Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: With Great Sacrifice [Concluded]

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: With Great Sacrifice

Not nearly enough participation. Round is extended 12 hours. Everyone please vote, or I'm going to go into angry irrational host mode.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: edse

In that entire ridiculous sequence in the start of the round, edse's was perfectly-placed in that he continued to draw it out after the joke was passed before the general consensus became that people went overboard with it. Make sense to you? Good, now explain it to me. My vote stands nonetheless.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post

In that entire ridiculous sequence in the start of the round, edse's was perfectly-placed in that he continued to draw it out after the joke was passed before the general consensus became that people went overboard with it. Make sense to you? Good, now explain it to me. My vote stands nonetheless.
    My vote was not a joke vote although I believe the ones following were. If you as mafia see a wagon on an already lynched player, wouldn't you want to become the "third on the bandwagon" so that you can say "Hey, I'm third on the wagon" as a joke and get a more townie look?

I've voted for dead people in the past by mistake, so I can understand Visorslash's lazy vote. However you jumped in right behind him and voted for dead Atheotes as well. To me that screams - I don't care who I lynch as long as I can get a bandwagon rolling.

Holy crap how did I get so many votes. What did I do? Lewwyn's vote I understand, Zaccinos I don't. Maybe he misinterpreted my joke as being serious? I was implying Daveshack must be lynched for trying to keep us off the booze. Clearly a joke. Visorslash and Yaropolk don't seem to have any reason. Maybe they just threw the dice.

Unvote; Vote Lewwyn

Sorry man, just trying to tie the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaropolk View Post
    I've voted for dead people in the past by mistake, so I can understand Visorslash's lazy vote. However you jumped in right behind him and voted for dead Atheotes as well. To me that screams - I don't care who I lynch as long as I can get a bandwagon rolling.
    I didn't vote for Atheotes by mistake. It was a joke vote, as no one had died.

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonSoil View Post
    Zaccinos I don't. Maybe he misinterpreted my joke as being serious?
    Oh, the irony.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaccino View Post
    Oh, the irony.
    Is it ok if I blatantly refuse to call you Zaccino?
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Is it ok if I blatantly refuse to call you Zaccino?
    Only if I can blatantly refuse to call you anything besides "Chatoix".

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaccino View Post
    Only if I can blatantly refuse to call you anything besides "Chatoix".
    As long as you don't misspell it.

BTW, are you my father by any chance?
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Quote Originally Posted by issaikhaan View Post
    Not nearly enough participation. Round is extended 12 hours. Everyone please vote, or I'm going to go into angry irrational host mode.
    Thanks for this. Noone has been posting anything of any real value.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    My vote was not a joke vote although I believe the ones following were. If you as mafia see a wagon on an already lynched player, wouldn't you want to become the "third on the bandwagon" so that you can say "Hey, I'm third on the wagon" as a joke and get a more townie look?
    Totally agree. Edse has the most suspicious action of the ay in my eyes. If I didn't have to vote for Salmon to save myself I'd vote for edse. If anyone else would like to help by voting for edse I would switch off Salmon.

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonSoil View Post
    Holy crap how did I get so many votes. What did I do? Lewwyn's vote I understand, Zaccinos I don't. Maybe he misinterpreted my joke as being serious? I was implying Daveshack must be lynched for trying to keep us off the booze. Clearly a joke. Visorslash and Yaropolk don't seem to have any reason. Maybe they just threw the dice.

Unvote; Vote Lewwyn

Sorry man, just trying to tie the vote.
    Understood. For me you are an unknown entity. I'm not sure if you're innocent or scum. I don't know that you are suspicious or not, but you had the most votes besides me. Again I think edse is the most suspicious at the moment and would be willing to switch off you if enough people voted for him/stopped voting for me.

Blog Entries

Eenie meenie minie Moe/

Vote: Daveshack

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    Eenie meenie minie Moe/

Vote: Daveshack
    What's your opinion on the Lewwyn/edse/SalmonSoil situation?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

unvote - vote: Seon

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Makes sense.
    Unvote; vote: Edse

That's exactly why I voted him, to get a bandwagon rolling and see what the next one would do. Visorslash made a joke vote, I did a joke vote and Montmorency made a joke vote to be the third on the wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewwyn View Post
    Totally agree. Edse has the most suspicious action of the ay in my eyes. If I didn't have to vote for Salmon to save myself I'd vote for edse. If anyone else would like to help by voting for edse I would switch off Salmon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewwyn View Post
    So, I'm a normal villager/innocent whatever we are since I didn't get a PM, but it looks like I'm getting lynched because Chaotix is an idiot and the games on these forums are always about hammering the nail that sticks out. It's past midnight my time and I can't stay up. And since noone ever posts anything worthwhile and no ones PMed me to join a block I assume I'm dead. But, I can pass the buck by tying the vote I suppose.
    The ones trying to do something are always the ones who stick out. They are the ones most likely to be town however since the mafia avoid pointing fingers.

4 Salmonsoil: Visorslash, Zaccino, Lewwyn, Yaropolk
    3 Lewwyn: Chaotix, thefluffyone93, Salmonsoil
    2 edse: GeneralHankerchief, Jarema
    2 BSmith: DaveShack, Csargo
    1 Montmorency: edse
    1 Yaropolk: BSmith
    1 Visorslash: Montmorency
    1 Chaotix: White_eyes:D
    1 DaveShack: Seon
    1 LazyMcCrow: Ishmael
    1 Seon: LazyMcCrow

1 No vote: landlubber

Blarg.
    There.
    I participated.
    Now LYNCH ME.
    I EAT PAIN.
    "They're just overloaded from the spamgasm."-Askthepizzaguy
    "... Either your as destructive as the most depraved 4 channer or so devious that you can cause the most trouble while acting utterly oblivious as to make us think your too dumb to be doing this intentionally... and the scary thing is I cant help but think the latter."-Greyblades
    "Thefluffyone is the greatest thing to happen to the .org since Beefy187."-Askthepizzaguy
    "TheFluffyOne makes me feel moist."-Askthepizzaguy

Blog Entries

Round's over. Lynch will be posted soon.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

High Priest Tlacalael initiated the examination once more under the watchful gaze of the Emperor. The Emperor's gaze soon turned to the group as a whole, as a few of the gathered suggested that there was no possibly way the previous choice could be wrong. The idea seemed to not amuse him. Without so much as a word, his stern look cowed the few protesters into submission. The examination became more focused than previously, leading to, at least, a couple leading candidates. It was close, but when the scout returned to inform us the sun was setting, the choice was SalmonSoil. He calmly requested a second tally to ensure we were not mistaken. Tlacalael looked questioningly at the Emperor, who nodded. The second check resulted in the same result. Shaking slightly, SalmonSoil approached the center altar. The Emperor and Tlacalael welcomed him with open arms. SalmonSoil was muttering to himself at a frantic pace, visibly panicked. Still, possibly out of duty, he laid himself on the altar. The High Priest raised the sacred knife high. SalmonSoil screamed as the knife plunged into his chest. In spite of the thrashing, Tlacalael expertly removed the heart in a timely manner, raising it before us.

"My friends, today we have once more offered the gods a gift of blood and purity. May they accept it as a sign of our greatest devotion, and give us their blessings in return. May our flesh and blood offer them sustenance." With his simple offer complete, Tlacalael rested the heart back on the altar. "It is time for us to rest and regain our composure. Pray tonight that our sacrifice was proper. Sleep well."

NIGHT TWO HAS BEGUN. PLEASE SEND ORDERS. I WOULD LIKE IT TO BE 24 HOURS.

Alive:

Bsmith
    Chaotix
    Csargo
    Daveshack
    Edse
    Fluffy
    GeneralHankerchief
    Ishmael
    Jarema
    Landlubber
    Lazy McCrow
    Lewwyn
    Montmorency
    Seon
    Visorslash
    White eyes
    Yaropolk
    Zack

Lynched:

Atheotes (D1)
    SalmonSoil (D2)

Blog Entries

Just a reminder that orders are due in a couple hours.

Landlubber is mafia? Wow. Tha's gotta suck.

I'm pretty sure half the players could be implicated, by that criterion.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Possibly, but in my mind, all the others are somewhat active. Landlubber recently has gone AWOL, as we saw in Yakuza.

Blog Entries

Mkay, night's ended, writeup in progress.

Blog Entries

Yaropolk was awaiting the sun with anticipation. He sat on the mat in his quarter, tapping a finger against the wall to a rhythm of his own creation. The room was lit only by a single brazier in the corner, which creating a shadow across much of it. The gentle rhythm of his tapping was interrupted by the sound of footsteps. Yaropolk halted for a moment to make sure he was hearing properly. Sure enough, the faint steps in the stone hallway halted directly outside the frame to his room. The curtain was pushed aside by a man with a jaguar skin draped across his shoulders. Each hand gripped an obsidian club. Eyes flared with rage at seeing Yaropolk.

He has decreed! Die heathen!” The intruder leaped forth with almost unnatural grace, clubs raised to smite his foe. Yaropolk, to his credit, looked merely annoyed. The twin clubs smashed down on his skull at the same time, twisting it to the side with a sickening crack. Yaropolk slumped down. The attacker grinned at its victory. Then, beyond all reason, Yaropolk sighed. His neck twisted and creaked back into its natural shape. He looked at the attacker with pure annoyance. With a crack, Yaropolk disappeared, replaced by a hunched, skull-faced figure.

How irritating. Oh well… I will see you later, fool.” With another crack, the figure vanished before the intruder’s eyes.

For Seon, the night was young. He was helping himself to a small stash he’d discovered hidden in his quarters. The previous occupant had apparently been forced out before being able to collect the spirits. Not a tragedy, as far as Seon was concerned. Unfortunately, in his inebriated state, as he sang to himself, he did not hear the footsteps outside the curtain. When a short, stout figure pushed it aside to find him, he was altogether too jolly to notice his guest’s spear. He offered the clay goblet to the intruder, who simply shook his head austerely. With a single, quick thrust, the intruder impaled Seon straight through his chest. He withdrew it just as fast. He shook his head one last time as Seon gurgled out his last moments. The intruder wiped the blood dripping from his weapon on the curtain as he left his quarry to die.

A tall, lean figure pushed aside a brightly decorated curtain. He wore nothing fancy, just tan tunic with an undecorated leather cloak. A javelin hung down from his right hand as he looked down at his snoozing target. Csargo, unlike so many others, was actually taking advantage of the downtime. A small grin appeared on the visitor’s face. He hefted the javelin up, and rammed it straight into the middle of Csargo’s exposed back. Csargo jerked up and spun around. He narrowed his gaze at the intruder, then rolled his eyes. He reached behind himself, and yanked out the javelin. “Figures,” he muttered to himself. “I suppose luck was not on my side this time. I’ll show them, though.” He looked down at the javelin. “You’ll need more than this if you’re going to win, boy.” With a flash, Csargo transformed into a great feathered serpent, jaws clenched around the weapon. With seemingly no effort, it splintered the weapon and vanished.

When I arrived the next morning, there was a great stirring amongst those gathered. I approached High Priest Tlacalael. "High Priest.... it seems that everyone is more anxious than previously. Has something happpened?" He turned to me with a stern gaze.

"It seems that someone or someones has decided that we are in error. Two people went missing last night, and Seon was discovered butchered in his quarters. We must continue with our efforts, however. Our sacrifices thus far must not be in vain. Our course is clear; we must still find the purest sacrifice. When the gods at last accept our sacrifice and give us rain, this small, side problem shall solve itself. Now, are you ready to keep today's record?"

Day 3 has begun! You have 36 hours.

Alive:

Bsmith
    Chaotix
    Daveshack
    Edse
    Fluffy
    GeneralHankerchief
    Ishmael
    Jarema
    Landlubber
    Lazy McCrow
    Lewwyn
    Montmorency
    Visorslash
    White eyes
    Zack

Lynched:

Atheotes (D1)
    SalmonSoil (D2)

Attacked:

Seon (N2)
    Yaropolk (N2)
    Csargo (N2)
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 03-03-2012 at 01:32.

So there's a twist to it; Pizza anticipated this.

Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

interesting.
    it seems almost as if we had lost one town power role, and that SK (or someone similar) was killed.

Vote: Edse

Vote: Montmorency

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast