Prologue:
    Wrestling an Hekatoncheir

The Koinon Hellenon.
    Year of the 127th Olympiad.
    Autumn

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Chremonides Aithalidos.
    Athenian General and Statesman.
    Issued war declaration against Makedonia.

The Kretan Poleis have finally decided to join our Koinon after the spartans crucified the entire city of Kydonia. Not without some resistance, however; in what King Areus named a "uneventful battle". You must understand, however, that with Areus' age, any battle can be uneventful. I believe he was present when Megas Alexandros was born.

In any case, our councillors are setting up the agreements in order to join the Koinon. I imagine it will be quite easy. I believe Areus is still stationed in the island, I don't think he would have any troubles crucifying 3 or more Poleis on his way back to Sparte.

A few days ago, an envoy from Agathokles; the Archon of Rhodos, gave me a parchment informing me that the Seleukoi have blockaded the port of the city of Rhodos. Not realizing that the rest of the island has it's ports open.

It does take more time to move all the supplies from Rhodos to Lindos. Congratulate Basileos Antiochos of his great work with his navy. Lawagete.

Having sent Odysseos, a friend of mine from Kalabria; to meet with Basileos Pyrros and his advisors to set up a trade agreements. To which the spartans were vehemently opposed; and apparently, so was Pyrros.

Apparently he was trying to sneak the army into Argos, but Odysseos snuck up on him and his advisors, obviously enfuriating the king. His greetings might have been polite, but his response was not.

In the end, he lost the battle and went to reinforce his army back in Ambrakia, thankfully. It is easier to set up a ceasefire and a trade agreement when he is not trying to conquer every city in the Pelopponese. And failing at doing so.

I received word that the invasion of Euboia had been a success, after a battle where our forces where outnumbered, the strategos was able to pull a victory. The siege of Chalkis will end in the spring of the next year, after the siege equipment has been built. Either that, or the city will run out of food.

A makedonian navy has been patrolling the waters around Athenai, there are fears of an invasion, but they would be fools to disembark in the middle of a city. I won't put it past them however.

The makedonian Basileos has an army north of Thebai, an army that we cannot face even with all the forces of the Koinon combined. Hopefully the bigger spartan army sieging Corinthos is much better target than our almost defenseless city. Otherwise, the koinon's end will be written in blood on the snow.

Eudamidas.
    Eurypontid king of Sparte.

Basileos Areus has arrived from his succesful campaign in Krete and he will be able to join our siege of Korinthos soon. There are problems in the north.

Theban scouts have sent messages warning us about the army of Basileos Antigonos; king of Makedonia, marching south. If they choose to besiege Athenai, we would have to disengage the siege and bring battle to them or Athenai will surely fall.

The athenians themselves removing the makedonian infestation on Euboia. With our current army, we have no hope of defeating that army. The end of this Koinon might be soon over if Antigonos is smarter than what we hope he is. We hope that his lash is guided by his anger towards the impudents who besieged his city.

We will send a message to Sparte so that they make preparations for our arrival. Whether Athenai is besieged or not. Sparte has resisted the ostentations of Phillipos and Alexandros, it will resist the wrath of a fool with a throne.

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 06-29-2012 at 09:55.
    Because we all need to compensate...

Default Re: What was once lost

what a rare occurince a koinon hellenon aar keep it up jirisys!
    Is eating a taco.

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Default Re: What was once lost

[Placeholder]

Edit:

NOOOOOO WHY DID YOU POST BEFORE I DID YOU RUINED THE PLACEHOLDER THINGSikhfsuhgdsuhgujbgujrbgisjhiwshfaiusbfugbujsdgbujasgbiask

@Moros! I want this person to be punished for his insolence. Thank you.

Ugh. The rating thing crops the images and screws up the layout.

~Jirisys ()
    Last edited by jirisys; 06-29-2012 at 10:12.
    Because we all need to compensate...