Thread: wierd hybrid mod

Default wierd hybrid mod

Hello, I want to turn the Casse faction into England, from Napoleon Total War 2 mod. I know for projectiles all I'd have to do is copy paste them to the end of the EB "descr_projectile_new" file, but how would i get all of the British NTW2 units into the game and recruitable by the MIC's? also how would I change the sounds of the units and the emblem of the Casse faction.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: wierd hybrid mod

Hello CyrusTHEgreat . I'd welcome you here, but I see you've already been a member for some time.

I am afraid this is a very extensive question, and I can only point you to where you can find more information. Changing sounds and emblem should be fairly easy: check out the tutorials in the Scriptorium. However, in order to add the units you will have to import their models*, skins and animations; and edit the EDU file. Then you'll have to remove the Casse recruitment entries from the EBD file and replace them with entries for the new units.

*Unfortunately there's a model limit to R:TW, and I am not sure there is "model-space" left over for the additional N2:TW units. You can't just delete the models of the Casse units either: these will be shared by other unit-types belonging to other factions. I am also not sure if the result will be worth it. The R:TW battle engine was never really designed for missile combat, so the muskets may not be very effective against EB's well-shielded units. The A.I. won't be able to use the muskets properly either.
    Last edited by Ludens; 11-14-2011 at 20:38.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!