Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Default Re: Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by Kekvit Irae View Post
    Introducing the Equality Mod, for players who just want women to do anything.

Download

Changes
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1.0 - Release

common/job_titles.txt
    # Women can now have any councilor title that were previously men-only, even Court Bishop.

common/minor_titles.txt
    # Women can now have any Awarded Title that were previously men-only.

common/objectives.txt
    # Women can now have councilor-related ambitions.

common/opinion_modifier.txt
    # Vassal opinion for female rulers removed.
    # Vassal opinion for female heirs removed.
    # Vassal opinion for granting fiefs to females removed.

decisions/employment_decisions.txt
    # Priests and Stewards you hire can now be female.

decisions/succession_laws.txt
    # Removed Basque from the Absolute Cognatic requirements.
    # Removed male vassal opinion for Absolute Cognatic.

events/dynasty_events.txt
    # Women can now claim a title via event.

events/family_events.txt
    # Ambitious daughters can now claim inheritance

events/job_chancellor.txt
    events/job_lord_spiritual.txt
    events/job_marshal.txt
    events/job_steward.txt
    # Women can now do the same jobs as male councilors.

I didn't change the 1.05 succession laws, as there are people (like myself) who don't want to play a cheesy game, but tweaking it to pre-1.05 is easily doable.

Big thanks to Monk for his tweak mod, which was the inspiration for this.
    Very nice work Kekvit. I'll update the OP with a link to both your download and your post here, as is the typical format.

events/dynasty_events.txt
    # Women can now claim a title via event.

events/family_events.txt
    # Ambitious daughters can now claim inheritance
    Sounds especially appealing to me. I may incorporate that into my own personal tweaks. Be very careful however, now that you've been bitten by the mod bug it might not let go. I've found myself tinkering more with files and experimenting than actually playing the game lately.

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9
    I am learning how to make new traits and make new events. I have made four for the elder scrolls mod and, wait for it... they are about werewolves!
    Sounds like a lot of fun rick! Care to share a little of what goes into making new traits? Never done it myself.

Edit:

Took the opportunity to clean up some of the OP formatting and even added in a link to the last contest, in case anyone wanted to read some of the exploits of our past players.
    Last edited by Monk; 06-04-2012 at 03:40.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Is it possible to create brand new events, or is it hardcoded? I cant seem to find the file containing the event descriptions.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Care to share a little of what goes into making new traits?
    I haven't really done any advanced stuff, but here's something:
    Code:
    male_redguard = {
    	congenital = yes
    	birth = yes

martial = 3
    	stewardship = 1
    	intrigue = 1
    	diplomacy = -1
    	learning = -2

opposites = {
    		male_altmer
    		female_altmer
    		male_dunmer
    		female_dunmer
    		male_orsimer
    		female_orsimer
    	}
    	opposite_opinion = -5
    	same_opinion = 5
    }
    Opposites can be used to change relations with a particular trait. There's some stuff you can put in it, you can get far by just looking at paradox's traits. Every trait has an event attached to it, otherwise you just couldn't be able to get it.
    Is it possible to create brand new events, or is it hardcoded? I cant seem to find the file containing the event descriptions.
    It's very possible. The descriptions are in localisation/textX files. This is also a helpful resource

It was pretty odd to see there's a robin hood themed event line. I never had that.
    Last edited by rickinator9; 06-04-2012 at 10:27.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Member thankful for this post:

Monk 

Quote Originally Posted by rickinator9 View Post
    I haven't really done any advanced stuff, but here's something:
    Code:
    male_redguard = {
    	congenital = yes
    	birth = yes

martial = 3
    	stewardship = 1
    	intrigue = 1
    	diplomacy = -1
    	learning = -2

opposites = {
    		male_altmer
    		female_altmer
    		male_dunmer
    		female_dunmer
    		male_orsimer
    		female_orsimer
    	}
    	opposite_opinion = -5
    	same_opinion = 5
    }
    The more I think about it, the more I simply ADORE the idea of a Daggerfall mod for CK2.

It's very possible. The descriptions are in localisation/textX files. This is also a helpful resource

It was pretty odd to see there's a robin hood themed event line. I never had that.
    Thanks. Now to tackle the hardships of brainstorming new event ideas.

--------

And in other news, my new King has become a legend in his own time. 11818 prestige, 3078 piety, TWO successful Crusades (this time against Castille which was sadly overrun by the Muslims), Realm Size of 299, 79 years old and still ticking, and is a great-grandfather. I'm preparing for the eventual succession wars by murdering the crap out of my children and grandchildren. Anyone who has a claim that isn't my heir or a child of my heir will fall down the stairs.

Taking a break from studying for my last final before graduation. Will be very happy to be done with these terrible quarter schedules. Ugh. Two years of technical courses on 10-week crash courses. My mind is like sillyputty... and yet this is how I unwind a bit in between study sessions:

Dear god. What have I become. Oh well. I didn't need that hour of free time anyway. This is more of a flavor mod than anything else, but one that might help the Turks a bit in their wars. I've changed the Seljuks from a tier 4 title (kingdom) to a tier 5 (empire) as they should have been from the start, imho. They are a titular empire just like they were a titular sultanate and given them a bit of a name change to coincide. This was my first forray into adding a completely new title entry, and it was much easier than I thought. After i figured out what I was doing wrong of course.

No idea if this will help them in their wars against the Roman Empire. Heh.. Yeah. Roman Empire. Loving the look of that one too..

@rickinator9 thanks, favorited the link and will look at it when i have had much more sleep than I have had now..

Sure. Go to your common/landed_titles.txt and search out the title's color you want to change. You'll see two entries labeled 'color' for each title, color1 and color2. You'll want to change color1 as it is the main factor in determining what color represents your faction on the map. It goes on a RGB scale of 0-255 for each of the three value. If you want, you can copy colors from other factions or just experiment to find the mix you desire.

color2 is almost useless, so much so that some factions do not have an entry and those that do are all 255 255 255. I'm not entirely sure what it does to be honest with you.

edit: Here's an example -

I changed the color entry for the Kingdom of England to this:

k_england = {
    color={ 0 26 26 }
    color2={ 255 255 255 }

Which on a RGB scale would be near black, and sure enough:

Happy modding!
    Right, thank you. I've created the Kingdom of Greece and a new empire called Hellenic Empire. I used the colors of epirus for both k_greece and e_hellas (that's how i wrote em at landedtitles) cause their flag is blue but the color map is that color that's where I lost. I made em blue now. Thank you. I attach you the pictures. I'll gladly share with you anything you want about creating or modding kingdoms, empires counts even city names but I'm sure you know "how to do" already! :D

Kingdom of Greece

Hellenic Empire

Last edited by Catalyst; 06-04-2012 at 13:17.

Very nicely done catalyst, oh and welcome to the forum!

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Been wanting to do Kingdom of Greece myself, nice to you that you did it! You should post a link to your files and we could add it to the list of mods and tweaks.

Also, I highly recommend the Super-doge tactic that The Stranger suggested. I heard it said before, but I thought it was a waste of space, but seriously, far easier to manage as there is a lot less claims/internal strife and you make tons of income from it.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Last night I was-

DAGGERFALL MOD.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    Been wanting to do Kingdom of Greece myself, nice to you that you did it! You should post a link to your files and we could add it to the list of mods and tweaks.

Also, I highly recommend the Super-doge tactic that The Stranger suggested. I heard it said before, but I thought it was a waste of space, but seriously, far easier to manage as there is a lot less claims/internal strife and you make tons of income from it.
    I had a look at some of the screenshots for the 1.06 patch, and it looks like they split up de Jure Byzantium into the kingdoms of Greece and Anatolia.

So you might not have to worry about modding that at all if this patch is out soon...
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    I've created a new thread for my mod there.

I'll still post the results of various experiments here but that thread will serve me much better in announcing releases and general information in relation to further improvements. Thanks Husar

I've created a new thread for my mod there.
    Ditto, and added a new mod too.

My first successful event. I'm proud of this one. Learned a lot trying to get this to work and it's going in my mod asap.

It's a modified mongol event except for the Turks, and not nearly as powerful. When the game starts at 1066 this event will fire within the first week every time. The two options are basically a yes or a no. "Call them to service!" will award you with a very good martial to lead your campaigns, as well as 8000 men to fight for you. "We do not need them." is exactly what it sounds like, where nothing negative happens and the Sultan is simply confident without the reinforcements. The event fires once, and after 1071 is unobtainable - effectively one time only. Here's the code for all interested.

Code:
    # Seljuk Reinforcements
    character_event = {
    	id = 1900000
    	desc = "EVTDESC1900000"

picture = "GFX_evt_large_army"

is_ruler = yes

trigger = {
    		has_landed_title = e_seljuk_turks
    		NOT = { year = 1071 }
    		primary_title = { title = e_seljuk_turks holder_scope = { religion = sunni } }
    		NOT = { has_character_flag = seljuk_turk_reinf }
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = { 
    		days = 1  
    	}

option = {
    		name = "EVTTA1900000"
    		ai_chance = { factor = 100 }

set_character_flag = seljuk_turk_reinf

create_character = {
    			random_traits = yes
    			dynasty = random
    			religion = sunni
    			culture = turkish
    			female = no
    			age = 30
    			attributes = {
    				martial = 12
    			}
    			trait = brilliant_strategist
    		}
    		new_character = {
    			spawn_unit = {
    				province = 687 # Kirkuk
    				troops =
    				{
    					horse_archers = { 2000 2000 }
    					light_cavalry = { 3000 3000 }
    					light_infantry = { 2222 2222 }
    					heavy_infantry = { 1112 1112 }
    					knights = { 200 200 }
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}

option = {
    		name = "EVTTB1900000"

}
    	}
    }

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

looks nice :P what about how the ai deals with it?

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    looks nice :P what about how the ai deals with it?
    The AI always chooses to raise the troops. You can edit the chance the Ai will take a specific option by messing with the "factor" modifier. I'm trying to make the Seljuks a bit more of a threat in the early years but so far I've not figured out the right combination, though the event certainly helps in their fight against the byz.
    Last edited by Monk; 06-05-2012 at 13:48.

Blog Entries

I got the Jewish religion added to the game, the biggest issue is, I need to now add Jews into the game. My gut instinct is to attempt a event which will pop for everyone which will randomly create a Jewish character in your court.

As for the tweak I posted earlier, remove it. I simply made it so turkish succession can be done by anyone and changed the limits on it, so it isn't too powerful for early Christians and renamed it via the .csv file.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

I got the Jewish religion added to the game, the biggest issue is, I need to now add Jews into the game. My gut instinct is to attempt a event which will pop for everyone which will randomly create a Jewish character in your court.

As for the tweak I posted earlier, remove it. I simply made it so turkish succession can be done by anyone and changed the limits on it, so it isn't too powerful for early Christians and renamed it via the .csv file.
    decisions/employment_decisions.txt
    Code:
    	employ_melbrooks = {
    		potential = {
    		}
    		allow = {
    			piety = 5
    		}
    		effect = {
    			piety = -5
    			create_random_priest = {
    				random_traits = yes
    				dynasty = random
    				female = no
    				religion = jewish
    			}
    		}
    		revoke_allowed = {
    			always = no
    		}
    		ai_will_do = {
    			factor = 0
    		}
    	}
    localization/melbrooks.csv
    Code:
    employ_melbrooks;Invite Jew to Court;Inviter un saint homme à la cour;Heiligen Mann an den Hof einladen;;Invitar a un santo a la corte;;;;;;;;;x
    employ_melbrooks_desc;Scour the land for a Jew to join my court and advise me on religious matters.;Trouvez et demandez à un saint homme de rejoindre ma cour pour me conseiller sur des questions religieuses.;Durchsucht das Land nach einem heiligen Mann, der sich meinem Hofstaat anschließt und mich in religiösen Dingen berät.;;Recorre la tierra buscando un santo que se una a mi corte y me aconseje temas religiosos.;;;;;;;;;x
    (ignore the non-English translations, ripped directly from the file)

Haven't tried it myself, but it should work.

Alternatively you could tie it into an on action event with a long meantime, say 3600 days, with a very low chance. So once every ten years on average a chracter will be asked if they'd like to have a jewish character in their court. The event thread rick linked earlier has a ton of information on how to get events to fire in the second or third post, and has a link to another thread that explains on actions.

Haha just be careful not to make it fire too often! I should show you some of the screenshots of me messing up the Turkish reinforcement event. At one point, every character in the game was getting turkish troops EVERY DAY. What a crazy game that was. It's fixed now, don't worry. :|

Blog Entries

Haha, I love the name of it.

I added the empires into the game. I took some inspiration from your mod (the template format), Kekvit, but I made the Empires titular and not dejure. I also enabled the Latin Empire to be creatable and Ottoman kingdom (if Turkish)

Here are some pictures of the (new) Empires on the game map:
    Britannia - https://i.imgur.com/TQJ0N.jpg
    Iberia - https://i.imgur.com/l2UAc.jpg
    Russia - https://i.imgur.com/kkTN6.jpg
    Scandinavia - https://i.imgur.com/jBmAT.jpg
    Map containing all - https://i.imgur.com/DdRDt.jpg
    Last edited by Beskar; 06-05-2012 at 19:26.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My first successful event. I'm proud of this one. Learned a lot trying to get this to work and it's going in my mod asap.

It's a modified mongol event except for the Turks, and not nearly as powerful. When the game starts at 1066 this event will fire within the first week every time. The two options are basically a yes or a no. "Call them to service!" will award you with a very good martial to lead your campaigns, as well as 8000 men to fight for you. "We do not need them." is exactly what it sounds like, where nothing negative happens and the Sultan is simply confident without the reinforcements. The event fires once, and after 1071 is unobtainable - effectively one time only. Here's the code for all interested.
    How do the 8k function? How bad is the upkeep, are they one army or several units, if they're disbanded can they be reraised, do they count as levies for purposes of declaring war, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    How do the 8k function? How bad is the upkeep, are they one army or several units, if they're disbanded can they be reraised, do they count as levies for purposes of declaring war, etc?
    They work the very same way that the mongol reinforcements do in that they are upkeep and attrition free. They appear on the map as a single army and cannot be subdivided. Their composition is relatively even, with around 1-2k of each type of unit,(knights being the exception with only 200) making them a fairly balanced army. They can be disbanded but cannot be reraised - they do not count as levies, however their presence will stop you from declaring an offensive war.

This means that they can be used against the Byzantines, and only against the Byzantines as the 1066 start date begins with the Seljuk-Byz war. They can also be used in any defensive war. When you disband them, 0 of the extra men go to the levy pool. In roleplay terms that means they return to the east, in game mechanics they simply dissapear. However I do believe you keep the commander who comes with them regardless.

Their performace in battle viewed over multiple tests puts the Seljuks on even footing with the Byzantines, if not ahead of them. However due to how massively stubborn the Byzantine AI is, the Seljuks have only won the initial war once in the 6 30 year games i've run.

edit:

Interesting. The AI seems to be able to get around the "I cant declare war if i have levies raised," and are able to declare war with their free units alive. The player however cannot. I never realized that before. This demands some further balancing I think.
    Last edited by Monk; 06-05-2012 at 19:47.

I'll do that but first I have to make some more changes. :-)

We should really use the Hypogimdaubfuwkb (or whatever the hell its retarded name is) for modding discussion. Just make a CK2 general thread :P

Hello lads,

So for those who are interested, here is the Kingdom of Greece and optionally a Greek empire.

Installation:
    1. Extract the .rar file into your ".../Crusader Kings II/" directory.
    2. Overwrite when needed.
    3. Enjoy
    Rar password: catalyst

Regards,
    Catalyst

Kingdom of Greece [Click here!]

Imperial Greece [Optionally]

Last edited by Catalyst; 06-05-2012 at 23:46. Reason: Correct the links

We should really use the Hypogimdaubfuwkb (or whatever the hell its retarded name is) for modding discussion. Just make a CK2 general thread :P
    Hypogeum.

Feel free to make a different suggestion, I just named it Hypogeum because Modena didn't come to mind at the time. I don't think Hypogeum is that bad though, maybe for Americans it is.
    Last edited by Husar; 06-06-2012 at 00:08.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Hypogeum.

Feel free to make a different suggestion, I just named it Hypogeum because Modena didn't come to mind at the time.
    Construction Yard
    Scaffolding
    Foreman's Shop

All of them have more of a construction/invention theme than an underground tunnel. Since the Arena encompasses all non-TW games, it doesn't really make much sense to use a Roman-only name, and the above names suit a Roman or non-Roman theme both.

Blog Entries

1. Not everything has to be in Latin. In fact, a quick glance at the front page shows only 4 forums/subforums (not including the Arena's subforum) have Latin or Roman-based names, all of which are in the Rome: Total War section. If we're going by section themes, then Hypogeum is out of place among Soft- and Hardware.

2. How many people post here who know what a Hypogeum is, versus how many people post here in total? Let's not forget that new forum members looking for gaming mods will be hampered by the fact that they wont know the first place to look. Hypogeum is not a good name for a modding subforum.

3. Hypogeum is an underground tunnel, which is misleading for a subforum dedicated to modding (construction, invention, etc).

Those are my reasons why I don't like the name.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

I would tend to agree with Kekvit if it weren't for the fact that the section has a caption under it that says "Discussion of non-TW mods and modding" which explains its purpose immediately.

I wouldn't have known what a Hypogeum was if Tiaexz had not explained it.

So as it is, I think the name's about as adequate as anything else we could come up with. I do like clever names and this fits with a "Roman" theme, but "Arena" is no longer an exclusively Latin word, either.

Above all, I'm not sure it makes a difference what our subfora are called as long as we explain what they're for right underneath them. So Hypogeum's a cool name, but if we come up with something cooler I say go for it. I always get the feeling we worry about cosmetic things like this too much.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast