Vote: edse

Default Re: With Great Sacrifice

Wait, so what's behind these votes?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

My vote is based on how I felt yesterday, and I haven't seen anything to push me in any other direction at present. Edse is still tops on my suspicion list. I have a couple other people I'm waiting to see how they vote. But... we really need more people to chime in. This game has been a wasteland of talk and today has been even worse. It does not bode well.

I interpret the writeup as:

SK tried to kill Yaropolk. Don't know what the manner of Yaropolk's survival means.
    Mafia killed Seon, and tried to kill Csargo. Again, don't know how Csargo survived or what that means.
    The writeup implies both Yaropolk and Csargo "knew" they would survive, unless that's just flavor.

But they're not on the "Living" list.

Vitiate Man.

So the "survival" is just flavor, and they're really gone? Love the ambiguity.

If they're gone, we have a big zero. My suspect was going to be Yaropolk, though the evidence was merely having voted for both lynches.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Vote: Jarema

Placeholder vote. Won't have enough time to needle people this phase.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Reads to me like Yaropolk may have been a mafia killed by an SK. Not much in the thread to indicate who may look more innocent/guilty if that were the case. I've had a big problem with GeneralHankerchief's super-townie posts, but I don't know his playing style and that may just mean he IS a super townie. But anyway, the exchange with Atheotes after the first day indicates a high degree of confidence that he will get to the endgame. Nothing else tingling my spideys right now so vote: GeneralHankerchief

Quote Originally Posted by LazyMcCrow View Post
    Reads to me like Yaropolk may have been a mafia killed by an SK. Not much in the thread to indicate who may look more innocent/guilty if that were the case. I've had a big problem with GeneralHankerchief's super-townie posts, but I don't know his playing style and that may just mean he IS a super townie. But anyway, the exchange with Atheotes after the first day indicates a high degree of confidence that he will get to the endgame. Nothing else tingling my spideys right now so vote: GeneralHankerchief
    Then what about Csargo? 2 SKs killed two mafiosos? No whey, Mr. Ney.

GH is the godfather of Mafia in the Org.

And according to this pattern, someone should claim you are suspicious and vote you, and so on until we have a repeat of D1 and 2.
    Vitiate Man.

Let me synposize the dilemma: our stated objectivecoming into this was to lynch the "purest" individual and please the gods.

On N1 there were no kills.

On N2, there were 3 kills, and 2 of them were written in a very unusual manner.

In each of these kills, the killer was written in a way that almost makes it seem like the same guy did the killing.

Despite the sudden onset of kills, our stated objective has not changed.

Have we learned nothing from Pizza's game? Things are not as they appear.

A note: in the previous large game (Buffy 2) there was a mafioso who could kill 3 players a night. Just saying.
    Vitiate Man.

I actually agree with Lazy here - GH is seeming a bit too friendly and helpful a townie, more so than in the (admittedly few) other games I've played with him. I'm not sold on edse, who I think was just making a regular groundless day 1 lynch, and so for want of anyone better:

vote: General Hankerchief

What I'm trying to get across: Who are we lynching, and for what?

I get the feeling we're all just here to die.

It's a trap! We're all to be sacrificed!
    Vitiate Man.

Hmm, you have a point Montmorency - we're trying to lynch the person with the 'pure soul,' but I have no idea how the mafia/serial killer fits into that. It could conceivably be that the pure person is a one-man mafia team, with multiple kills and whatnot, but it seems a bit unbalanced if the town can win with a single lucky lynch.

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Hmm, you have a point Montmorency - we're trying to lynch the person with the 'pure soul,' but I have no idea how the mafia/serial killer fits into that. It could conceivably be that the pure person is a one-man mafia team, with multiple kills and whatnot, but it seems a bit unbalanced if the town can win with a single lucky lynch.
    Some of Khaan's games only featured 2 mafia in a game of thirty. There even was one where they had to lynch each other and recruit a new scum-buddy who didn't really count and the main mafia could still be lynched and lose. I wouldn't rule out the "one man mafia team" theory but it is a bit of a stretch. Need more people to start posting votes here.

Vote:Csargo

I see that you are voting for one of the "missing".

I mentioned earlier that he and Yaro do not show up on the "Living" list.

Consider that Seon was quite clearly killed, yet his status does not seem to differ from theirs.

I have however been pondering the question of this twist and your post made me think: what if they really aren't dead? The emperor or whatever labeled them "missing" in the writeup, so maybe they could reappear later?

With a crack, Yaropolk disappeared, replaced by a hunched, skull-faced figure.

“How irritating. Oh well… I will see you later, fool.” With another crack, the figure vanished before the intruder’s eyes.
    Vitiate Man.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Vote: Montmorency

Seems very talkative, almost too talkative to me.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Have I hit too close to the mark?

Vitiate Man.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just a reminder that there's about 12 hours left. Please talk and stuff.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotix View Post
    Vote: Montmorency

Seems very talkative, almost too talkative to me.
    Grrrrrr......vote: Chaotix. You know why

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Unvote

Yaropolk?

Khan, can you at least clarify the voting privileges Yaropolk and Csargo have ATM?
    Vitiate Man.

My thoughts:

Either both Yaro and Csargo have both died, and are either characters who will come back later in the game, or are characters who can't actually die (the role itself if you know what I mean, they are out of the game but the 'role' isn't killed) Certainly the fact that Yaro is voting is interesting.

Monty is always talkative generally Chaotix.

Regardless, 3 kills a night is not so unusual. A special power that can kill certain things, etc activating, + plus mafia and sk or vig kill, or even any combination of those. There are probably other ways for them to die too.

A one man mafia team is a serial killer. If we need to find the pure sacrifice, then it is bound to be a serial killer, one of many maybe?

Either way, Vote: Chaotix seems find to me.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by White_eyes:D View Post
    Some of Khaan's games only featured 2 mafia in a game of thirty. There even was one where they had to lynch each other and recruit a new scum-buddy who didn't really count and the main mafia could still be lynched and lose. I wouldn't rule out the "one man mafia team" theory but it is a bit of a stretch. Need more people to start posting votes here.

Vote:Csargo
    Hi! If you want to waste your vote on me that's fine, but it would probably be better placed somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

So, Csargo - are you dead or what?

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    So, Csargo - are you dead or what?
    Good question. I'm probably not the person you should be asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Vote: Chaotix
    Must vote for someone, and can't be sure I'll be online again during this phase.

Senior Member Senior Member Jarema's Avatar

Csargo, Yaropolk - maybe you can shed some light on your 'deaths'?
    Maybe this is time for some roleclaiming (if it is not forbidden for you).
    For now, vote: Chaotix. Voting for a player who tries to discuss things (Monty) is not good.

2 -GH (Lazy McCrow, Ishmael)
    2 - Montmorency (edse, Chaotix)
    2(3?) - Chaotix (Visorslash, DaveShack, Yarolpolk?)

1 - Jarema (GH)

1 - edse (Lewwyn)
    1? - CSargo (WhiteEyes)

Not Voting: BSmith, Fluffy, Jarema, landlubber, Zack

And that's all we got. I believe that the tiebreaker goes lynch the first person that reached the votes at the tie. So GH is currently the lynch unless Yaro actually gets to vote, which judging by him not in the living list, I'd say not.

I'm not really impressed with the voting here. 5 not voting with 5 hours to go. Feels like a lot of people just hiding.

Unvote: Vote Jarema Jarema posted at the beginning of the day, but didn't vote and hasn't posted since. What are you hiding? You cast a throwaway bandwagon vote on my yesterday and have done nothing to indicate a position to this point. My vote on edse isn't gaining much traction, but at least edse has voted today.

Crosspost...

Jarema's vote puts Chaotix on top with 3.

Unvote

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Dude, I kind of don't feel like dying Day 2.

I made a lazy vote. Thanks for jumping me on it.

Unvote, Vote: GH

Not sure if that counts. If it does, nothing personal.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast