Thread: Future of Total War to be announced at Rezzed

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Future of Total War to be announced at Rezzed

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ment-at-rezzed

Total War developer The Creative Assembly will appear at Rezzed: The PC and Indie Games Show to exclusively show the future of its strategy series.

Attendees at the Eurogamer event will get the first look at the developer's next project during a presentation celebrating the studio's 25th anniversary, scheduled to take place 6th July at 1pm UK time.

"This year, The Creative Assembly is celebrating a quarter of a century making games," said Total War lead designer James Russell. "I'll be at Rezzed giving a talk on the making of the Total War series, and showing a sneak peek of what we're doing next. Exciting times - see you there!"

Rezzed takes place on Friday 6th July and Saturday 7th July at the Brighton Centre. That's in Brighton. Tickets are on sale now at www.rezzed.com, priced £12 for one day or £20 for both.

Eurogamer is now revealing the event's full line-up thick and fast: earlier this week 2K announced that Borderlands 2 will be playable at Rezzed for the first time in the UK.

Also playable: Gearbox's Aliens: Colonial Marines, Introversion's Prison Architect, Croteam's Serious Sam 3 and Xenonauts, with many more set to be announced before July.

Expect developer sessions, too, including one from Carmageddon Reincarnation developer Stainless Games and a 15-minute narrated demo of XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
    The future of Total War to be announced at Rezzed, aka a gaming convention on the 6th and 7th of July.

Any thoughts on this?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Default Re: Future of Total War to be announced at Rezzed

No thoughts, but I find myself strangely excited about it.
    This space intentionally left blank

Le excited.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Personally, I'd love for CA to have a go at the American Civil War. I've always been a huge fan of Sid Meier's Gettysburg, and I feel like the TW system should be able to handle that kind of combat very well. A TW-version of the ACW certainly would have nowhere near as much realism as SMG, but I think it could still be decent given enough development.

More realistically, I'd like to see Rome 2. The Roman time period is my favorite of them all, and a fresh version with Shogun 2's vastly improved CAI would be welcome.

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

I’d put my money on Rome, as it is past time to return there according to popular vote.

But if were up to me; I would rather see Imperial Total War, a visit to China’s three kingdoms period.

Maybe some day?
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Shogun 2's vastly improved CAI
    Lol.

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4 View Post
    Lol.
    Sure it's not up to human standards but you have to admit that it has improved since earlier versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

I am not so sure.

It is more active than the AI in previous games but better? Not really imo.

Summa Rudis Senior Member Catiline's Avatar

Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

A bit predictable, but I'm still a bit disapointed. As if there are only 3 or 4 good settings for TW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ElmoInhanced.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	265.8 KB 
ID:	5931

Or you can believe this if you want?
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Quote Originally Posted by Peasant Phill View Post
    A bit predictable, but I'm still a bit disapointed. As if there are only 3 or 4 good settings for TW.
    Agreed, there are so many periods or areas untouched :(

But yes, so far the pictures seemed so fake XD
    I still hope an hoax, just to get ppl checking...
    Last edited by Arjos; 06-26-2012 at 12:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Peasant Phill View Post
    But there are =o

On a more serious note..

I really hope the next TW game is a much larger scale than Shogun 2 (basically larger campaign map please :3 ) while not being as confusing and :wtfisgoingonhere: as Empire. I didn't really play Napoleon an awful lot, because Empire put me off and I really waited a long time before taking a look at FotS.

The way the campaign map works in FotS is amazing. It is easy to understand, straight forward and simple BUT.. it was limited, mainly because of its size, mainly because of the topographical features of Japan itself I guess, which made every single campaign a bit dull after some time, because there was just nothing that was going to go differently eventually... Sort of like play one campaign, you've played them all.

I am not a historical accuracy kind of person.. if it provides the necessary level of diversity/scale, they can make a fantasy TW for all I care. I really hope for a Rome 2 or Medieval 3, bringing said level of diversity between the factions back to life. It just felt a bit meh with Shogun, how there are no army makeup/tactical differences, because everyone was running around with exactly the same units which could all be countered in exactly the same way.

Going too far into the future is also a thing I would not really look forward too, as they are just going to have to make the game ridiculous in order to still work in a TW way.

At this point, I guess we can still speculate, but I hope that screenshot/picture thing is not a hoax but rather a hint.

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    Personally, I'd love for CA to have a go at the American Civil War. I've always been a huge fan of Sid Meier's Gettysburg, and I feel like the TW system should be able to handle that kind of combat very well. A TW-version of the ACW certainly would have nowhere near as much realism as SMG, but I think it could still be decent given enough development.
    Seconded
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

For the record, its been announced Total War: Rome 2.

There is already a new forum section https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forum...tal-War-Rome-2
    maybe those guys should be doing something more useful...