Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Default Re: Lords of the Danube OOC thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    notthing has happened, an overlook on my part since the ancillary says "duke of Brasov"

ill stick to lord and change the old :)
    Okay, no problem then. Althoghu that might have been the start of quite an interesting scandal. :)
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Sorry for my lack of activity. I've been having trouble with my install and have been hesitate to officially resign. I'll pick up the pace on this issue, but may have to resign for now. Really sorry for the inconvenience. This was an unforeseen issue. :\

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear that Quirl, I hope things work out.

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quirl View Post
    Sorry for my lack of activity. I've been having trouble with my install and have been hesitate to officially resign. I'll pick up the pace on this issue, but may have to resign for now. Really sorry for the inconvenience. This was an unforeseen issue. :\
    Aw..
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quirl View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will get things worked out, and maybe then you will be able to join the game!

You can also participate in a purely roleplaying fashion as an unrepresented character if you want. You could even roleplay some characters from other nations for me if you want, just let me know.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

@Cecil XIX, @Zim, @Ignoramus, @The King
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHN6AViJAvI

Don't mean to bug you, but things have really been dying down of late. If you are losing interest in the game, are there any suggestions you could make on how to make things more interesting?
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 03-02-2012 at 20:05.

Getting lonely here, seems like im mostly alone with all my posts :)

part from a very capable monkey, and dedicated Nightbrigner!
    Last edited by Mithridate; 03-02-2012 at 21:16.

@Mithridate, nice battle report. You reminded me I owe one...

@Nightbringer, don't worry I'm sure it's just RL that's keeping the guys away. They'll be back

Roleplaying's an option. :)

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Sorry, it's just tough not even being able to look at the saves. I think I've found all my discs. Assuming they aren't too scratched up I'll be able to install within the day.

Phonics will be queueing som units for me. I should be able to do the turn report tomorrow myself if that's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    @Cecil XIX, @Zim, @Ignoramus, @The King
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHN6AViJAvI

Don't mean to bug you, but things have really been dying down of late. If you are losing interest in the game, are there any suggestions you could make on how to make things more interesting?
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Nightbringer - I'm here. Plotting. Saving some money.

I really liked those Council sessions from previous games. Perhaps we could have one of these from time to time? Not once in 10 turns or so but when something big happens in the game. I think this allows us having more IC talk between our characters.

Also, I was thinking that perhaps anyone is interested in a Tournament like we had in the KotF game? We could ask @TinCow or @GeneralHankerchief to host one for old time sake.

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    @Nightbringer - I'm here. Plotting. Saving some money.
    Ooo, include me in ur plans! Pretty please :P

Remember my loaning service, ive got quite a bit of gold to spare
    Also, I was thinking that perhaps anyone is interested in a Tournament like we had in the KotF game? We could ask @TinCow or @GeneralHankerchief to host one for old time sake.
    Checking up about the KotF game, having a Tournament sounds sweet :)

Regarding a Council session, holding one as soon as Bokony can reach the capitol would work as we need to make plans on how to deal with the ERE. PM Cecil perhaps?
    If not he shall march East to Baia and rebuild

Oops, sorry zim, I forgot about your computer.

I like the idea of doing the council sessions, what would people think of doing one after turn 10? Not to be doing them every 10 turns, but just to get the idea started. After that,they would come up at times of particular importance.

Also, i will be taking the save later today, so if you want to get your turn in move fast! :)

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

We could ask @TinCow or @GeneralHankerchief to host one for old time sake.
    How many players would be participating?

Blog Entries

Well, that is something we are trying to figure out.

@Cecil XIX, @phonicsmonkey, @Zim, @Mithridate and myself are confirmed players.

@House Stark and @Ignoramus are being MIA. Hopefully they are still playing.

@Quirl decided to leave unfortunately. I do hope he could just stay in the game for RP whether or not he can actually take the saves or not.

So, basically we don't have that many players. I do hope this will change in near future.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

That's small enough that I think I could manage it, using the existing rules from the KotF tournament. Just let me know when to start it and get me the necessary trait, etc. info on all the participants, as I don't have the game installed, so can't view a save.

Member thankful for this post:

what is this tournament thing anyway?

Blog Entries

In "King of the Franks" we had a tournament held at the start of the game.
    Here are 2 threads about it: Tournament game thread and its Rules.

That looks awesome, I would really appreciate it if you wanted to run one tincow!

From personal experience I think it's a fair bet Ignoramus will be back around. I'd really like to participate in a tournament.

Installing MTW2 now. Had a bit of a scare when I had the discs but didn't know where the box was for the CD Key but it's been located.

Edit: False hope. I had two disc #1s.

Well, that is something we are trying to figure out.

@Cecil XIX, @phonicsmonkey, @Zim, @Mithridate and myself are confirmed players.

@House Stark and @Ignoramus are being MIA. Hopefully they are still playing.

@Quirl decided to leave unfortunately. I do hope he could just stay in the game for RP whether or not he can actually take the saves or not.

So, basically we don't have that many players. I do hope this will change in near future.
    Last edited by Zim; 03-05-2012 at 05:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    From personal experience I think it's a fair bet Ignoramus will be back around. I'd really like to participate in a tournament.

Installing MTW2 now. Had a bit of a scare when I had the discs but didn't know where the box was for the CD Key but it's been located.

Edit: False hope. I had two disc #1s.
    ah yes, two disk #1's. I myself have three copies of the game. Hopefully you find it!

No luck, and none of the stores nearby have it. Biting the bullet and trying out a Steam version.

Blog Entries

In Steam M2TW costs 9,99€ but in Gamersgate you get M2TW Gold for the same price. That is Vanilla game and Kingdoms together.

Bought Gold on steam for $9.99. It's downloading now.

If it weren't too late I might have gone for gamersgate, though. I think it might be easier to get mods working on a game downloaded from them...

Blog Entries

For the past year or so I have never had any problems with games from gamersgate. All mods etc work just fine. But I've heard that Steam is not so kind towards mods and stuff..

Why not just do something which is against the Org rules to even discuss?

Instead of abiding by the Org rules :) @Zim
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 03-06-2012 at 01:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Why not just do something which is against the Org rules to even discuss?

Instead of abiding by the Org rules :) @Zim
    Fixed that for you @Mithridate, please play by the forum rules.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have all of next week off, so if @TinCow needs it, then I could step into my old backup role.

Anything beyond that is dicey though.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Hello guys,

Sorry for my inactivity - had a busy first week at uni. Getting back into the swing of things now.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus View Post
    Hello guys,

Sorry for my inactivity - had a busy first week at uni. Getting back into the swing of things now.
    Thats okay iggy, glad to have you back!

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast