money to the site admin. I could be wrong but I think that the other two donation sites are just to support development.) There are quite a few options in the lodge which help you move more quickly. But it is in on way required.

At any rate there is a new title for almost every level...the higher levels keep the same titles longer.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    You should join the DeOrg Clan. You get unlimited funds from our extensive treasury.
    Join DeOrg Clan! And after you successfully kill your first dragon I personally will help to change your user tittle!

No, really... what His Royal Majesty Montmorency told you is true we have great amount of gold to share with our comrades!
    returning to the shadows.....

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    Join DeOrg Clan! And after you successfully kill your first dragon I personally will help to change your user tittle!

No, really... what His Royal Majesty Montmorency told you is true we have great amount of gold to share with our comrades!
    Sorry, BSmith has joined the Tavern Gang and placed his trust and his life in the hands of Lefty, for better or worse.

Mark Twain

Yeah, I joined before you guys suggested I go with you. I figured I’d try out a smaller clan and help build it up, as opposed to joining an already established clan.
    2B1ASK1

Blog Entries

Being honest, we need some more clans. The problem is, Cathbran is the one with all the money, gems and dragonkills and what not, so any rival clan would just get trounced by him!
    Last edited by Beskar; 11-19-2011 at 11:18.

Hey, let's not forget that other DeOrgher, the second most powerful of all warriors in the land.

That would be this guy.

And I haven't even killed yet. Any clan steps to us and that might have to change.

Remember the Pentangelis? That's right.
    Last edited by Montmorency; 11-19-2011 at 01:35.
    Vitiate Man.

Blog Entries

I remember grrrhrhrhrhrrrgurrgle. What ever happened to him?

State of the Game.

We have 47 Characters of which about half seem to be active.

We have added quite a bit of content and have a few more things in the pipeline.

I doubt that anyone has found everything or if you have, have not figured how best to use it.

Some things are only visible after you reach a given number of Dks so if you don’t see what someone else sees, that could be why

There is a lot to aid character development and to buff them up.

PvPs seem to have slowed down, with all of the inactive or occasional players lying dead in their beds at the inn. For now those sleeping inside of dwellings seem to be safe from PvP attack but not Plunder.

Changing this would make players more difficult to locate but increase the number available. I need to know what you think about implementing this.

With regards to the Clans:

TinCow wanted to find a different clan battles module, other than the pyramids.

If any of you had ever tried to break the walls on the captured pyramids you would understand why.

Breaking walls of over 100,000 strength is just plane monotonous. Their walls were more than a quarter million points each.

Around 279,000 as I recall. If the server is slow it takes a game day to take just one.

So far we have not found an acceptable replacement. That is because we need more players on line at the same time, than what we have. So until the community grows it may be difficult.

The standup fight modules might be all right for some players but as we stand Cathbran and DiY would dominate the fights they were in. No one wants to fight when only certain death is the only outcome.

At the moment the Clans are still establishing themselves. Getting dwellings and coffers to support their members so they can become more powerful as individuals.

I would suspect that once this happens a series of raids and assignations might occur.

As Christmas is coming soon Clans can busy themselves with Christmas Trees and find some way to reward the best of them.

For those of you who are American & Canadian, we have no Thanksgiving holiday on the server.

Also the Thanksgiving one that they do have at the home site is so bad that we will do like all the stores across the world and start our Winter and Christmas modules a little early.

If there is anything you want to discuss, just post here, pm me or send a YOM (ye old mail) to admin in game.
    Last edited by Fisherking; 11-21-2011 at 20:27.

Mark Twain

Epitome of Ephemeral Success Member Death is yonder's Avatar
    A perpetual tropical island by the equator

PvPs seem to have slowed down, with all of the inactive or occasional players lying dead in their beds at the inn. For now those sleeping inside of dwellings seem to be safe from PvP attack but not Plunder.

Changing this would make players more difficult to locate but increase the number available. I need to know what you think about implementing this.
    I think that this would be a better idea, at the moment we here are running out of prey! Poor Veho has been on the receiving end of my affections when I come to visit him at night

Oh and interestingly enough, placing the max gold bribe for Ser Clegane didn't seem to work (I tried another time with the same results), I just attempted to go after Veho's head again
    Last edited by Death is yonder; 11-21-2011 at 16:56.
    You cannot add days to life but you can add life to days.

With all of the dragons killed in the last few weeks they seem to be becoming more scarce. You may have to work a bit to find them.

Mark Twain

Blog Entries

I got killed my TinCows mother in law with a pair of his old Y-fronts.. this is embarrassing, I am never going Felye again.

Blog Entries

Game is so random at times.. I will be there just stomping everything "bam, 1hitko" and I cannot even predict it! Just lost 60k gold because of it too. Very evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    Game is so random at times.. I will be there just stomping everything "bam, 1hitko" and I cannot even predict it! Just lost 60k gold because of it too. Very evil.
    Tell that to me... just lost 100k after casually encountering the green dragon in the forest...

One does not simply walk into the Green Dragon!
    Vitiate Man.

Some encounters are just going to kill you no matter what.

Face 6 monsters and die in the first round. It should not happen but it dose.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    One does not simply walk into the Green Dragon!
    I believed so, experience shows otherwise... I was in the forest and no entering any cave, he appeared in the forest! Of course I was lvl 15 for a couple of days already and perhaps it triggered the encounter... I don't know....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Riedquat View Post
    I believed so, experience shows otherwise... I was in the forest and no entering any cave, he appeared in the forest! Of course I was lvl 15 for a couple of days already and perhaps it triggered the encounter... I don't know....
    It was that.

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Anyone still playing this? I've been piddling around with it, but it seems dead.

My kingdom for a .

Yoyoma, I've been playing but to be honest I found it via google because I was looking for a server that wasn't absolutely insane. Hope you guys don't mind me playing on your server!

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

I don't think anyone will mind. This forum is pretty chill and friendly.

If the mood strikes you swing up to the intro thread and toss a holla'.

My kingdom for a .

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast