Thread: Autoresolve question

Default Autoresolve question

I really don't enjoy naval battles so autoresolve all of them.

Has anyone worked out the optimal naval unit to produce for winning autoresolves?

So far I've been spamming medium bunes from naval tradition provinces as these seem to have the best balance of effectiveness against upkeep cost but wonder if I'd do better with sengoku bunes or even using two or three full stacks of bow kobayas instead of one of bunes?

Have also tried producing the best or most expensive units available and stacking them together but at legendary these rarely survive very long.

Default Re: Autoresolve question

I used to auto-resolve but it seems no matter the combination losses are always unacceptably heavy..
    Especially later game when enemy fleets are plentiful and you do not have time to constantly be returning to port for repair

I have actually found now I tend to have my stacks with 7 bow kobaya and 1 fire bomb..I never use Sengoku bunes and rarely medium bunes..
    My naval battles are over in 5 mins or so as I just attack and light up the enemy..They burn bright and rout fast...
    Timing the battle speed to stay away from sengoku that wish to board and taking advantage of the relative maneuverability of the kobaya I was surprised at how fast you could actually resolve a naval battle and more importantly how you could do so with minimal losses..