Thread: noob question

Default noob question

Hi all,

I'm playing with europa barbarorum 1.2
    normally it's rather easy to modify units with the export_descr_units.txt file
    but whatever change I make in the file (I use the one in the EB map of course)
    it seems not to work
    also, I find it stranged that in EB you have the romani faction,
    and in the export... file there's no romani ownership
    also, roman units are owned by seleucid ...

can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

and where I have to go exactly to change roman units ...

Thx in advance

Pieter

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: noob question

Hello Pieter,

Welcome to the .Org and to EB . The best place EB-related questions would be the official EB forum. However, these are both common questions, so I can answer them here.

Firstly, EB uses two export_descr_unit.txt (EDU) files: one for the campaign game, and a shortened one for MP/custom battles. Both are stored in a separate folder. When you start EB via the Trivial Script, the EDU file in the data folder gets overwritten by the appropriate EDU. If you wish to change the campaign units, you need to edit the EDU file in the "[R:TW]\[EB]\sp campaign game edu" folder.

As for the faction ownership of units, this is a relic from the early versions of EB. Before the R:TW 1.3 patch, it was not possible to change the "culture" of existing factions. Because the team wanted to replace several factions, they had to shuffle the faction slots around to ensure that the resultant "culture groups" would somewhat resemble reality. So the Romans got the Seleucid faction slot. Later versions of R:TW opened this aspect up for modding, but by then EB had become so complex that they decided to keep it this way.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: noob question

THx a lot for this answer
    has been very helpfull

Pieter