im not sure but on previous total wars the little radius that went round ships and fleets used to mean something, like a ship cant come into your radius without you being allowed to fight it. why have they changed this and made it so ships can slip by you so easily!!! it is so damn infuriating it is beyond belief, am doing a satsuma campaign on legendary and was hoping to go republic once i was prepared, its like the computer read my mind and thought it would give me a taste, from nowhere over the course of a few turns eleven clans declared war on me ( about turn 80) and ever since my island has been covered in ships and fleets bombarding everything and then running away when i get close. unless you start the turn relatively near to a ship you want to attack you have no chance of getting them as they will just retreat miles away, u can't even pin them in sometimes, they just slip by you like you are not even there. I am at my wits end with this campaign and am going to jack it in, am sick of chasing ships all over the place, its ridiculous, I just checked and it is actually the entire map bar my allies saga(2 provinces) and the vassal u start with. it is literally like i have already gone republic.

ok rant over