Thread: M:TW Hungarian AAR "The Creation of the mini Mare Nostrum in the Black Sea"

Live in the city of West Des Moines; state of Iowa; in the United States. Have been to Canada, Mexico, and Thailand.

Default M:TW Hungarian AAR "The Creation of the mini Mare Nostrum in the Black Sea"

Hello all and welcome!

I am starting an AAR the is using the Hungarians from M:TW in the early age. My "goal" is for Hungary to be a pan-slavic/turkic empire that has the Black Sea as it's own little port.

What I will supply: A tale of the times from 1087 to 1453 of how Kiraly Laszlo the I was able to build Hungary from a nation of semi nomadic peoples into a great empire! I also will provide updates and pictures to this AAR. You will get to know the Kings and others in this tale.

I will run it in 25 year "blocks" with usually a couple of background pieces. I use pictures from the game as well as other internet pictures(with credits given)

My first piece will be up here May 12th or perhaps sooner. My posting is roughly once a week, but can be quicker if I get time in RL Finally, I write as it helps with my severe depression and PTSD (Thanks US Marine Corps) not to grandstand for you folks

What I need from you: It would help if you read it, but I really want critques!!! Don't feel like your going to strangle my inner muse because you said my stuff sucks I want to know how to improve!! Furthermore, I will be incorporating some Latin (as I self teach) and Hungarian. If something doesn't look or sound right let it be known so I can PM you (and bug you with questions)

Any comments or questions post here till May 12th then will open new thread and have moderators close this one.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tinman that he didn't already have

Default Re: M:TW Hungarian AAR "The Creation of the mini Mare Nostrum in the Black Sea"

Sounds great. :D

I think some Hungarian phrases would be great, that would add a lot of flavor to the piece. But if you do that could you please give us footnotes at the end of the chapter? I don't speak Hungarian and I doubt many of us do.

I like that you're using the ethnic term Kiraly too. :D
    "Hope is the Last to Die" Russian Proverb

Live in the city of West Des Moines; state of Iowa; in the United States. Have been to Canada, Mexico, and Thailand.

Default Re: M:TW Hungarian AAR "The Creation of the mini Mare Nostrum in the Black Sea"

I hope all is well. I ran into a bump with my computer deciding to have issues. Never fear the year up to 1103 is in the books. just need to get it all together (fraggle pictures ) So it will appear on a sunny day
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tinman that he didn't already have

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Fraggle pictures? You modded in a Fraggle faction? Awesome, I can just see Gobo leading your cavalry charges....

I am a Hungarian and I approve this AAR!