Thread: [CK2] Monk's Tweaks Mod

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Default [CK2] Monk's Tweaks Mod

This mod is discontinued. Thank you for the support.

But fear not! - the mod is continued here;

Equality and Balance: A modification for Crusader Kings 2

Hello everyone, thanks to our moderators for this new modding sub-forum. The mega-thread was getting a bit crowded and hard to find new items, even with directions in the OP.

Description

Welcome to the tweak mod!

This is my own special modification that originally drew inspiration from the CK1 council mod, created by The Chancellor on the paradox forums. It's original and current purpose is really simple. I wanted to let the player have WAY more freedom in how they played the game when it came to genders. I really disliked how punishing vanilla is whenever you have a woman on the throne or next in line. It just felt way to extreme and outright encouraged you to stay male 100% of the time. Not only that, but i felt women just had nothing to do in vanilla. I and my friends used to laugh about how our genius daughters were sitting around court rolling their eyes at their idiot brother who happens to be our chancellor because there's "no one better." When i started looking into modding the game, these were some of the very first things I changed.

Since that original inspiration and implementation my vision for the Tweak mod has expanded. I want to take that same principle and take it to its logical conclusion, let the player do more while still keeping to the vanilla mechanics we all love, and preserving the "medieval feel" that has me so hooked on CK2.

Features:
    *Expanded roles for female characters in the council.
    *Seriously nerfed the opinion modifiers for having a female heir, being a female ruler and giving women titles.
    *Women may now demand a title from their dynasty head, or their liege.
    *Rebalanced Iberia and the initial Byzantine start to allow the AI to find more than one outcome in those areas.
    *Byzantine Empire and Seljuk Turks have new names that are a bit more friendly to history.
    *Seljuk Turks are now an Empire-level entity.
    *Absolute-Cognative Succession is no longer restricted to Basque culture
    *Incorporated my Ruler Designer traits are free, for those of us with the Ruler Designer DLC - Create new characters without each trait adding age and without restriction!
    *Reworked Holy war CB to not be so spamy and gamey
    *New events!
    *New Monophysite Holy Orders and Mercenaries

Code:
    The Tweak Mod - Made by Monk

-------v0.5.0---------

!!!! 1.08 compatability patch !!!!

*Re-tweaked muslim invasion CB - now requires 600 piety, decadence requirement is still in place.

*Women can now lead armies and aspire to become Marshal.

*For a woman to be considered 'worthy' of command they must be either a brilliant strategist, or a skilled tactician.

*Women who have no marshal education can still lead forces if they have a marshal skill of 15 or higher.

*Contenders in the starting 'Fatimid War' now each begin with 500 gold to put even more pressure on the Caliph.

*Leon nerfs to bring them into line with the other Christian powers of the Iberian

-------v0.4.1---------

*Muslims now have the ability to declare holy war on Orthodox rulers again. They still cannot declare war on Orthodox Heresies, however.

*Fixed a potential crash issue caused by a mismatched dynasty tag in characters/egyptian_arabic.txt

*Fixed misplaced text in Imperial Reconquest CB

-------v0.4.0------
    !!!! 1.07b compatability patch !!!!

*Fatimids have been heavily rebalanced:

*New vassals have taken over the duchies of Aswan, Damietta and Sinai. These vassals are all very powerful and represent how divided the Caliph's power had become by 1066.

*Crown Authority for k_egypt has been reset to Autonomous Vassals to represent the erosion of authority that Cairo had suffered going into 1066

*Strength of the Mamlukes has been nerfed heavily, they now only have 1/4 of the strength they previously had (6k free troops is too much for the Fatimids in this era)

*The Fatimid Dynasty now begins the game with a decadence rating of 75.

*Holy War Cooldown has been extended a bit as the modifier is now added on the date of declaration, instead of the date of victory/defeat. The new cooldown is 7 years instead of 5.

*Muslims can no longer declare holy war against Orthodox heresies.

*Muslim Invasion CB now requires 1000 piety to use and CANNOT be used if the character's dynasty has over 30 decadence rating. Only the truly devout may wage this type of holy war.

*Byzantine Imperial Reconquest no longer usable by the e_byzantium title. You must restore the Roman Empire before you can reconquer it.

*Seljuk Army events removed as Paradox has done a stellar job at making the Seljuk/Byzantine war dynamic.

*numerous localisation fixes for typos
    -------v0.3.1---------

!!!! 1.06b compatibility patch !!!!

*HRE is now locked to autonomous vassals.

*undid stealth buffs to iberian muslims paradox added in new patch

*Valencia has lost one holding to rebalance Toldedo's starting position

*slight tweaks to Barcelona to rebalance their starting power

*nerfs to Tweak Population Events that required gold. They now no longer cost more money than you had at the time of the event.

-------v0.3-----------

*localisation of faction names reverted to vanilla on a temp basis

*Rebalanced Iberia again. Huge changes related to holding numbers, tech levels and starting units for the powers there.

*Sevilla and Toledo were nerfed significantly.

*Jimena powers and Barcelona significantly buffed to be in line with the strength of Toledo and Sevilla.

*Iberia is no longer a one way street and you should see dynamic outcomes there thanks to these changes.

*New Holy War CB

*'Holy War' CB now costs 100 piety (Ai will wait until it has extra piety so as to not purposefully go negative)

*Winning a holy war now brings with it a truce timer. You are unable to declare another holy war for 5 years after winning one. This means you can no longer abuse the Holy War system to own half the map in one generation, or gain unfair momentum within a decade in a certain area of the world

*Losing a holy war that YOU declared will cost you 150 piety. You've been warned.

*New Events for population interaction. Begin to deal with the problems of the peasants as only a feudal ruler can.

*change to 'defending against infidels' opinion modifier, reduced it from a +30 bonus to a +20

*Seljuks can now call in the "full strength" of their empire to fight the Byzantines.

*One time special reinforcement event that fires within a few weeks of the 1066 start.

*Only works once

*gives them the extra punch they need to have a chance at winning (the AI is still dumb though)

*Monophysite holy orders and mercenaries! 

-------v0.2-----------

*Re-localisation of both the Byzantine Empire and the Seljuk Turks. They are now the Roman Empire and the Great Seljuk Empire, respectively.

*The initial war between the Roman/Seljuks has been changed to Tribal Invasion CB. If the Seljuks win, Anatolia falls. Beware!

*Rebalanced the Iberian powers:

*Leon, Castile and Galacia have recieved additional holdings in a single county each.

*Cordoba and Sevilla have both lost a single holding. 

*Incorporated 'Ruler Designer Traits are Free' mini-mod as an optional component.

*Women can now demand your titles if their leige is old and without children.

*Daughters will now ask for titles.

-------v0.1-----------
    !!Initial Release!!

*Expanded Council - Women now able to serve as Steward, Spymaster, Chancellor

*Women have ambitions to become the new jobs available to them

*Basque culture restriction removed from Absolute Cognatic Succession.

*All religions made playable.

*nerfed female ruler opinion penalties with male vassals.

*nerfed female heir opinion penalties with male vassals.

Installation:

Installation is modular. Unzip the archive to your /mod directory and then run the game's launcher. Make sure "tweaks" is selected and you are good to go!"

Should paradox release further updates and hotfixes that break the mod I will continue to keep it updated as required. New features won't be going into the mod for at least a few weeks. 0.4 will be the next big content version with a lot of interesting stuff added to the game.

Screenshots:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Crazed Rabbit; 03-03-2013 at 09:11.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Default Re: [CK2] Monk's Tweaks Mod

Release: v0.2 - New changes include:

*Re-localisation of both the Byzantine Empire and the Seljuk Turks. They are now the Roman Empire and the Great Seljuk Empire, respectively.

*The initial war between the Roman/Seljuks has been changed to Tribal Invasion CB. If the Seljuks win, Anatolia falls. Beware!

*Seljuks are now an empire level landed title.

*Rebalanced the Iberian powers:

*Leon, Castile and Galacia have recieved additional holdings in a single county each.

*Cordoba and Sevilla have both lost a single holding.

*Incorporated 'Ruler Designer Traits are Free' mini-mod as an optional component.

----Inspired by Kekvit Irae's Equality Mod--------

*Women can now demand the dynasty head's titles if their leige is old and without children.

*Women can now demand titles of their liege or if they feel they deserve one, just like men can.

*Very slightly nerfed male opinion penalties to giving a woman a title, have not removed it.

Kekvit and I have drawn inspiration from each other numerous times it seems. Really enjoy what she's doing with her Equality mod, which if you haven't checked out is pretty interesting over in her mod thread: Linked here

Iberia is now rebalanced - the Jimena brothers have a fighting chance. They no longer get wiped out before 1100 in every single game you play. However, they still make stupid decisions from time to time and get their behind handed to them.

The initial war between the Byzantines and the Seljuks has been changed to a Tribal Invasion. This gets rid of the huge, unfair advantage the Byzantines have at the start by taking away their +100 opinions to numerous vassals. The two sides are a bit more even now in balance and it's up to the AI to win or lose.
    Last edited by Monk; 06-06-2012 at 05:09.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Feel free to incorporate the heretic stronghold fix from my mod. Those stupid stronghold debuffs are annoying, and they are bugged so that they can potentially turn permanent (happened several times in my game) with no way to remove them.

new version
    Last edited by Monk; 07-05-2012 at 01:36.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Spain tweaks much appreciated!=)
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Gonna try this out! Looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Spain tweaks much appreciated!=)

The next version will have even more balanace changes (assuming 1.06 leaves balance alone) due to the AI being stupid. I swear it's like i give them every chance in the world but the Jimena brothers STILL find ways to kill themselves. I'm really starting to dislike the holy war system from a modding standpoint, purely because the AI cannot handle it.