Thread: More attention in the modding area?

Blog Entries

Default More attention in the modding area?

I think we need to encourage the moding comunity here abit more then we used to here are some of my ideas

Preview announcements just like regualar announcement this could be used to attract people to an developing mod
    Recruitment announcements-similar to the above

Here is my outline for such an announcement i will be using my mod as an example

Greetings total war .org members and patrons Rise of the hellenic states has just released a preview you could come visit them at the forge here *inseret link here*
    mod description go's here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rise of the hellenic states.png 
Views:	247 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	5859  
    Last edited by Hamata; 06-16-2012 at 17:57.

Default Re: More attention in the modding area?

If you meant forum announcements then I think it's a singularly bad idea to allow people to inject big banners. That doesn't scale, probably not even to a single announcement.

If you meant front page announcements, then that's always been a matter of asking the staff and they'd consider it/put up an announcement. At some point this will come naturally, roughly when the staff starts asking you the question when you yourself have forgotten about it entirely.
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 06-18-2012 at 01:07.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.