Thread: Wishlist for Rome 2 (and beyond)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wishlist for Rome 2 (and beyond)

(More than a year to go before release, you never know.)

- I'm personally not terribly bothered, but I expect people would really like extensive mod support.

- Any good ideas/things you want to see in the naval battles?

- I suppose they hinted in this general direction regarding legions and such, but I'd really like more attention paid to more realistic scaling of size, time, and distance. Where in STW and MTW, the campaign map felt like you were ordering attacks on a particular province in a particular season and you are left to imagine the logistical efforts and actual army movement, the later games, by putting an actual army with an actual position on the map, really hurt the credibility and immersion of the experience since it plainly does not take 3 months for an army to march from Rome to Sicily. There really ought to be a more realistic way of representing the army-in-presence on a strategic level. Say, let you decide where to base an army and give you the option of rebasing it from turn to turn, and let you specify where in the map you want the army to concentrate should a province be attacked, for example.

- 'Better' AI? There was an interesting video with one of the Civ developers where he talks about how the point of designing AI is not so that it beats a player, but so that it puts up a good challenge but goes on to lose. Or at least AI that does not annoy. I think FOTS was a lot better about this, but I've just been following the wake of destruction left by the remnants of one Swedish horse regiment with paths seldom tread in NTW and that was not fun.

Member thankful for this post: