Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Travelers Timewarp [Concluded]

Default Re: Time Travelers Timewarp [In Play]

There is no way out. But it's too late now, with only hours to spare.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Eh?
    I guess you're replying to Monty's brainfart, but that's also pretty much my response to most of what's been posted so far. I'm hoping it'll all make more sense in the morning.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    There is no way out. But it's too late now, with only hours to spare.
    Care to share?
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonSoil View Post
    Ummmm. Pretty sure I voted for Montmorency.
    You are right.

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    I believe he meant the normal tally so that you in the future easily can see how the votes can have been altered.

2 CountArach (Chaotix, Montmorency)
    2 Greyblades (Arjos, Yarapolk)
    2 Arjos (Greyblades, Ishmael)
    2 Yarapolk (Lewwyn, Tuuvi)
    2 SalmonSoil (issaikhaan, Riedquat)
    2 Montmorency (Visorslash, SalmonSoil)
    1 Riedquat (edse)
    1 Ishmael (LazyMcCrow)
    1 edse (CountArach)

2 No Vote (DaveShack, atheotes)

Bastion of Sanity Member Captain Blackadder's Avatar

Round Over prepare for write up.

Coming Soon to a Gameroom Near You

As night falls on the headquarters of T.I.M.E the various time travellers return to their rooms to decide what it is that they need to do to see that they can survive. The people return to their rooms one by one. Suddenly people hear the sound of humming. A time machine has started up. A loud crack is heard as the figure disappears into the past. The others that have not chosen to do this wait to see who it is that will die.

A figure is sitting in his room working on the backstep device. His name is Frank Parker (Chaotix) a former CIA man now working for a top secret US government project to deal with time travel. He is leaning over the device whispering to it. Hush Lulu I will use you soon enough. Just have to calibrate the needles to improve my landings. So far I have never landed where I wanted to but this will change Lulu. Allright time to undo that event. Frank starts to put on his chrononaut uniform but it is not to be. As he stands by his time machine. A figure comes by. You have meddled enough Frank Parker. You are the worst of the lot. Always going back in time saving countless people that should have died. Starker should have taken over the US government. That virus should have being released and killed millions. That dam should have collapsed. Yet you had to stop all those things and turn them “right”. Well prepare to die Parker and this time there will be no turning back time for you. With these roads the figure pulls out a small device aims it at Parker and fires. Parker feels the very atoms of his body being torn apart and then he simply vanishes. All that is left of the chrononaut is a small patch of fire and his now non-functioning backstep device. \

Chaotix (Frank Parker) is dead

Alexander Gibson (SalmonSoil) stood in his room utterly confused by some of the things people were saying. All he wanted was to play a nice round of Golf and find out what had changed in the game since the year 2000 where he had last seen the game after travelling in time from 1892. He had heard of this women’s liberation idea in the year 2000 and found it to be a grand idea indeed for it left the men of the year 2000 with much more time to play golf. With that he prepared his clubs for a quick game that night. When he turned to leave the room a figure was standing there with a giant rifle. Where is he? It is you isn't it? Your the one I want arn't you? Answer me!! Gibson began to speak. Why my good man I have no idea what you want do you want to play a round? Maybe I could take your photograph when I went to the year 2000 they told me that colour photography was all the rage in London Town. With that the figure yells out shut up, shut up, shut up!!! And pulls his rifle up and shoots Alexander Gibson in the head.

Alexander Gibson (SalmonSoil) is dead

Now for the final scene A figure stalks his prey to his room but this time just as he is about to enter the room a loud cracking sound is heard and when he enters the room the time travel device and his intended victim are gone nowhere to be seen. The figure curses and curses that his victim should escape in such a manner. Next time he realises that he needs to be quicker to get this man. Next time he will not be so lucky. Next time he will pay.

As day breaks Inspector Spacetime walks out and looks around to see if any time traveller should appear or disappear based on the time travel from last night. Nothing happens Jack Harkness is still dead. Allright men let us begin and find out who should we lynch this time around?

Begin Day Two

Round Ends in 24 Hours

Montmorency
    Visorslash
    CountArach
    Lewwyn
    Daveshack
    Chaotix
    Atheothos
    Yaropolk
    Arjos
    Reidquat
    Salmonsoil
    Ishmael
    LazyMcCrow
    Edse
    Tuuvi
    Greyblades
    Khann

Now for the final scene A figure stalks his prey to his room but this time just as he is about to enter the room a loud cracking sound is heard and when he enters the room the time travel device and his intended victim are gone nowhere to be seen. The figure curses and curses that his victim should escape in such a manner. Next time he realises that he needs to be quicker to get this man. Next time he will not be so lucky. Next time he will pay.
    Interesting.

Alright, so this means there are 3 kills, and one doctor. Or if the quoted is fluff, or something else entirely, well - still 2 kills.

That leads me to believe that I was wrong. Kills prbably will change if a killer is lynched in the past.

I will admit to
    the people return to their rooms one by one. Suddenly people hear the sound of humming. A time machine has started up. A loud crack is heard as the figure disappears into the past. The others that have not chosen to do this wait to see who it is that will die.

I went back to move my vote onto Arjos; blame edse for making me paranoid.

What is our course of action? We could collectively lynch anyone on D1, and see if Chaotix or Salmon survive.

However, we can not pull that sort of trick indefinitely, as the multiple kills will within 3 or 4 days whittle us to the point that the Mafia will simply interfere with the attempt. Also, don't forget the 1-travel limit.

All in all, things look pretty dire.
    Vitiate Man.

However, we can not pull that sort of trick indefinitely, as the multiple kills will within 3 or 4 days whittle us to the point that the Mafia will simply interfere with the attempt. Also, don't forget the 1-travel limit.

All in all, things look pretty dire.
    Yes indeed... though I wonder if the doctor can go back in time to protect someone who was attacked on a previous night. If there is a doctor of course. If you are reading this, hypothetical doctor, please try to do that if you can as it will save us valuable townies.
    What is our course of action? We could collectively lynch anyone on D1, and see if Chaotix or Salmon survive.
    Yeah I think that is our best bet, but we must do that with our night actions. It doesn't get us any closer on who to kill today. Also you sort of used your 1 travel to day 1 on self-preservation...

I received a PM from Yaropolk that is somewhat suspicious, though whether or not it is indictable is another question altogether. It is contained below:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaropolk
    CA - I am planning to change my vote for yesterday. I believe that people tied for 1st with 2 votes are most likely innocent. Mafia wouldn't take the chance to be killed off on a random. That's as close to a clue that I have right now. The move is not completely selfless - I would like to avoid me getting lynched by someone trying to save Arjos. Same thing can happen to you.

Would you like to do a vote switch with me to one of the 1 vote people? Riedquat, Ishmael, or Monty. You're already on edse so we can't bump him up to 3.

2 CountArach (Chaotix, Montmorency)
    2 Greyblades (Arjos, Yarapolk)
    2 Arjos (Greyblades, Ishmael)
    2 Yarapolk (Lewwyn, Tuuvi)
    2 SalmonSoil (issaikhaan, Riedquat)
    1 Riedquat (edse)
    1 Ishmael (LazyMcCrow)
    1 Montmorency (Visorslash)
    1 edse (CountArach)
    I refused to go along with the plan. A few things that I find odd here:
    1) He said that he would change his vote last night but if what Montmorency said is true then it was him who entered the time machine last night. Of course, multiple people may well have in which case this is inconclusive. I'd still like to know his actions.
    2) There is no way to know that everyone with 2 votes is innocent. His reasoning is fair enough, though at the same time most scummy people would not change out of that 5 way tie situation (in which they only have a 20% chance of dying) for fear of looking scummy.
    3) I don't like massive amounts of self-preservation. Our travels to any day are 1 use only and we can't squander that.

Furhter he hasn't really contributed anything in thread. I'd at least like to hear a little more from him. Vote: Yaropolk
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Alright, but we can't honestly expect results from a D1 change, at least not anytime soon. Too many possibilities, and no case convincing enough to draw in the whole town.

Let me reiterate that if there are really 3 killers and one doctor, we will have only 4 shots (at best) of collectively altering the past. If two and no doctor, maybe 5.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Eh, that would actually make him more suspicious considering he's already been working for T.I.M.E and has a connection with the organization, still, I would imagine getting one of the mafia would have incurred a more violent incident in the writeup... Unless that bit about "this death will be purely temporary" is alluding to how the Time agents are likely top resurrect a fallen comrade after this timewarp is done. Hmm... I kinda wish arjos turned out to be the doctorat least there'd be a decent chance he's on the up and up story wise and resurrecting him would be a no brainer.
    OK, the more I try to figure out what is the best course of action here, the more quantum my brain gets as it threatens to ooze out of my ear. However - things that occur to me on the surface of Times' greasy pool:
    1) Monty, I can see from your post about paranoia getting the better of you, but your self-preservation move smells fishy as hell - so fishy it probably isn't, but even so; your 'daisy' post already gave me pause for thought.
    2) Count Arachs vote on Yaropolk seems entirely reasonable, but as I think it is in our best interests to keep things close, and also to apply some pressure - I must

3)vote: Greyblades Everything about that above post rings my bells buddy.

People are dying much quicker than I thought. I think that probably each mafia has a kill, and there are 2 of them. My write up sounds like I was killed by either a serial killer or a vigilante. The third write up for a failed kill could mean there is a doctor (Who, perhaps?), however it seems possible from the write up that the kill failed because the victim was time traveling. But this would mean that every night everyone should just time travel to protect themselves, so it probably isn't an actual rule.

I think we should try screw with the day one lynch and see if we can save me or Chaotix.

For now I'll save my ghost vote till the end of the day to see if I can create some sort of useful ripple effect.

If we go back and lynch SalmonSoil instead of Arjos on day one, then on night three, we stop him from being lynched on day one, what happens?

We can't - only one travel per day. Also, you claimed Doctor Who. what's uo with that?
    Vitiate Man.

I know that, but what are you trying to get at?

That we can't do that?

And are you really Who?
    Vitiate Man.

I think this is the crux. I don't think we should go back in time and start fiddling with stuff yet. This is a mafia game afterall. At its heart we should be looking for scum not continually second guessing ourselves. I think we should really try to figure it out and then plan our time travel based on suspicions instead of willynilly re-voting.

Speaking of looking for scum. That's a pretty interesting tidbit Arach. I think for me the part that is most interesting is that Yaropolk is so sure that all the people tied for 1st are not scum. If the town is moving forward on a plan like tying up votes at 2, don't you think that scum would try not to draw attention on the first day? There's nothing to fight about. Plus scum know that they can convince other people to go back and change their votes so they wouldn't be worried about being lynched day 1. If anything wouldn't you want to be lynched Day 1 so that when paranoid panicky villagers start second guessing themselves they bring you back to life? Seems Yaropolk is trying to do just that.

Vote: Yaropolk Talking would be good here.

BTW Lazy, Yaropolk voted for Greyblades on Day 1, what do you think of his attempt to switch off of Greyblades?

Also go back and look at the lynch write up. The namelist has been edited something funky by CB today. Any guess on what that is?

I'm still slightly confused on the whole timetravelling mechanic.

Well, we know who our confirmed innocents are at least.

So: Vote: Yaropolk

Also go back and look at the lynch write up. The namelist has been edited something funky by CB today. Any guess on what that is?
    You mean the dead people?
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewwyn View Post
    Just who voted for whom.

Visorslash - any thoughts on the game so far?

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonSoil View Post
    People are dying much quicker than I thought. I think that probably each mafia has a kill, and there are 2 of them. My write up sounds like I was killed by either a serial killer or a vigilante. The third write up for a failed kill could mean there is a doctor (Who, perhaps?), however it seems possible from the write up that the kill failed because the victim was time traveling. But this would mean that every night everyone should just time travel to protect themselves, so it probably isn't an actual rule.
    Are you suggesting that Monty was the intended target since we know he went back in time?

Visor, I think if we lynched Salmon on Day 1 and then went back night 3 and re-lynched arjos then Salmon would be rekilled on Night 1. AT least that's my take on it. Basically every order and vote anyone makes is always in force. if the person is alive the action is in force. If the action is on a dead person it sits there but if that person lives again then the dormant action then re-applies.

That's what I've gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    Just who voted for whom.

Visorslash - any thoughts on the game so far?
    Honestly: My thoughts are this. We need CLEAR lynches. SO the scum cannot go back and revive a buddy.

I'm not too sure on whether we can use the time travel mechanic properly to help us win, so at the moment, I'm going to go with the first option and play it like a standard mafia game.

Sounds good. I'm happy to lynch Yaro today or Greyblades, either one.

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    Well, we know who our confirmed innocents are at least.
    You mean the dead people?
    Well if we think about what Salmon's idea that we have a Vig then that's not necessarily true.

Well, our vig knows who the confirmed innocents are then.

Are you suggesting that Monty was the intended target since we know he went back in time?

Visor, I think if we lynched Salmon on Day 1 and then went back night 3 and re-lynched arjos then Salmon would be rekilled on Night 1. AT least that's my take on it. Basically every order and vote anyone makes is always in force. if the person is alive the action is in force. If the action is on a dead person it sits there but if that person lives again then the dormant action then re-applies.

That's what I've gathered.
    Dead people formulate actions that take effect immediately when they return. If their revival somehow entails the revival of another, and that one directed any actions towards the first, they will take effect as well.

There's no point in considering the outcome of Visor's hypothetical, because by rule we can only visit a given phase once.

Vitiate Man.

Not sure if this was made clear each person can only visit a phase once. So if Monty visited Day one last night then he cannot go back to that day all other players can unless they too already went back to day one.

Blog Entries

Hrm, 3 kills/attempts last night, I think that settles whether or not arjos is scum, and if noone claims they did it, the time machine thing might also clear monty.
    vote: Greyblades Everything about that above post rings my bells buddy.
    Explain, please.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

I think we should start considering not just who we want to lynch but who we want to go back to lynch on day 1. The earlier we organise this the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    Honestly: My thoughts are this. We need CLEAR lynches. SO the scum cannot go back and revive a buddy.
    I think for me the part that is most interesting is that Yaropolk is so sure that all the people tied for 1st are not scum.
    Those sound like good arguments to me. Vote: Yaropolk

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Whatever you do, don't waste more than one night power trying to save us. You would have to get the killer dead-on, and that's something that usually takes a whole game to do.

Not only that, but no guarantee getting rid of one of them will even do anything, if there are multiple mafia allied to each other.

--

On a side note, I predict SalmonSoil is mafia. Or if he's not: the mafia are going to try to set it up so that when one of them is killed, it will cause the other one to be revived. This makes the revived one look innocent and practically assures them victory. Expect them to bring someone back who died very early so that when they bring him back for endgame there will be almost no way for a single person to past-lynch him along the timeline.

Potential Vote: SalmonSoil

I'm going to be placing these potential votes for dead people every phase in the hopes that, should you realize who the revived mafia is but be unable to cause his lynch in the future, you can find some way to make sure he never comes back to life.
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast