Thread: Extended Unit Info Mod v1.1 (for EB 1.2) [release: Dec 17th, 2011]

Last edited by Casual Tactician; 08-03-2012 at 22:29. Reason: THE EDITING MENU SEEMS TOTALLY BUGGED!!! -> So I'll only post the link

Default Re: Extended Unit Info Mod v1.1 (for EB 1.2) [release: Dec 17th, 2011]

This is what I wanted. Thank you. I never understood why stats like range and lethality were not present in the game itself.

I can't seem to get this to work. I used 7 zip and extracted the files to the EB\Data\text folder replacing all files. Started up the game and nothing. I am only using the ExUIM-EUonly v1.1. I did not see anywhere saying I need to do both. What did I do wrong?

Perhaps it's 7zip that's corrupting the files?! You could try using winrar (it's 40-day free shareware), which I used it to pack the files, or winzip to unpack the files. Though it sounds like, you simply directed 7zip to the wrong folder?!?

Also have a close look at the short INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS and the general info again. If it's not 7zip messing up the files, you must have done something else wrong or your EB installation is somehow bugged. For me personally and roughly hundred other folks (so far) this micro-mod works without any trouble.

Apart from that the 'Extended Unit Info Mod' (ExUIM) isn't a real mod. It only replaces the export_units.txt (for version: ExUIM-EUonly) or the export_units.txt and the singleplayer & multiplayer export_descr_unit.txt (for version: ExUIM-standard).

I can tell you it works just fine and is a great feature during battles, when arranging your armies or and when planning which units to recruit.

If you still have any problems after trying winrar/winzip or reading through the original thread (at TWC) and are sure it's my micro-mod that isn't working, please post a reply so I can look into that matter.

PS: I hope you get it to work moriluk, and thanks for your positive feedback - save the extracting/installation issue. ;)

edit. I had it all wrong.
    Last edited by moriluk; 06-20-2012 at 19:57. Reason: because I am an idiot.

Just did a re-install with some new bells and whistles. I figured out what I did wrong. When I zipped it, I zipped it right into the folder. This simply put it in the folder without giving me an opportunity to remove the brackets. So there was a file called "[ExUIM-standard v1.1_EU]export_units" just sitting there. Once I changed the name and deleted the other file, everything was fine. Thanks again for this. It must have taken a considerable amount of time and effort.

A little... yes. ;) Btw, I've redone the installating instructions, and also added a section on 'Compatibility with other EB submods (and sub-modding the ExUIM)'.