Page 52 of 87 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2594

Thread: Org Minecraft Server

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Default Re: Org Minecraft Server

Hopefully that will spur a lot of innovation. I'm just happy that the traditional sensors appear to still work and am overjoyed at Nether bricks.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    am overjoyed at Nether bricks.
    Me too! No more defacing nether fortresses just to get the stuff! Also, marble looks awesome. There's a lot of useful stuff to be found in the Nether now.

I've done some research and it looks like a lot of the broken redstone circuitry is due to changes in timing. In my case, a T Flip Flop circuit I use pretty much everywhere no longer works. I think that replacing the old T Flip Flops with a new version might solve most of these problems.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spankythehippo View Post
    Lava travels so fast in 1.5. It's almost killed me many, many times while I was exploring. And now there are random blocks of lava within harmless looking Netherrack. DAMN YOU LAVA! DAMN YOU!
    Flows like water, yet there is none to extinguish it.

Died at lvl 20 when the first nether rack hidden deposit got me.

I've been burnt about 3 times since. So now I carry minimal equipment when mining and prepare to run when hit by a spurt. I'm mass producing nether bricks with the help of a double hopper setup... I still manually empty it for the XP :)
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papewaio View Post
    Flows like water, yet there is none to extinguish it.

Died at lvl 20 when the first nether rack hidden deposit got me.

I've been burnt about 3 times since. So now I carry minimal equipment when mining and prepare to run when hit by a spurt. I'm mass producing nether bricks with the help of a double hopper setup... I still manually empty it for the XP :)
    I've developed a system to prevent dying by lava in the Nether. Just equip Ender Pearls to your first slot in your hotbar. If you fall, or are engulfed by lava, you can quickly press 1 then right-click. I've died by burning, but my items were dropped at my house. Saved me several stacks of glowstone.
    Last edited by spankythehippo; 03-22-2013 at 01:29.

Don't have the pearls... but why don't you just put a pond of water at your house?... fall damage will be minimised and the flames will be doused.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Don't have the pearls... but why don't you just put a pond of water at your house?... fall damage will be minimised and the flames will be doused.
    I have a massive pool at my house. I was talking about mining in the Nether. Water evaporates in the Nether, so the Ender Pearls are the way to go.

Sigurd made a kick-ass Ender farm. It's at the first stronghold End Portal.

Hell. I should have thought of that.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

There is also a chest full of Ender Pearls at the Noob Hotel now.
    I always try to keep one in my pocket, when exploring. It is just so comforting to know that I can teleport home if I should get myself stuck in a corner of some sort.

About the new stuff, like the comparator: Gosh, I had not realized that this game was designed for electronics engineers as their main target group. Well, I will learn it one day.

Server updated to a 1.5.1 dev build. Hopefully that should help with some of the lag problems.

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    I have been thinking about this for a while, and I believe it has been discussed earlier in this thread. We need a project plan for the city. Areas of public interest, areas where the players can build their "city home" (not anything too extravagant ) Areas of open spaces and parks etc...

I wish for an interior architect.. I just find it more fun to build building shells. That castle of mine will be a monster interior job...
    I will be happy to give you a hand and do some of the interior work for your castle. It could be my next project after my city home is finished, which will probably still take me a couple of weeks.

As for grand city planning, it is a good point, but it would be a rally big project.
    Count me in, though, if you ever want to get started on it.

Meanwhile I will build my little home where I indicated. And if we ever want to use that space for something else - be it a communal building, park or hypergalactic bypass road, I will be happy to take it down again and move somewhere else.

Last edited by Nigel; 03-23-2013 at 11:57.

Okay. So I think we're all basically connected through the Nether. My rail line connecting the far side of the map is there to conserve resources and two of the portals are in a Nether fortress.

Down with dried flowers!

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I've connected my base in the far south to the Nether road system. It splits off of the road to spanky's base.

Do sand generators no longer work? Does anyone know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I've connected my base in the far south to the Nether road system. It splits off of the road to spanky's base.

Do sand generators no longer work? Does anyone know?
    I've made my Nether road bypass some hazards. So, there are a lot of unnecessary stairs. But there is a blaze spawner somewhere directly beneath my road. I have no intention of using it, so it's free for the taking.

The sand generators don't work anymore. I've resorted to using my current sand very, very sparingly.

I'm currently making in the Nether a two lane railway between my portal and (0,0) it is at a depth of 100 for the rail height. Problem is the amount of Nether rack required to make bricks then blocks... approximately 7 blocks/fences a m means 28 blocks of nether rack.

The track will be 200m square when it is finished. So to complete just one side requires about 2800 cubes of netherack (I only create fire resistant blocks for air zones with ghasts... which is about half the track length).

I've got a nether rack brick maker with a charcoal maker attached to the side... all I need to do is feed in wood and nether rack and then empty out the nether bricks.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I've made my Nether road bypass some hazards. So, there are a lot of unnecessary stairs. But there is a blaze spawner somewhere directly beneath my road. I have no intention of using it, so it's free for the taking.

The sand generators don't work anymore. I've resorted to using my current sand very, very sparingly.
    Ah, that's disappointing since what I've been working on requires a large amount of sand. Looks like I get to terraform desert biomes now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Ah, that's disappointing since what I've been working on requires a large amount of sand. Looks like I get to terraform desert biomes now.
    Do you need sand or sandstone? I have lots of sandstone, about a double chest full. You can take all of it, if you need it.

I took it. It was right next to where I needed to make a portal.

It would be nice if people refrained from strip mining sand anywhere close to where I've set up a village.

Last edited by Vladimir; 03-25-2013 at 05:36.

Down with dried flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    It would be nice if people refrained from strip mining sand anywhere close to where I've set up a village.
    Someone made a portal on a really beautiful sand island at x = -4113 z = -2768. I suppose that someone is mining the sand there. The odd thing is that there is a floating portal to the west of it.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Someone made a portal on a really beautiful sand island at x = -4113 z = -2768. I suppose that someone is mining the sand there. The odd thing is that there is a floating portal to the west of it.
    That would've been me. The floating portal was a.... calculation error.

I started strip mining that island, then sand generators were re-enabled again for a time, so I abandoned the operation. You can see where I had just gotten started at -4126, -2830.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou View Post
    That would've been me. The floating portal was a.... calculation error.

I started strip mining that island, then sand generators were re-enabled again for a time, so I abandoned the operation. You can see where I had just gotten started at -4126, -2830.
    Ahhh, OK. That's quite a good idea, but I'm too lazy to pull off an operation like that.

I'm strip mining a desert biome.

I've found that a large chest feeding two hoppers will evenly divide the chest between the two hoppers. So I put stacks of sand in the large chest and the hoppers fend into a set of double furnaces... I'm thinking of creating an eight furnace setup with one of the chests being a wood to charcoal burner, the other 7 sand to glass OR straight 8 sand and a separate charcoal maker... yet to decide... need to chop down a few more giant jungle trees on the edge of the desert biome first.

Who has the place at X 2251, Y -2309? There is a pyramid (very nicely decorated with orange wool patterns) and a portal below (which links back to mine btw)

Who has the place at X 2251, Y -2309? There is a pyramid (very nicely decorated with orange wool patterns) and a portal below (which links back to mine btw)
    That's mine. I didn't actually build it myself, it's a desert temple spawned by the game. I'm planning on terraforming that area and I converted the temple into my base. If you mine sand there please don't dig too deep because I'm planning on filling it back in with dirt and then building a village/city or something.

I'm on the coast about 200m away and went to harvest some trees, then found a swarm of monsters. Then the temple... do you want me to light up the ground there or put any resources into your chests?

I'm mining between 10 and 30 stacks of sand for glass... so if you want a glass pyramid I can supply the means. :)

Does anyone have or foresee having a large surplus of Netherrack? I'd like to build the pigman grinder out of it but will likely build the exterior out of stone brick. I may take several stacks of cobblestone from chests if I see an abundance of it.

Down with dried flowers!

Best way to get sufficient cobblestone would be to build a generator in the normal world and mass produce it then move it into the nether.

I use cobblestone in the nether as it stands out... particularly the mossy cobblestone.

I've found that a large chest feeding two hoppers will evenly divide the chest between the two hoppers. So I put stacks of sand in the large chest and the hoppers fend into a set of double furnaces... I'm thinking of creating an eight furnace setup with one of the chests being a wood to charcoal burner, the other 7 sand to glass OR straight 8 sand and a separate charcoal maker... yet to decide... need to chop down a few more giant jungle trees on the edge of the desert biome first.
    I built an 8 furnace automatic smelter with coal feeder in my lair and it works very well. I highly recommend them.

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

I feel alone in the Nether... the only road around me is the one from my castle to the stronghold with the end-portal..
    I am also quite high up in the nether.. around 116.
    I am also worried about mining around where my portals are as I am only a few blocks away from a monster drop to an endless lava sea. at what height level should I expect to find you guys?.. should I brave a little tunneling.
    Status Emeritus

I believe the central spawn portal, and the road connecting it to therother and my place, is at about y=46. It originally spawned higher, but we submerged it to avoid problems with ghasts in the central network area. The road itself is mostly in the open, it's just the immediate area around the central portal that is underground.

You can also move your portals anywhere you want vertically without impacting anything. Unless you've got two portals on top of one another, the y coordinates don't make a difference. So, you could move your nether portal much further down.
    Last edited by TinCow; 03-25-2013 at 16:06.

Page 52 of 87 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast