Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [EB 1.2][Succession Game] Resurgere Romanii Reipublicae (Rise of the Roman Republic)

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Default Re: [EB 1.2][Succession Game] Resurgere Romanii Reipublicae (Rise of the Roman Republ

Well, in the interest of keeping this going, I'm going to assume that it is and go for there. Thanks.

Default Re: [EB 1.2][Succession Game] Resurgere Romanii Reipublicae (Rise of the Roman Republ

It's done and the save for @The King is below, however there was a problem in that from slysnake's save the traits are one season behind the game (i.e., when the game is at spring 263, the traits say winter 264).

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...d=205&id=10058

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I will play my turn as soon as possible(~24hours or so).

I may be wrong but didn't we had the same problem in WotB?

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It seems I don't have enough time to play my turn before Wednesday. So, if anyone wants to take it before that then go ahead. Also, could @The Celtic Viking give a small summary of what happened during his turn. When exactly were we at war with the Karthadastim?

I can't remember having this problem in WotB, no. Are you sure you're not thinking of something else?

In any case, here's what happened during my turn. As it started out Messana was under siege and I got that message warning about provocation of war against Carthage. I did not want that and in the spring of 263 BCE I ended the siege and walked the men back to the peninsula. In the summer of 263 BCE they followed suit and I tried to solve it diplomatically. It failed and that autumn the war broke out. I had previously sent our fleet west to pick up Cnaevs Cornelivs Blasio in case this war would break out, and in the winter I had them land on Corsica and besiege Alalia. It was lightly garrisoned and in the following spring 262 BCE I assaulted and took it. I defeated the Carthaginian invaders in Italy, allied with the Lusotannan and got a cease fire with the Karthadastim.

I think if you can't do it it should just move down to the next in line, which would mean that @Cecil XIX is up.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 03-26-2012 at 17:06.

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

@Cecil XIX bump mate.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah... I believe I said that I resigned from this game in posts 50 and 52. I'm not in this game anymore, so it should be @slynake's turn. Sorry for not being clear everyone, and for not realizing that nobody noticed.

Oh wow, I apologize for that I guess I'll play the turn myself, and update the game.

Default Re: [EB succession game] Resurgere Romani Reipublicae (Rise of the Roman Republic)

@The Celtic Viking I turn the Empire over to you, and also congratulations on your trophy! Are there any videos of your battles?

BTW for the sake of moving faster I would suggest we don't do the detailed turn reports unless one wants to. Just mention the major things that happened. For my rule, which was rather uneventful as I don't know the EB units and the campaign map is sluggish for me, I just beseiged Bonona with two 3/4 stacks (the two Consular armies) and in 7 turns the Gauls inside simply chose surrender. They were promptly enslaved.

Things are interesting in eastern Gaul, apparently the previous Consuls managed to conquers several provindces and entrusted our army there to an allied general. I suggest we use them for as long as they are loyal, but also send reinforcements from Roma with loyal troops and a true Roman Legatus.

In Rome, we've had a surge of population and can now expand our ports and barracks, which I recommend. The hiring of mercenary units and allied auxilia has drained our treausury. Either a path of vigorous conquest or the retiring of some of our men is needed, because gold has to flow back into the cities for their development. Ave.

Default Re: [EB succession game] Resurgere Romani Reipublicae (Rise of the Roman Republic)

Ah, this game has returned from the grave. I'll start playing my turn now - hopefully the rest are still willing to continue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    ... and also congratulations on your trophy! Are there any videos of your battles?
    Thank you!

No, none of my Tournament games have been uploaded to Youtube, but if you want to see them you can download and watch the replays - they're all uploaded here. You will need to go to this site first and download the MP EDU and MP Replay viewer to do so though (these have no impact on single player games).

If you're only looking for EB MP battles there are quite a few of them uploaded on Youtube, though. Many (though not all) can be found in this thread. If you're not against watching replays there's even one there of our little Raphia "re-enactment" game... "little" meaning a 4v4 with multiple elephants and 74 phalanxes.

I quite agree with the recommendation and so I decided to trim down on the armies besieging Patavium - indeed, I cut it down to only one. I did so by combining units from both armies to form up a proper consular army, or as close as I could, and the rest I sent back under Caivs Avrelivs Cotta for complete disbanding. The tired old veterans were finally to go back to their families, and in their stead a smaller, cheaper and fresher army would be recruited in its stead. This was done in Arretium. This way a lot of mnai were freed from what would otherwise have gone to paying soldiers' wages to infrastructural improvements in our cities.

Otherwise this term wasn't overtly dramatical either. While the siege of Patavium went over well, the defenders capitulating without a fight, all action happened on the western front. The siege of Tolosa had to be aborted when a Carthaginian army laid siege to Emporion, which is why the former city is still independent. In the fighting that took place outside of the latter one some Iberian rebels took their opportunity to try and take over Emporion, but our Iberian allies managed to thwart that attempt as well, together with some Roman help of course. The new barracks will be finished in Roma in 1 year from now.

The most urgent task for @The King in his coming term will be to kick out the Carthaginian army under the 19 year old general Hamalcar who has invaded Italy through Sicily and now stand poised to strike at Rhegion. Caivs Avrelivs Cotta and his legion has been sent to deal with them, but it will take them about 2 turns to get there. The garrison of Rhegion should be able to stand for that long.

The new save can be downloaded here.

So Carthago finally bares her teeth. This will be a hard fight if we don't convince the Greeks there is more benefit in placing their trust on Roma than on our enemies.

I urge the rest of you to pen up some stories depicting the glorious moments of your reign here.

@The King bump

Hope you got better!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234