Hi all,

IMHO comparing the (unreleased) mod to vanilla game is unfair.

Rome 2 has huge potential, thou still untapped properly. However CA is ironing out bugs and opening it up for modding. That's what really matters.
I myself bought the game very recently so I knew what I am about to get, but absolutely I don't regret it (my first purchase of CA game since M2TW btw). I can bet talented modders will crack this game up to experience beating anything RTW or M2TW modding could offer. Sea battles alone I enjoy out of the box, did not even try any mods.

Considering EB mod, I'd rather you compare game engines. Rome 2 is a winner over M2TW, already, or this moment is very close. Being set in proper era is alone one great advantage, saving HUGE amount of work enforced on EB team by M2TW engine. Not going into details about all those new features we could only dream about in RTW or M2TW. Yeah, I saw Angry Joe's review - fair enough, but patches are still coming and majority of issues were about specific battle bugs - usually relatively easy to fix or overcome.

There should be a kind of open public discussion what is better for the future of EB mod - continued work on M2TW engine (keeping in mind that 1st release will be incomplete on many levels - we'll see how many) - or - porting as much as possible from gathered priceless historical info, all those fantastic textures made already, databes of historical places, voice mod as well as EB team modding talent - and to invest this all in Rome 2.

It is about what is really more worthy further effort. Even EB modders can't make M2TW engine better than it really is. Just finishing EB 2 on M2TW for the sake of finishing unfishined project is no more justified to me.

Perhaps there was already such a discussion, sorry if I start unnecessarily. I gradually lost some interest and stopped lurking here since long time, honestly (though I keep subscribed to EB TT news, admire marvelous work of modders and keep interested to see it released). But all my hopes for the best ancient era enjoyment went rather to future Rome 2 mods.

I think I am not alone believeing that the most logical step is to see EB work ported to Rome 2, as soon as possible.