Thread: Requiem of the Dead?

Default Requiem of the Dead?

Someone on my friends list has won a S2 achievement called "Requiem of the Dead". I'm curious - what is it awarded for? Steam's servers are completely hammered thanks to the sale and I can't access the game's achievement list. I suspect it's related to the sale like "Summer Son" was, but it doesn't sound very Christmasy ...
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Default Re: Requiem of the Dead?

The achievement says "Win a defensive siege battle with your daimyo during any winter turn." That doesn't sound particularly complicated but apparently only 0.7% of the player base has it :p

Thanks.

Looks like it is sale related then. I was hoping it would indicate impending S2 content, or was part of an update to bring the achievement list up to date with the I-I, Hattori and RotS clans.

It must only be awarded to players who have won a siege after it was added, otherwise most of us would already have it. I'd guess it was part of the update which added the snowman title screen.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

That makes sense ^^, I was scratching my head at that as I've defended with my Daimyo many many times in all the seasons but didn't have it, let alone less than 1% of players.

I really wish they would update the list for the new content as well, there's so much potential with the dlc's. Do you know if there are any other new achievements with the sale, or is that the only one?

When i did the play thing in SF they said there would a secret achievement for whomever could beat the game on any difficulty declaring war on everyone they meet right away.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Syl View Post
    Do you know if there are any other new achievements with the sale, or is that the only one?
    That's the only one for Shogun II AFAIK. Lots of other games have gained a new achievement or two; it ties in to that "great gift pile" advertised on the main store page.

Quote Originally Posted by Syl View Post
    The achievement says "Win a defensive siege battle with your daimyo during any winter turn." That doesn't sound particularly complicated but apparently only 0.7% of the player base has it :p
    I guess the reason for that is that siege battles are incredibly boring and 99.3% of the player base auto resolves them ^^

Do you want to see my big Member spankythehippo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4 View Post
    I guess the reason for that is that siege battles are incredibly boring and 99.3% of the player base auto resolves them ^^
    I love defensive sieges. It's so fun. Especially gigantic ones.

well, i got it, but i autoresolved. so it can't be that.
    the autumn leaves fall;
    floating on the coldest wind;
    with them my spirit.

self made death poem

I got it when AI sieged me during winter season and lost. I think I had my Damiyo defending there. I have DLC packs and I was playing the Rice of Samurai campaign.

I think the rarity of this archivement is because AI doesnt siege during winter seasons that often, players tend to keep their damiyo out of harms way or in attack and it needs Rise of Samurai expancion.

I cant remember the exacts but I was shorthanded there; I pretty much took the castle and then noticed the full stack right next to it. I kind off escaped to the castle and AI followed there to flush me & my damiyo out. It was relatively early ingame so I had the advantage of cavarly with the damiyo and another generals boduguards and advantage of melee with few sword attentants. Rice of the Samurai archers are terrible so I ignored them and whent for their leader; Got him down with 1:2 numbers + charge. That resulted the morale shock to the AI army and front line that faced the few Sword Attentants of mine, turned tails and caused mass rout in the blob coming up the hill. That was it; Lucky in away or rather; Result of AI failing to understand that enemy generals are anti general cavarly and the most important thing in pesant army is the general.

It does not need RotS expansion. A friend of mine just got it in a coop campaign.

I have it aswell, Daimyo defending freshly taken Kyoto ftw!
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Just got it as well, defending my capital from a stack of Christian Samurai in a Shimazu coop campaign =D

This achievement is for now the only one I have (I only started playing S2TW a week ago). Purchased the main game + Hattori DLC + Sengoku Jidai DLC. Can't remember very well but I was defending Tsukushi in my first campaign as the Shimazu.